What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Battlefield 1 is pretty great as long as I can get it to launch....seems like I have to delete the settings every time.

Skyrim Special Edition. I never played the DLCs and I am just about done with all of the game but the dragon born dlc content.

Final Fantasy XV for PS4.

I've put in about twenty hours into the game and I have no idea where I'm up to in terms of length. I am up to chapter five and almost level thirty. The story can get a little confusing sometimes, e.g. "Why are we doing this?" but I'm really enjoying the game regardless.

Got back from Walmart today. My girlfriend heard The Last Guardian was releasing today so she just had to buy a PS4. I talked her into paying the $100 more for a PS4 pro. Thinking of getting a psvr for exclusives.

We are recording The Last Guardian while I post this.

I'm still playing Final Fantasy XV. I'm up to chapter eight and I've probably put in about thirty five hours of game play.

Minor Spoiler (text in white, sorry mobile users): I've learned that there are fifteen chapters in the game. Apparently chapter thirteen onward is kinda shit, which is disappointing to hear. End spoiler.

I'm really enjoying the exploration aspect of it, and I'm also enjoying some of the side quests, particularly the hunting. Some parts of the story are a bit confusing and even unnecessary.

StudioTan said:
I'm on a bit of a retro kick: Assault Suit Leynos and Red Faction.

Nice. ;)

I tried to hook up my Game Cube a while ago but unfortunately something is wrong with the disc reader. I need to clean it or something.

STILL working on those last trophies for Arkham Knight. I made some progress last night when after playing that damn Iceberg Lounge combat arena where you need to get 1,050,000 points for two plus hours and getting nowhere (my best score is around 750,000), I switched over to the Endless Knight predator map and after just five or six attempts managed to get the 50 takedowns I needed for that trophy.

So that leaves me with the Iceberg Lounge insanity, a few Batmobile race trophies which are easy to get, and one trophy I missed from the Batgirl DLC and I will have 100%. Then I can delete the damn game and get back my 72 GB of space!

That's awesome. I love to 100% the story stuff in the Arkham games but I just really don't like the Challenge Rooms so I've never done that

It's one of the few games that makes trophy hunting interactive. Assassin just hides stuff all over. At least in Arkham they add clues and riddles.

Master_Craig said:
I tried to hook up my Game Cube a while ago but unfortunately something is wrong with the disc reader. I need to clean it or something.

I may pick up a Game Cube some day if I ever find one for a reasonable price, I've always heard it has a great library. I've always wanted to play all the Metroid games I missed. What games were you planning to play?

There's a few games I wanted to play again... not entirely, but just to have a muck around.

Spider-Man 2. Despite being a movie licensed game, it's probably the best movie licensed game ever made and certainly the best Spider-Man game ever made. Combat is really fun, filled with a stupid amount of moves you probably won't fully use, the web swinging mechanics are awesome and the game gives you a fully sized island of Manhattan, New York to play in. The game takes around twenty hours to finish, very reasonable if you ask me.

StarFox: Adventures. It's a complete Zelda rip off, but for its time it was fun, looked amazing and had a great soundtrack, despite the terrible writing and voice acting. This is another game I wanted to check out.

I also wouldn't mind playing the original Metroid: Prime. That was awesome for its time too... and maybe Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Oh, I loved Spiderman 2! I had the Xbox version. Well, I still have it in a box somewhere. Its art style and game engine remind me of DCUO. It's interesting to to see how similar modern games are to the PS2/Xbox/Game Cube days, especially since the leap from the preceding generation was so giant.

I played all of ten minutes of Metroid Prime on a friend's console. Even as a big fan of the side scrollers, I loved every bit of what I saw; just wish I were able to play more.I really want to play the two Metroid games for the GBA; always wanted that handheld.

Oh! I just picked up Warband: Mount and Blade!

Ultimate Spider-man on GameCube was the best Spidey game.

I just started Watch_Dogs 2 and it's great. I went to SF in April so it's really cool to see a game recreate the city so awesomely.

I got a bunch of new games for Christmas. My partner bought me The Last Guardian while my brother and his partner bought me the Bioshock Remastered Collection. I also have the fifth and final episode of Telltale's Batman to get through.

I think I'm finally done with Final Fantasy XV. I've had the game for almost a month, put about eighty hours into it, characters are nearly level eighty, finished the main story and finished a lot of post game content. I'm honestly not too happy with the secret dungeons available so... I think I'll put this one down.

I decided to start with the first Bioshock. While I've heard things about the game's story, I've never actually played any of the Bioshock games at all.

The game does feel a little dated, but I love the setting, the powers and it runs very well on the PS4, so I'm really enjoying it so far. Big Daddies are so Goddamn hard.

Ah i wish i could go back to my first bioshock experience. Im sure youll love it the more you play it!

Im getting near the end of FF15 now. For some reason its now ridiculously linear. Chapter 9 was incredible to play, but onwards from that its very full on story, which i do like but mix in a bit of open play as well and itd be perfect.

I also booted up watchdogs 2 and its great. Only thing i miss are some of the cool little missions like hacking into peoples personal rooms and the qr code type missions from the first game. But im early doors still so hopefully more will open up.

MattAY said:
Im getting near the end of FF15 now. For some reason its now ridiculously linear. Chapter 9 was incredible to play, but onwards from that its very full on story, which i do like but mix in a bit of open play as well and itd be perfect.

I agree. This is one of the biggest complaints about Final Fantasy XV. After chapter nine, the game becomes incredibly linear, losing its open world in exchange for more direct game play. Honestly, it feels really rushed. Chapter thirteen (I dunno if you've played it yet or not) is horrible, too.

Master_Craig said:
MattAY said:

I agree. This is one of the biggest complaints about Final Fantasy XV. After chapter nine, the game becomes incredibly linear, losing its open world in exchange for more direct game play. Honestly, it feels really rushed. Chapter thirteen (I dunno if you've played it yet or not) is horrible, too.

Im on 13 now, it was annoying until you get the sword. But onwards from there i liked it as it reminded me of the older ff games in prison escape scenario sort of situations!
Its nice to have a chapter that last longer than 20 minutes too ;)

Bret Hart said:
Enjoyed Firewatch over the last few evenings

Loved Firewatch. Did you enjoy the ending?

I was never able to get into Bioshock, and I tried two or three times. I just ended up getting bored and moving on to another game. It had a great atmosphere and the gameplay was fine, so I really don't know what it was that just didn't click for me with it.

I'm stuck on that one last Batman Arkham Knight trophy to get 100% completion. I'm really close too, I've gotten my score over 800k out of the 1 million I need and I'm sure I will be able to manage it soon. Then I move on to Dishonored 2!

EDIT: Got a little over 970k last night. Soon this trophy will be mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod