What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Dark Souls 2 a bunch.

It's kinda disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the other two games.

I think if I was using magic, it would feel more powerful. But going melee only yields few rewards in this game.

I just found out that I accidentally joined a covenant that ramps up the difficulty of the game and that's why the game was so disappointing for me.

Well shit. At least now I know I'm still hardcore as fuck enough to play through extra hard Dark Souls.

A small consolation.

Ikaruga and Jamestown.

2 really good shmups. I already went trough Jamestown a couple times, but there's still some challenges to do and harder difficulties.

Ikaruga has a pretty unique game style with the polarity changing that I need to get more comfortable with.

That is one humble brag there, Longo.

But honestly good on you. I've been talking to a coworker about DS2 and it sound just insane. There's a reason I'm scared of them.

Well, I am a very humble man. Still, it's not my fault that I was blessed with awe-inspiring hardcore talent.

Longo_2_guns said:
I just found out that I accidentally joined a covenant that ramps up the difficulty of the game and that's why the game was so disappointing for me.

Well shit. At least now I know I'm still hardcore as fuck enough to play through extra hard Dark Souls.

A small consolation.

So what you're saying is it's an awesome game to you now?

I wouldn't quite call it awesome, but it's still good. It's gone from a 3.5 to a 4 in my book, and it may just keep going up.

If you haven't played Demon's or Dark Souls 1, I would still recommend playing those before moving on to this one. Like, the big problems with this game is that a lot of stuff doesn't unlock until NG+. Like, the best weapons and spells are all at the endgame, there are no 100% physical damage blocking shields until much later (as opposed to starting with them in the other two games), fewer poison cure items and more poison, and there is less invincibility with rolls.

It's still a great game, but still the weakest. Though considering its competition, there's no wonder why.

Man I'm having a ridiculously tough time with the final Banner Saga set piece. I can now see all the mistakes I made up to this point and I might be best off restarting from the beginning. :(

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. I stayed away from the original due to the fact that it had real money auction houses and shit loot but with the 2.0 patch the game is actually pretty fun (even if it's a bit easy).

cyberjim2000 said:
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. I stayed away from the original due to the fact that it had real money auction houses and shit loot but with the 2.0 patch the game is actually pretty fun (even if it's a bit easy).

Diablo III wasn't very good in the past, but it's apparently really awesome now with the 2.0 patch and the Reaper of Souls expansion pack. I might get back into it...

I'm finishing off Skyrim DLC achievements and FFX whilst I wait for Trials Fusion on the 16th. Seriously fucking excited for that game.

MattAY said:
I'm finishing off Skyrim DLC achievements and FFX whilst I wait for Trials Fusion on the 16th. Seriously fucking excited for that game.
I excited for it too, but I'm hoping it's worth the price.

Reaper of Souls and Super Mario 3D World with the wifey.

Waiting eagerly for Mario Kart Wii U... soooo pumped

cyberjim2000 said:

so you're speed farming Torment 6? it's a loot grind. loot grinds never really have anything to do with actual player skill difficulty.

Knowing how to gear/play your build etc. is about it. Knowing how best to efficently farm with your current setup helps too. Otherwise just pray to the RNG gods.

I've been playing RoS too...but it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know how to level to 70 in like 3 hours....still hanging out at 50 after beating Act V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod