What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
danielrbischoff said:
PLATINUM GAMES BABY!!!

Yeah, guilty as charged. :?
Been meaning to pick up Madworld since it came out, but for years I've been sidetracked by the more mainstream (and time consuming) titles. I honestly picked up Bayonetta because I'm a huge fan of Hideki Kamiya's work.

MadWorld has one of the best soundtracks, and the commentary that happens while you play makes the game amazing. It's just too short/shallow to be a showstopper.

NecroWolf said:
Also, intoTheRain, I hate you, I want into the D3 beta. =(

Honestly it just makes the wait even more painful. I want to be level 14 so bad!

There is probably 15 hours of gameplay if you level all 5 classes to 13, which is my plan.

But its still just a tease.

So far have done Barbarian and Monk.

The Blizzard forums are full of QQers who think the game is nothing like Diablo 2. Well not the case. The majority never even played Diablo 2 obviously from the stuff they say.

I have almost zero complaints on the game. Its amazing, and i cannot wait for the full game.

I've never put more time into a game than I did Diablo 2. Even WoW and both Starcrafts pale in comparison to my D2 addiction. And D3 is exactly what I want it to be.

Is there fatalities in the game like the ones they showed in the gameplay trailer they showed a while back? Like the Barbarian got his head bitten off and shit.

danielrbischoff said:
They can't coexist in Dead Space 2 apparently. I was genuinely scared multiple times in Dead Space (the first). Not so in Dead Space 2.

Yeah I think Dead Space was much scarier than the sequel was but both are still fun games to play if you want to hack/shoot things to pieces

Dead Space 2 was more actiony and such. Unless you play on the hardest difficulty you'll never be low on ammo or anything, and much of the scary aspects of games comes from a feeling of helplessness. The few real scares in Dead Space 2 outside of a few small scenes are jump/cat scares. To be fair, DS1 was like this in a lot of parts as well, but it's even less so in DS2.

Horror games should cut back on scripted fight areas, I think. Unpredictability is key to horror.

Longo_2_guns said:
Dead Space 2 was more actiony and such. Unless you play on the hardest difficulty you'll never be low on ammo or anything, and much of the scary aspects of games comes from a feeling of helplessness. The few real scares in Dead Space 2 outside of a few small scenes are jump/cat scares. To be fair, DS1 was like this in a lot of parts as well, but it's even less so in DS2.

Horror games should cut back on scripted fight areas, I think. Unpredictability is key to horror.

The more unpredictable a developer tries to make the game, the more predictable it becomes.

e.g. Monster Closets.

Nah I agree with the Longman there. I remember playing through the game, the first especially, and any little rattle or creak made me more vigilant and on edge, and basically made me go, "Oh God. Oh God. OH GOD!"

Longo_2_guns said:

Right on the money there.

Well, since I've parted with my console, I'm back to only having my computer. So I've been messing with a PSX emu, working on finishing FF8. Also killing an abundance of time with Medieval: Total War. Getting ready to march the English into Spain, considering we already dominate the west coast of Europe and have reduced both the Swedes and the French to single territories surrounded by massive armies.

BTW, anyone care to shoot a recommendation for a PC game? I've only got limited capability though, with 128MB Intel video chipset (No hardware acceleration or any other fancy features) and 512MB of RAM.

Sins of a Solar Empire. Just play it on low.

As for me, I've been playing Tribes: Ascend. I suck at it, but it's so much fun.

The demo on XBLA was short and boring. But I didn't have anyone to play co-op with, so I would imagine that makes things better.

I would love to see an arcade re-release make you pay a quarter for the demo and then you get to play as long as you can stay alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master