What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
used44 said:
I WAS TRYING TO CHANGE THE TOPIC.

Just to piss off used44 :p - I failed to play MGSV: GZ last night because I was working on the next comic of GR Strips. However, I remembered that the "Cold, Cold Heart" DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins came out yesterday, so I downloaded it while working and I'm gonna give it a roll today after work.

I'm looking forward to it but at the same time I'm kind of dreading it. Despite being excited for particular storyline DLCs, most of the time I find myself disappointed by the end result (with the exception of the DLC packs of the Mass Effect series). I was very disappointed by the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC for Batman: Arkham City, but here's hoping Cold, Cold Heart will be cool.

Pun was totally intended.

Mercenary Kings and Borderlands 2 for now. Looking forward to MLB 14 and Wolfenstein next month.

Started playing the "Cold, Cold Heart" storyline DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins.

I am pleasantly surprised! So far I'm enjoying it. In all honesty it doesn't really add anything new to the game. Without spoiling anything, the new items/equipment are honestly just reskins of old items that enable you to "unlock" certain things.

Still, as a story and as an extension to the game itself? I'm enjoying it. I'm going to assume I'm about half way through, maybe... it's hard to say, but what I will say is I'm enjoying it a lot more than Harley Quinn's Revenge for Batman: Arkham City.

One thing that bothers me is the game still occasionally chugs and has some frame rate issues. I'm surprised this issue hasn't been fixed yet. I am playing it for PS3, so it might be different for X-Box 360 or PC.

Finished the Cold, Cold Heart storyline DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins. Overall it was alright, to be honest it was a lot better than Harley Quinn's Revenge back on Batman: Arkham City. My thoughts are below tagged in spoilers.

SPOILERS:

The storyline was alright and while the origins of Mr. Freeze were kinda told in a lazy fashion, it was still entertaining. All of Batman's skills and abilities are unlocked as soon as you get the bat suit, so you don't need to worry about leveling up or anything like that.

When Batman acquires the "EX Environment Suit" (as seen in the trailers) it really doesn't add anything new to the game. Sure, it looks like a sort of Batman/Iron Man suit, but it doesn't add anything new. The Shock Gloves now become Thermal Gloves, the Batarangs become Thermal Batarangs etc. Nothing new. Having this suit at least lets you bypass areas blocked off by ice or extreme cold, so I guess that's something at least.

The final fight with Mr. Freeze is very similar to that of the fight in Batman: Arkham City, albeit Freeze has got some goons with him so it's a little tricky. Just like Arkham City, you can't attack Freeze head on and you'll have to resort to stealth take down tactics.

Once you finish Cold, Cold Heart, you'll be able to free roam what little area of Gotham they give you. In Cold, Cold Heart, over half the map is blocked off to you, limiting you to only two zones. Still, once complete you can go looking for a few things to unlock... Anarky gang signs to scan, frozen police officers to unfreeze, Anarky gangs to stop etc. Completing these side missions offers a new skill each, so I suppose I shouldn't have said before "there's no new skills". Problem is, by the time you tackle and finish these side quests, you'll have probably finished the DLC by then, rendering these skills almost useless.

I was disappointed that the DLC doesn't give any new trophies. I was hoping to check out some 3D model trophies of Batman in his EX environment suit as well as Mr. Freeze himself.

END SPOILERS:

I dunno how much this DLC costs because I bought a Season Pass when I first got Batman: Arkham Origins. If I didn't have the Season Pass, I probably still would have bought it. It was an okay DLC to play but really if you haven't finished Arkham Origins yet (e.g. you've stopped playing) or you weren't fond of Arkham Origins, then I can't really recommend it to you. If you've finished Arkham Origins and you enjoyed the game, I suggest you go check out Cold, Cold Heart.

Started playing Uncharted 3. So far so good. Not as enjoyable as 2 quite yet but still better than 1. Feels a little more challenging.

I really liked Uncharted 3. It certainly looks the best in terms of visuals and presentation. To me it's a very tough call between Uncharted 2 and 3, I can't decide which is better.

So I caved in and got Dark Souls II on PC from Steam because it was the cheapest around. I'm really enjoying it and yeah, I've died once so far. I made a warrior.

One of my favourite things about Dark Souls II is how the game has little narrative and has a heavy focus on exploring the unknown, taking risks and being rewarded (or punished for it) and that "overcome all odds" feeling. It reminds me of old, difficult Nintendo games. :p

Never played Demon's Souls because it didn't come out in Australia until after the release of Dark Souls.

I played Dark Souls on PC. Never finished it but I got pretty far... completely forgot where I was up to though.

The mechanics in their Uncharted 3 were pretty much the same as Uncharted 2. The only reason Uncharted 3 was still good was its story. I prefer 2 over 3.

Wolverine Origins. The graphics are not so great. The gameplay and camera are not so great too. But it is so much fun to watch Wolverine lop dudes appendages off.

Guilty pleasure.

I installed Red Orchestra 2 single player because it was free on Steam on... Thursday? Anyway, I'm always down for a "realistic" WWII shooter, but I had to uninstall it after the tutorial because

1. My laptop can barely run it. Playing on the lowest setting was impossible because the decimated draw distance made shooting impossible.

2. I suck at keyboard and mouse with FPS.

Anyway, it's too bad because I really liked the cover system and the HUD-free look. At least I'll always own it for when I eventually upgrade PCs.

The Walking Dead Season 1 is an amazing narrative experience. I can't wait for all of Season 2 to be released.

It's so easy to get emotionally invested in it and the decisions you have to make are some of the best parts of it. Living with the choices you take and having the people within the story remember them to this extent is simply amazing.
Stayed up through the night playing it, been a while since a game could to that to me.

Finished episode 3 and I can't wait for Season 2 to finish as well. Telltale Games is just amazing.

Going through Child of Light at the moment. Getting sick of the rhyming as Daniel said it would! It's probably one of the rare occasions in an RPG where I don't give a crap about the story. Love the gameplay though.

The Walking Dead Season 1, Episode 4

The choices one has to make... I know it'll make future choices that much harder but I just think in the now and face the devil at the crossroads.

Rome: Total War, Seleucid Empire

Moving on Numidia and taking the rest of the Arabian shoreline and maintaining a foothold on Brutii (Roman) land, they got massive roving armies and it's all I can do to keep the lone city I have there. Don't think I can move north to the Thracian Capital with their massive garrison and reinforcing stack but the west holds the Brutii and their armies. Either way I face heavy opposition but sending Cataphracts and Silver Shield Pikeman to reinforce the front, and they are as godly as it gets for Seleucid, minus the God-Tier Armored Elephants, the medieval melee tanks of our age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle