Which movie did you enjoy the most this sumer?

List of movies

• The Da Vinci Code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X-Men: The Last Stand

• Superman Returns

• Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest

• Click

• A Scanner Darkly

• Mission: Impossible III

• Nacho Libre

• Snakes on teh plane!!!!

• Total voters
The Da Vinci Code
Haven't seen it, I'll wait till DVD.

X-Men: The Last Stand
Excellent.

Superman Returns
Haven't seen it but I want to.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
Loved it.

Click
Haven't seen it and I don't want to.

A Scanner Darkly
Haven't seen it but I want to.

Mission: Impossible III
It was okay.

Nacho Libre
Meh, didn't really like it.

Snakes on teh plane!!!!
YES! GREATEST MOVIE EVER, lol.

masterchris said:
Silent Hill, even though it wasn't a summer release, and wasn't on the list to pick from. The reality is, I haven't seen anything on that list. I want to see A Scanner Darkly, but it doesn't look like it's going to make it to any theatres around here. :((

That sucks man, it's an awesome movie. It's only playing in three theaters here in Toronto. I'm guessing that's because it's an independent film and the computer "rotoscoping" process is a lengthy and costly procedure.

I can imagine you would appreciate it since we both like all types of psychological stories.

Hexagram said:
That sucks man, it's an awesome movie. It's only playing in three theaters here in Toronto. I'm guessing that's because it's an independent film and the computer "rotoscoping" process is a lengthy and costly procedure.

I can imagine you would appreciate it since we both like all types of psychological stories.

Aha! I just got a reply from the local theatre chain, Empire Theatres, stating A Scanner Darkly will be coming to Halifax on July 22!
They're putting it at The Oxford Theatre, which is this swanky little theatre house left over from last century which they preserved, and they put all the weird indipendent/creepy/fucked up stuff in it that either nobody wants to see, or wouldn't do well in the great big multi-plex-fuckin-things. That's going to be awesome, but that theatre is usually full of university students, who will probably laugh at stuff that isn't funny, like they did at Silent Hill.

masterchris said:
Aha! I just got a reply from the local theatre chain, Empire Theatres, stating A Scanner Darkly will be coming to Halifax on July 22!
They're putting it at The Oxford Theatre, which is this swanky little theatre house left over from last century which they preserved, and they put all the weird indipendent/creepy/**** up stuff in it that either nobody wants to see, or wouldn't do well in the great big multi-plex-****-things. That's going to be awesome, but that theatre is usually full of university students, who will probably laugh at stuff that isn't funny, like they did at Silent Hill.

Good stuff, glad to hear it! As for the Uni students laughing, some of it has a bit of comic relief so there's no harm in a few chuckles. Although they were jerks to laugh at Silent Hill!! The overall story is depressing and quite complex. It requires a lot of attention and you can find yourself getting lost. It's not scary but some of the imagery is creepy and quite trippy. I don't know if you like Radiohead (they do the soundtrack), but I know you're a fan of Pink Floyd and it has the same vibe as something along the lines of The Wall. Think of the artistic value in Sin City mixed with the depression in Requiem for a Dream and the insanity from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Oh and another thing I should point out, when the movie ended the audience clapped and I joined in with them. I haven't experienced applause at a theatre since Star Wars 3, and before that Return of the King.

I did not enjoy The Da Vinci Code much. Out of the lot, I enjoyed X-Men III most.

But the summer's not over! In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing three new movies coming this weekend in Clerks II, Monster House and The Lady in the Water.

I would also quite like to see A Scanner Darkly, but fat chance of seeing that here until DVD release!

I really didn't like any of those movies. It's been quite a disappointing summer, but I expect no less from Hollywood. But Clerks 2 looks like it'll be great, I'm gonna see it tomorrow.

masterchris said:

Oh man, you're so lucky. It's not coming to North Bay on the 22nd! We only have one theatre anyways so anything with a select theatre release would never hit our small town. But I was hoping by now it would be playing everywhere.

Haven't seen any.. I just can't bring myself to drop money on a movie... One of those things I can't do anymore... I've become a penny pincher.. savin for a down payment on my own place, a car, a quad, and buying a dog, and in time, a new computer :( No money for these extra things.. just beer and tequila :)

Do you really need a car and a quad? And a dog? I've had four cats and two dogs in my lifetime and I've never had to pay for any of them! Some dog is giving birth to puppies right now and they need a home!

I'm glad I pirated Mission: Impossible 3. That movie sucked. In Theaters I saw X-Men, SUperman Returns, and Pirates. I enjoyed Pirates the most, with X-men being a close second. Can't wait to see Snakes.

Now that I think about it, this sumer was kinda bland in terms of Blockbusters. Last year there was Star Wars III, Sin City, War of the Worlds and Batman Begins.

I saw Clerks 2 last night, and it was awesome. Every bit as good as the origional. Best movie I saw all summer (even though the only other one I saw was X3 :oops: )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod