Official Thread Rules and Regulations

With our fair forum growing larger and more populated (again, finally, thank the lord they won't be deleted). It's time to lay some ground rules and make a few changes to hopefully streamline the boards and make them more user friendly for our newest community memebers:

The first of these new Rules and Regulations is the Official Thread. One thread to rule them all blah, blah, blah. But seriously here's the rules in the order you'll need to understand when creating your awesome thread!

1) When giving your new thread a title, please label it first with |OT| then the game's title and then, if you want to put a little english on it, something funny that will fit in the thread subject character limit.

2)The very first line of your new Official Thread should just be the game's title AND a link to the game's page in GameRevolution's database. This may seem really fucking stupid. I know. But these are the GameRevolution forums and you all are Revolutionaries so I expect a little unity and loyalty. I don't think that's too much to ask.

3)This is where you start having some choice. It's your OT, I'm not about to tell you what to do every step of the way. There are a handful of items that I (personally) am requesting you do when creating your OT and after the subject line and the link to the game's page in our database, I don't care where you go from here:
Please include, in your own order, the following items:
-the game's release date
-the platforms the game will be available on (if it's a multiplatform game)
-the game's box art
-a screen shot... or... two.... please no more than four.
-an EXTREMELY brief description of the game IN YOUR OWN WORDS, no copypasta
-links to preview, news, media (from GameRevolution first) ((If we haven't covered it, I don't care, but if we have, please link to our post, again GR blah blah you're part of us blah blah))

Finally, and this a rule I've already exercised without TheJx4 even knowing it was a rule:
Please don't post "|OT| The Blah Game" and then have "coming soon" in the body of the thread. If you're going to post an Official Thread, do it when you've got the time.

We may be growing activity, but no one is like... fighting tooth and nail for these threads.

Finally final: If you're creating and OT for a multiplatform game, post it in GENERAL GAMING because leaving it in the PS3 forum is just plain stupid.

Let's look a thread that is just plain overkill, needless, and frankly has no place in our forums at this stage in the game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441093
WOW! That is some crazy work for something that's admittedly just bull shit for people to have fun with.

Please let me or any admin know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod