What are you listening to?

I'm currently listening to Big Irons by The Phenomenauts. It's a parody of the western-ballad Big Iron by Marty Robbins.

Instead of the song being about an Arizona ranger in a duel with the outlaw Texas Red in the town of Aqua Frie, it's about the Phenomenauts and their epic space-foosball battle with the nefarious Neptune Ted in the Spaceport Delta.

It's a pretty fun song. Won't find it on any current edition of the Phenomenauts album which it was originally on though, something about copyright infringement of the original song (despite what I've heard that parodies are perfectly legal).

Testament's latest 'The Formation of Damnation' is some of most bitchin' old school thrash madness I've heard in a long time. Sound like what Metallica should still sound like if they hadn't forgotten how to write decent music.
Heaven Shall Burn's brutal deathcore album 'Iconclast Pt 1' is also doing the rounds. Pretty offensive unless your into uncompromisingly heavy and technical extreme metal, but it's f**kn awesome.

James Taylor -- Carolina In My Mind
Foo Fighters -- Everlong [acoustic]
The Outfield -- Your Love
Crowded House -- Don't Dream It's Over

your evil, reviving a 2 year old topic. damn you! now who's gonna take care of the poor dead thing? evil evil man.

anyways, staying on track, i just downloaded every single starsailor cd.

Chris_Crime said:
James Taylor -- Carolina In My Mind
Foo Fighters -- Everlong [acoustic]
^these

and
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Starfucker - Starfucker (they're really good)
I'm going through a Strokes phase, so may as well tack on This is It and Room on Fire
The new Spoon album is sick. (called Transference)
Nick Drake (70's acoustic dude, put out two albums then got killed, but he was pretty damn good)
Muse, everything they make is awesome.
Girls - Album. I hated it at first, but they're pretty good once you get to the 5th or 6th listen.
Cage the Elephant - you know, the guys from Borderlands. Good band.
Animal Collective, of course. Nothing like skiing to Animal Collective.

that's about it for now.

edit: how did I forget vampire weekend's new album? fucking incredible. The least-played song on my iTunes (white sky) has 21 plays, and the album came out a couple weeks ago. That should be a good estimate of how much I <3 it so far.

Demon's Souls OST.

Armor Spider is the best.

Also, Koala, how is Starsailor? Like most people, all I've ever heard was the song at the end of MGS3, and that's great.

keepithowitis said:
edit: how did I forget vampire weekend's new album? f****** incredible. The least-played song on my iTunes (white sky) has 21 plays, and the album came out a couple weeks ago. That should be a good estimate of how much I <3 it so far.

Funny, at this exact moment I am listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN1TolrbwLk. As for their new album, I gave it a few listens on their website, its good, but not as good as their first one (which admittedly took a few listens for me to really get into it). Maybe I'll still pick it up, ya know?

i remember when mtv did a special on vampire weekend a few weeks ago. well, since it was on mtv, i wrote em off as a teeny bopper crap band trying to capitalize on the whole vampire craze, then i saw their music videos, and boy, was i glad that i was so so wrong.

Gifted, that's what I thought about Contra when it came out, that it wasn't as good as their first album. But around the tenth run through it, I realized how incredible it really is. Holiday, I Think Ur A Contra, Diplomat's Son, California English, and Taxi Cab (in no order) are my favorite songs on it atm. Hell, Taxi Cab may be their best song.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle