What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your surgery, Ivory_Soul. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'm swapping between Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my Nintendo Switch. My brother likes and wants to play Zelda too, so since I can't hog it, I'll play Horizon when he wants to play Zelda.

It's difficult to transition from those games. Been playing so much Zelda, that I keep trying to get Aloy to jump at rocks to climb everything... and then I'll press R2 to get her bow out and it's uh, a heavy melee attack, not bow. Oops.

Going to be picking up Nier on PC on Friday and I just bought Planet Coaster. Hands down the easiest sandbox park simulator ever created. I HATE creating stuff in games and I'm always lazy with it, but I found myself digging deeper and deeper into the game and it's quite addictive.

I'm also playing PS1 games on my PSPGo quite a bit and dabbling in Forza 6.

Jonathan_Leack said:
Finally ordered a copy of The Last Guardian. What should I expect?

A little frustration as the game doesn't really give any clues on to solving puzzles. Trying to guide Trico around can get a little tiresome in the beginning as the game feels like it has a steep learning curve. Eventually, you will get the hang of it.

Basically don't give up right away. The visuals are amazing (especially if you have a 4K TV with HDR it's damn beautiful) and the controls are still stiff like SotC.

I honestly have been lost in social VR games lately. If my VRMMORPG is alpha testing I play that but most nights I am in Altspace.

Altspace is holding a live digital rave tonight called Echospace. Anyone can go and you don't have to have VR.

Echo Space: The Breaks of March with Haute Mess
https://account.altvr.com/events/628470592621773148

Vive, Oculus, GearVR, Google Daydream, and 2D phone or computer supported.

Started playing Super Meat Boy.

Pretty good so far.
Does it surprise anyone that I would like this game? No idea why it took me so long to play.

^ I gave up. Got too hard for me. Was soon to rip my hair out!
But it was fun when it lasted.
Music is great too.

Playing a blind playthrough of Korosu World on a Super Famicon via Super Everdrive v2. Blind playthrough means I don't know what's going to happen. I'll be making progress as I go.

Korosu World is a rom hack of Super Mario World. Since I'm pretty good at Mario Maker, I wanted to explore SMW difficult romhacks like Dram World and Korosu World. There are called "kaizo". Kaizo means placement of items/modifying a game. If you hear/read kaizo affiliated with Super Mario, it's likely going to be difficult. Here's a clip of me making progress in the second level called "Barbarian's Arcade (course named after BarbarousKing)

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialPrett ... HumbleLife

Aside from Zelda I'm playing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. The platforming is average to good, but the soundtrack is unbelievable and makes the whole game better.

Especially on nice headphones or speakers it's really something else.

De-Ting said:
UghRochester said:
https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialPrettiestSharkHumbleLife
That was classic.
There are hidden blocks throughout the level. One of them was above that volcano lotus which is why I when straight up and then to the right. I'm still not quite used to Super Mario World physics. One major difference Mario goes faster than in Super Mario Maker.

Nier: Automata, Titanfall 2 and a few others on PC. Still cracking away at PS1 games on PSP. I just bought an upscaler box for my 4K TV so will be able to play my retro consoles again.

Still playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch. I'm approaching the end of the game. I can't decide if I wanna sprint toward the finish line, or take my time and continue to explore areas I've yet to visit.

I've still got Horizon Zero Dawn to play, and I was wanting to get Mass Effect: Andromeda tomorrow... but all this negative reception is making me reconsider my decision.

Still playing Horizon, I just bought a GTX 1070 Founder's Edition card and it came with Wildlands so I'm starting that. So far so good, the shooting it tight and fun, and the open world is a very strange addition to Ghost Recon which was king of linear level design.

I also recently picked up a bunch of Xbox 1 and PS2 games so I'm trying all those out to see which I'm going to stick with first.

I forgot to mention that I had a chance to play Batman VR this weekend. I found it to have a pretty good impact overall and really messed with my senses. There's a section where you are going down in an elevator and for the life of me I would have sworn I was actually moving down.

The gameplay was rather simplistic and the game as a whole is short, though there are some Riddler puzzles that unlock after you finish the game. Still, I found the story to be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod