What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electronic Super Joy, tough but still can't last for 40 seconds in Slow Dance. I can survive without touching anything but cap out at 38 seconds for the long-lasting goal.

Master_Craig said:
Finished Infamous: Second Son for PS4 recently and now I'm not sure what to play, the choice follows...

-Finish Pokemon X (3Ds).
-Finish The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3Ds).
-Finish Thief (PC).
-Finish the last remaining side ops of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4).

...or should I just buy Dark Souls II (for either PC or PS3)?

Dark Souls II, a man's game.

HK-47 said:
Dark Souls II, a man's game.

It's out this Thursday for PC, so I'll check what the retail prices are like, maybe Steam as well.

Longo_2_guns said:
As I've said before, if you haven't played Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1, play them before Dark Souls 2.

Played Dark Souls 1, never played Demon's Souls because strangely, Dark Souls came out here in Australia before Demon's Souls. :/

used44 said:
And finish the games you have before buying something new.

Damn you and your logic! :p

Yeah for real.

Link Between Worlds and MGSVGZ are both worth finishing though. I'm just trying to save Craig some cash.

Appreciate the advice, used. I think I might fire up MGSV and finish those last remaining side ops missions. Maybe even go through the main campaign again to try and get a faster and stealthier result.

I played my first side-op mission last night. I did the one where you destroy the anti-air emplacements. It was cool how the mission had a couple of twists in it to make it something more interesting than a side quest of this type would normally be. I decided to play it loud as a very non-stealthy killing machine, just to see if the game was any fun in that context, and it totally was. Not the ideal way to play, but it works for maybe the first time in the series.

used44 said:
I played my first side-op mission last night. I did the one where you destroy the anti-air emplacements. It was cool how the mission had a couple of twists in it to make it something more interesting than a side quest of this type would normally be. I decided to play it loud as a very non-stealthy killing machine, just to see if the game was any fun in that context, and it totally was. Not the ideal way to play, but it works for maybe the first time in the series.

Yeah man. MGSV: GZ does have potential for "run and gun" style game play and it is quite fun. I think it started becoming more of an option so to speak because of MGS4 (e.g. being able to move while aiming, introducing over the shoulder or first person aiming etc).

I've done most of the side-ops missions but I think I have two to go. One of them is that anti-air emplacements mission.

One thing I quite like about MGSV is how stealth has kind of gone back to basics. Out of the window is camo and stuff and now it's all about staying low and out of sight.

The fact Snake can sprint with a full grown man over his shoulders though makes me extremely jealous. Wish I could do that.

They're probably all atrophied and emaciated from all the torturin' though.

I love how the side-op took place during the day. It's really gorgeous in a totally different way from the main mission's rainy night.

^ Maybe! But when Snake takes out bad guys, he moves their bodies in the exact same way, picking them up over their shoulders and running.

As unrealistic as that may be, I honestly love it, it makes the game play feel a lot faster and more intense. I also quite like that "Reflex Mode" and more importantly how it can not only be disabled but also negates your points at the end of a mission should you have used it.

I agree, side-ops being set in the day is awesome, particularly different times of the day, e.g. one of the missions is in the late afternoon with the sun setting while other missions are set during the middle of the day. One of the biggest strengths of the new Fox engine is the lighting.

And yeah okay used44, I won't buy a new game just yet. I'll go back to Ground Zeroes first, ha ha I have been convinced.

The best animation in the game is grabbing an enemy from behind and dropping him onto his bottom with your arm around his neck.

I'll have to play another side-op tonight to see more of the fancy lighting. At first I was a little cynical toward the side-ops, thinking they were cheap attempts to lengthen the game. That probably is what they are, but my expectations are way up after playing that first one.

Mm, yeah I agree... the side ops are a bit of a way to try and lengthen the game and in a sense, while it feels kinda cheap it actually works. Because the map is quite large and it's not linear, you can take a variety of paths and choose different styles of play to beat the mission.

There is one mission though that's completely linear and that's because it's essentially a rail shooter for the most part (assaulting the base in a helicopter, with Snake sitting out on the side).

The animations are pretty awesome. I'm quite fond of the CQC. I guess one of the reasons the animations of CQC fascinate me so much is because of how similar CQC is to judo (or at least, seems to contain elements of judo in it, which interests me).

I started Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on iPad. I can play the first two chapters before deciding to buy the rest, which is nice.

Oh! That reminds me, I use my iPad when I play MGSV: GZ as a sorta real time map and info thingy (the iDroid basically). It sounds kinda dumb but it's actually kinda fun to use!

I WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THE TOPIC.

I've tried the "second screen" map app thingy on Battlefield 4 and it was kinda pointless. A game like that you don't really have time to look away from the screen. I could see it working better in MGS, but pressing the start button is pretty simple already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133