What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not played the original. I was waiting for a GOTY edition, and then waiting for that to drop price. The vita version is now throwing off my plan.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Embarassing admission. I just started my first playthrough of Silent Hill...ever! Never played a single game in the series.

Unfortunately the orignal doesn't hold up too well with age. If you play the first Resident Evil game on PS1 and then Silent Hill you'll get a better appreciation for it. Hope you enjoy your stay at Twin Peaks, I mean Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 2, now that's the best one. Part 3 made me insanely paranoid and then the rest kinda sucked.

So far, I am loving the voice acting. Top notch...really...

Seriously though. Really good ambience. I miss the camera angles that PS1 games had. Made them seem more like interactive movies.

Bretimus_v2 said:
So far, I am loving the voice acting. Top notch...really...

haha yeah that's what I mean by it doesn't hold up with age. If you played the first RE beforehand you'd not only be the master of unlocking, you'd also escape being a Jill sandwich. LOL

The original Silent Hill is a classic. PROTIP: If you don't want to get the ending that tells you you suck at life, make sure you pick up the plastic bottle and the spilled red liquid in the hospital when you first go there. It's pretty easy to overlook.

I like Mitsuru better too....

Currently playing Fez for tomorrow's embargo and now that ME3 is in the bag all my attention is turning to P3P on my vita. I've been on an RPG kick lately.

Going on the suggestion of you GR people playing that silly strong stance witcher game. I couldn't stop laughing at the guys sword stances. :eek: overall I love the theme tho.

Sea-Change said:
The original Silent Hill is a classic. PROTIP: If you don't want to get the ending that tells you you suck at life, make sure you pick up the plastic bottle and the spilled red liquid in the hospital when you first go there. It's pretty easy to overlook.

Yup, it's a game that wants you to get the worst ending first and work your way up. I like when games do that. Not only do you need to get the red liquid but use it during a boss battle against an unlikely opponent.

I remember getting the worst ending on my first play through and just sitting there shocked during the credits thinking "WTF did I just play?" The choices you make to get a better ending help explain the story a bit better, but it's still just as confusing as trying to figure out who killed Laura Palmer.

Harry Mason... don't eat... the clues.. look... suit burn's better. Burns... suit...

"Hey Chief, I was thinking we should go check out that suit Burns was wearing when he got shot."
"Did you have the same backwards talking dream with the flaming cards?"
"... I'll drive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo