What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I feel like feces.

For some reason, my step brother finally decided to get a Steam account and he bought Counter-Strike: Global Offensive so we could play something together. He goes through the training course just fine and then we start playing a match. It's here I start to realize this is all a huge mistake.

It was my first game back after quite a while (first time playing with my new mouse) and I am playing like a complete noob. Well, maybe not a complete noob, because that's how my step brother was playing. He manages to get a single kill the whole match. He's been solely a console gamer up until this point, and it must've been like going from 0 to 100 in an instant for him. Meanwhile, I'm also having an extraordinarily difficult time controlling my aim. I've never been able to find the right sensitivity for this game, and I probably never will. Still, I managed to not go too negative. I convinced him to try playing offline against bots, because that's where I've gotten most of my enjoyment out of the game and I don't want him to feel like he just wasted his money.

Long story short, PC gaming is hard and I have a newfound respect for people who can do it competitively, because my step brother and I most definitely can't.

Hey, De-Ting. I know playing games like that can be hard sometimes, especially if you feel like both you and your brother aren't very good at it, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a hell of a game to jump into together, but... just keep playing.

Keep playing with him and you'll both get better at the game. I know you probably don't (and I hope you don't), but try not to take the game too seriously and just focus on having a good time with your brother. Talk shit about your enemy team, talk about stuff in general, make jokes, have a good laugh and a good time. If you guys have a mic and can voice chat with one another, that's even better.

My brother and I sometimes play online games together. We sometimes play Titanfall 2 together and we also played some Battlefront together. We had a great time, despite the serious arse kickings we'd often receive. One thing that's important is to try and not blame one another for losses or/and for support... just roll with it and have fun. :)

MattAY said:
Im so torn with RE7, I'm want to play it now, but part of me wants to wait until I get VR. Then some people are saying it just falls short! I'm going to wait and see how it all unfolds. I'm in the mood for a horror game like this, and I've always been a fan of RE. I didn't even mind 6, and 5 was great in my eyes.

I'm playing without VR. I'm enjoying it, but I honestly believe that it would be scarier if it was played through VR. It certainly feels like the game was meant for VR to begin with.

Still worth a look, though.

Master_Craig said:
... try not to take the game too seriously and just focus on having a good time with your brother. ... One thing that's important is to try and not blame one another for losses or/and for support... just roll with it and have fun. :)
We got past that a long time ago, when he started playing CoD. I haven't chewed anyone out for being bad in several years...beside myself, of course.

I was just disappointed because I could tell neither of us were really having fun, and we really wanted to.

I'm not very good at CS:GO either, Ting. It's all about getting used to your mouse settings, map memory, and fast decision making. The guys you're playing with probably played the game for long while now.

I suggest starting a game with only bots so that you guys could get used to CS:GO's mouse controls or your own.

That sounds rough!

As a strict console gamer, I know if I tried to play a PC shooter I would be pure dogshit. No fun. In fact I'm largely over all online shooters. I still have some really good matches and I'm even pretty good at a few of them, but I have a very quick trigger to quit the game after even just one match or round where I and my playmates (usually my brother also) didn't have fun.

Play some Diablo together or somethin'

Ha, don't get me started on Diablo III.

Everyone plays it on PS4 except for me. So when my other two brothers finally cave and buy it on PC, they play with me for a little bit but ultimately get bored of having to start from scratch and not having all of their super-powerful gear from the PS4 version. We'll probably play through each new season together, though, since that's one thing that still hasn't made it to consoles.

De-Ting said:
Ha, don't get me started on Diablo III.

Everyone plays it on PS4 except for me. So when my other two brothers finally cave and buy it on PC, they play with me for a little bit but ultimately get bored of having to start from scratch and not having all of their super-powerful gear from the PS4 version. We'll probably play through each new season together, though, since that's one thing that still hasn't made it to consoles.

That doesn't make much sense though. Wait a few days after a season starts, join a powerleveling group, get to 70 in 15 minutes and with the gear you get you're pretty much ready to start grinding at at least T1.

You can have your full haedrig's cache in like 2 hours and that's good for at least T6.

I've been playing the For Honor beta, and I gotta admit, it's pretty damn fun. I'm not gonna buy it, but maybe it'll be worth it when it goes on sale.

And De-Ting, try doing stuff like deathmatch or arms race to get used to the game. Stuff where it's expected to die a bunch, winning isn't a likelihood, and just goof around.

Or, alternatively, play TF2. It's free and easy, even if it's outdated, and would work well as a good intro to how to do PC gaming. Then you can go back into CS:GO when he's got more practice with it.

CS:GO is a tough as nails game for everyone, so going right into that can be very discouraging.

Or just waste your time on Overwatchas I still am months down the road.

I've been making my way through Fallout again and really destroying the main quest.
Playing War of Mine and Flame in the Flood. Both cool survival/resource management games. I think Flame is pretty well built and the challenge builds perfectly.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Or just waste your time on Overwatchas I still am months down the road.
This is also a good plan.
I've probably played Overwatch far more than I should.

And whoops, I'm playing the Witcher 3 again.

Still playing Diablo III. Managed to get my older brother through the season. The new update that's coming makes some much needed improvements and I can't wait for the Necromancer to drop.

Also playing Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires again because dammit it's my favorite in the franchise. There's so much replayability. Need to find 7 Empires on sale somewhere to see if it's any good.

Metal Gear Solid 5

Every time I play a Metal Gear Solid game, I fall in love with the franchise all over again. And 5 is by far the most fun.

I finally busted through the great Battlefield 1 campaign. There were a lot of fun set-pieces and some great open-world-ish moments that reminded me of Far Cry or something; scouting and infiltrating enemy outposts.

Tonight I started Never Alone and it's neat so far.

Well, I abandoned my ghost run in Dishonored when I realized that I forgot that I couldn't kill anyone for the Clean Hands trophy and had killed the occasional person. Managed to finish and get the Mostly Flesh and Steel trophy, so I didn't use any powers except the starting Blink ability. Sadly, I was hoping for the high chaos ending, but still managed low chaos, so I've reloaded a few levels back, grabbed some powers and I'm killing every single soldier I come across. Feels somewhat liberating after mostly stealthing my way through the game before.

I'll have to do an actual ghost/no-kill run afterwards, but I must admit I'm having a lot of fun going the bang-bang/stabby-stabby/kaboom route.

Longo_2_guns said:
Metal Gear Solid 5

Every time I play a Metal Gear Solid game, I fall in love with the franchise all over again. And 5 is by far the most fun.

I really need to get back to MGS5. I haven't played it in over a year now, I think. It really was one of the most fun MGS games, yet also the most disappointing.

Still playing Resident Evil VII: Biohazard. There's one part which I'm stuck on... I'll spoiler tag it below so uh, sorry mobile users!

Spoiler:

I'm up to the second boss encounter with Jack Baker, when you're trying to secure the final dog head emblem. Basically, you fight Jack in a small area where body bags hang from the ceiling. Jack chases you around with an axe, but you can kick the body bags into him to stun him. Attacking him back is pointless, because eventually through time alone, he'll get pissed off, rip a gate down and pull out this massive pair of like... chainsaw scissor things. This gives you the opportunity to get your own chainsaw and fight back. But the fight takes ages and when ever I seem close to winning, I always get killed. Not even the Soulsborne series has frustrated me this much.

End spoiler.

^ Haha, I got killed a few times in that moment.

Just had to get the hang of the whole stun then thrust tactic.

Playing Nioh, which has succeeded in reminding me of Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden, insofar as I have an angry pit of rage brewing at a couple of missions. Thank goodness for bombs in this game so I could cheese things out, and damn you developers for not making critical attacks give invincibility.

I am so damned salty at certain encounters; It is fantastic and I love most every moment of conquering this mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod