What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Jonathan_Leack, Jun 8, 2017.

1. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

You got a keeper there.

Paradox likes this.
  2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I'm playing Hitman 2, which I'm really enjoying. I've also been playing some Spider-Man, as the new story DLC is out and its quite good.

My partner is playing Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! which looks pretty fun.

4. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Spider-Man looks damn awesome. Unfortunately, the PS4 just doesn’t have enough exclusives I want to play to justify buying one. I had the same issue with the PS3 and eventually turned it into GameStop

5. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

I have moved on to Uncharted 3 on the PS4 and just finished the France section. Though I played this to completion on PS3, I'm finding I don't remember a lot of it, so it's been nice going through it with fresh eyes.

I will say the controls feel a little clumsier compared to the previous entries in the series. The targeting reticle is a lot more in the way than before, blocking your sight when aiming at a distant enemy, I have noticed a lag when trying to make Drake jump backwards when hanging, and pressing the jump button in instances where I would expect to vault an obstacle in past games has often made Drake jump instead. I do remember feeling this game was a bit of a step backwards from 2, and these experiences are just reinforcing that memory.

That said, I do enjoy the added melee mechanics, and also the ability to throw grenades back at enemies if you are quick enough. Sadly, though, I feel it was one step forward, two steps back overall. Story is fun though.

6. Master_Craig

Staff Member

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception does introduce some cool mechanics, such as throwing grenades back at enemies as well as an improved, easier to use (in my opinion anyway) melee combat system, and of course the improved graphics, but story-wise, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, plus I think you're right COMaestro, a few mechanics do take a bit of a step backwards.

I'm mucking around with the Red Dead Redemption 2 online BETA (or Red Dead Online, I suppose) but I haven't gotten very far. I've yet to play with other people but I'm up to the first mission that allows you to do just that. The character creation is awful, as most characters look like a disaster.

7. Master_Craig

Staff Member

I've given the Red Dead Online BETA a go.

It's okay, but it's a lot of random murdering, which kinda makes sense.

I've lost a lot of honour points defending myself from other players trying to kill me. One guy tried to start a fist fight with me in the saloon. I played ball for a little while, then pulled out my knife and shanked him to death.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I bought Furi and Titan Souls on a whim.
    Furi is absolutely amazing. So much so that when I lost my save halfway through I have no problem playing through the first half again!