What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit tight on money at the moment (one bill after the other) and I really wanted to get Nioh... so I ended up trading in some old PS4 games that I never play anymore, used those to essentially pay for Nioh. Ended up getting about $20 in store credit due to the games I bought in, so I threw that $20 of credit toward my Switch pre-order (I pre-ordered that before I got slammed with all these left to right bills).

Really enjoying it. It's a complete Dark Souls rip off, with a bit of a Ninja Theory arcade twist to it. I like the mission structure and while the game doesn't offer that many weapon times, I like the variety of weapons in use of the combat stances.

Difficulty wise... it's quite challenging, but at this stage I don't think it's as hard as Dark Souls. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and maybe, the next region of the game will have a spike in difficulty? I dunno. Some bosses I'm managing to defeat on my first try, some take maybe two or three tries. I find this game's combat system to be easier than Dark Souls... the dodge mechanic is a lot faster and seems more responsive.

I'm not really using any of the ninjutsu or magic skills... at the moment, I'm using light armor and focusing on spears and dual swords.

If you're a fan of Dark Souls and you happen to like Japanese stuff (e.g. samurai, Japanese mythology etc.) then I highly recommend this game.

If I had more time for video gaming I would totally pick up Nioh. I loved the initial Beta they released and ALMOST beat the boss of it, but ran out of time and the Beta expired as I was gearing up for a rematch. I'll get it someday, along with Gravity Rush 2 and a number of other upcoming games.

Nioh's pretty awesome. I haven't played for a little while.

Way too many games coming out that I want to get, but time and money are huge factors.

For Honor, Horizon Dawn Zero, the Nintendo Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mass Effect: Andromeda...

I just started The Witcher III (well, I'm already about 25 hours into it) so I don't think I'll be completing many other games for awhile.

Other than that, I'm slowly playing thru The Division with my brother and playing a little bit of Fire Emblem Heroes occasionally.

Watchdogs 2 and my mate lent me Infamous: Second Son.

I'm just kinda playing here and there. Not really into either of these games to be honest!

Working my way through Uncharted. Finally got to three and four. I forget how much I like these games even though the majority of them is a bit formulaic and repetitive. The pacing and story are good though. [/quote]

I'm thinking about trading in Resident Evil VII and Nioh next week and getting some store credit to reduce the cost on my Nintendo Switch pre-order and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild copy.

Well, now I've completed Dishonored with both high and low chaos endings. I still need to do a ghost/no-kill run, but I'm tempted to put it aside for the moment and play something else for a while.

Ended up trading in Resident Evil VII. Got like nearly $50 of store credit which I put towards paying off my Nintendo Switch.

I'm still playing Nioh. I'm just about level eighty now. I find the game is either too easy, or frustratingly hard. There's no real in between.

I'm leveling up my magic and now I can use the Talisman of the Sloth six times. It's pretty OP... it dramatically slows down enemies, so it's absolutely perfect to use on bosses.

I started up Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Daughter this weekend. Needed a change of pace from Dishonored. Got through the first case yesterday which was pretty easy overall, though it felt like there was a lot of busywork in some minigames that really stretched out too long (and if you fail, it just restarts you to just before you failed). Makes it seem like they are there just to pad the game length rather than any element of fun. Overall, though, I am enjoying it and I just started the second case before turning it off last night. Hope the cases get a bit more difficult to determine guilt.

Rome Total War II. A lot of people made a stink over the game when it was released, but I think it is pretty solid. Naval battles are complete shit, though, but that isn't really the fault of the developers. Naval battles of the time were pretty shit compared to the awesome naval battles that occurred later in history as technology advanced.

The ground combat could be better but it is a solid baseline that mods do improve.

Finished the second case of Sherlock Holmes last night. I felt there was less filler to this case and the culprit was actually hard to determine. Out of three possibilities I easily eliminated one but really had to struggle between the final two, but I did manage to accuse the correct person, but it took me quite a while to actually make my decision. That almost never happened in the previous SH game.

If the cases keep being like this one, I'm going to be very pleased with the game.

FrozenBacon said:
Rome Total War II. A lot of people made a stink over the game when it was released, but I think it is pretty solid. Naval battles are complete shit, though, but that isn't really the fault of the developers. Naval battles of the time were pretty shit compared to the awesome naval battles that occurred later in history as technology advanced.

The ground combat could be better but it is a solid baseline that mods do improve.

Along those lines, I've been playing a bunch of Total War: Warhammer lately too. I don't go through the battles as they just take too much time for me, but even with just auto resolving, the campaign has been quite enjoyable.

^Yea, at the start of the campaign I typically fight all battles, but once I start to expand I autoresolve more often than not because there are too many battles to fight. I do fight if the auto-resolve is showing a loss when the armies are relatively even, though. You can almost always win those battles if you fight manually.

My favorite tactic is to just destroy a faction completely while leading their main forces away from the cities. This way those forces just die of attrition and the fighting is kept to a minimum. Works very well for annoying naval units that do nothing but try to fuck your shit up when you are trying to move troops across a sea.

The Nintendo Switch is out today, so I'll be playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild this weekend.

A shame, it means I have to put down Horizon Zero Dawn, which so far is a really good game. I'm digging it.

Playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch. I'm absolutely loving it. I'll post my thoughts behind the device itself on the Switcheroo thread.

So far, Breath of the Wild is the best Zelda game I've ever played. The land is huge, so much to explore, it doesn't feel empty like some other sandbox games created by Nintendo (looking at you, No More Heroes) and everything about it just feels so new and fresh. It's also fairly challenging, certainly the hardest Zelda game I've ever played.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4, Torment: Tides of Numenera on PC. Playing The Legend of Dragoon on my PSP and Dragon Quest VII and Story of Seasons on 3DS. There's a few more, but those are the ones I'm really into.

I'll be getting surgery tomorrow so I will have an entire month at home to catch up on games. First time I've had that much time in years. I'm going to be buying an upscaler box for my older consoles so I can catch up on my retro backlog as well.

I will probably get a Switch during the holidays when the bundles are on sale. I don't want a third repeat of the Wii. Buy the console fairly new, play all the launch titles in less than a month, have it collect dust for 6-12 months until the next wave of games comes out, then only to realize everyone's starting to abandon it.

Not saying the Switch will be abandoned, but after two consoles from Nintendo that did this, I can't be blamed for being extremely cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod