What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caved in and bought Batman: Return to Arkham for PS4, starting with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I'm loving it. I haven't played Arkham Asylum since 2009. It still holds up quite well and the remastered visuals with the Unreal 4 engine actually feel "remastered" for the most part.

Strangely, I am encountering some frame rate drops at the strangest of places... fighting ten guys at once? Game runs fine. Walk around a corner? Oh shit, frame rate drop.

Seriously looking forward to playing Arkham City after this. City is probably my favourite of the Arkham series. To me, City did everything just right.

I'm really tempted by Return to Arkham as well, as I loved those games, but I just can't justify the purchase right now. Too many bills and crap and gotta save up for the holidays.

Ive rolled onto bioshock infinite. Really strange having the preorder bonuses in with the collection. I went in the bar where you first pick up the shield ability and there were 5 infusions and 16 gear ha! Was quite odd.

I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum last night on the PS4's Return to Arkham edition, now I'm playing Batman: Arkham City.

Arkham City is one of my favourite games ever. I'm very impressed with this remaster.

I've been trading off between Alien Isolation (happy October!) and Majora's Mask. No idea why, I just really wanted to play Majora's Mask again.

FinishedDeus Ex really liked it the ending is a bit flat. but
Damnit if the gameplay isn't just Magic for me. I love the to stuffand I love the combat. It's got a solid core to it and even the story is good if not loose in areas.

To sum up, Bret cant type on phones.

I also got the urge to play Majora's Mask...I dont fucking have it though.

Still messing around with the Batman Arkham Knight DLC. Really, I've just been trying to get all the trophies and I must say my combat skills have gotten so much better because of it. I managed to get the trophy for getting through all four rounds of the Monarch Theater with perfect freeflow as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman, which took quite a long time as something would always get screwed up. I'm almost done with the Crime Alley map where you have to get through all four rounds while taking no damage with Batman, Robin and Nightwing (which I have managed to do with Robin and Nightwing so far).

Honestly, some of the DLC characters feel a bit bugged, especially Nightwing. I can't say how many times I had to restart these challenges because I got hit even though I pressed the counter button, or my freeflow got screwed up because he decided to start punching air rather than the guy right behind him. Last night I performed a counter with him which had him jump off the guy and kick him, except the kick didn't connect and my freeflow was lost.

Still, overall I'm having fun challenging myself with these trophies and you feel like a total boss when you manage to take out a room of 20 mooks, 2 big guys with blades and shock gauntlets, along with medics, shields and weapons in a perfect freeflow attack.

COMaestro said:
Still messing around with the Batman Arkham Knight DLC. Really, I've just been trying to get all the trophies and I must say my combat skills have gotten so much better because of it. I managed to get the trophy for getting through all four rounds of the Monarch Theater with perfect freeflow as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman, which took quite a long time as something would always get screwed up. I'm almost done with the Crime Alley map where you have to get through all four rounds while taking no damage with Batman, Robin and Nightwing (which I have managed to do with Robin and Nightwing so far).

Honestly, some of the DLC characters feel a bit bugged, especially Nightwing. I can't say how many times I had to restart these challenges because I got hit even though I pressed the counter button, or my freeflow got screwed up because he decided to start punching air rather than the guy right behind him. Last night I performed a counter with him which had him jump off the guy and kick him, except the kick didn't connect and my freeflow was lost.

Still, overall I'm having fun challenging myself with these trophies and you feel like a total boss when you manage to take out a room of 20 mooks, 2 big guys with blades and shock gauntlets, along with medics, shields and weapons in a perfect freeflow attack.

Arkham Knight has the best combat system of the series. I very much love the "fear take down" mechanic. It's just a shame it's over shadowed by an average story and too much Batmobile.

I liked playing as the DLC characters. I never encountered the problem you mentioned when countering and stuff. Sometimes I found though that when I'd finish off my attack, I would try and attack another enemy but instead of darting over towards them, I would just stand still, punch the air and my free flow would break.

Master_Craig said:
Sometimes I found though that when I'd finish off my attack, I would try and attack another enemy but instead of darting over towards them, I would just stand still, punch the air and my free flow would break.

This happened SO much. There were even times when I'd hit Triangle+Circle for the instant takedown move and I would just give a little hop and not do anything, even though there was an enemy not too far away in that direction. Even more odd was that my freeflow didn't break during these times, but I would lose the "charge" and have to build it back up to do another special move. Again, seemed to happen primarily with DLC characters. It's nothing game breaking, but it's REALLY annoying when you are trying challenges that require perfect freeflow or taking no damage as the takedown moves make you invincible and give you a moment to breathe and assess your surroundings.

COMaestro said:
Master_Craig said:
Sometimes I found though that when I'd finish off my attack, I would try and attack another enemy but instead of darting over towards them, I would just stand still, punch the air and my free flow would break.

This happened SO much. There were even times when I'd hit Triangle+Circle for the instant takedown move and I would just give a little hop and not do anything, even though there was an enemy not too far away in that direction. Even more odd was that my freeflow didn't break during these times, but I would lose the "charge" and have to build it back up to do another special move. Again, seemed to happen primarily with DLC characters. It's nothing game breaking, but it's REALLY annoying when you are trying challenges that require perfect freeflow or taking no damage as the takedown moves make you invincible and give you a moment to breathe and assess your surroundings.

Yup, I found this super annoying too... especially because nine times out of ten, your chosen character is capable of unrealistically leaping across the environment to attack another enemy. Then sometimes... you'll just stand still and punch the air. Stupid air, take that, foul air!

I've experienced this problem occasionally when playing Batman: Arkham City as well as Arkham Asylum before it (Return to Arkham remaster). It gets bloody frustrating, that's for sure.

What I find interesting is how Arkham Knight removed one of the free flow skills from Arkham City... so in Arkham City, you can get a skill that allows you to essentially slow down time and have enhanced reflexes, if you score a multiplier of times twelve, don't break said multiplier and don't use any special moves (take downs) or gadgets. It is a bit over powered, which is probably why Arkham Knight removed it, but damn it's fun to use.

This weekend, I've got three games to choose from to play.

I can try and finish off Rise of the Tomb Raider, as I'm sure I'm nearing the game's conclusion.

I've also downloaded Episode 3 "New World Order" of Batman: The Telltale Series. Finally, I've got the Ashes of Ariandrel DLC for Dark Souls III.

I caved in and got Skyrim: Special Edition for PS4.

I traded away a few games to get it. Since I don't play them anymore (let alone have them installed on my PS4), I got rid of Fallout 4, Ratchet and Clank, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Dishonored: Definitive Edition.

Skyrim cost $69 AUD and the value I got for my games was $75 AUD... so I didn't have to pay for Skyrim (with cash anyway) and I got $6 back. Hooray!

Ended up making a Redguard who specializes in heavy armor, two handed weaponry with a bit of archery. It's pretty fun, but I do get hit hard by some enemies. I'm only level eight so I guess that's why. I also became a werewolf recently, which I've never tried, which is what I love about Skyrim... it always feels like there is something new to do.

Unlocking the full Unrelenting Force shout though is boring as hell.

I've been telling people that if you have played Skyrim back in 2011 there's no need to play the special edition. Especially for PC gamers who have a fully modded game. Currently, an original modded Skyrim looks 10x better than vanilla special edition. I doubt I will ever play it despite getting it for free on PC.

I'm enjoying it! I feel bad because I still need to complete Rise of the Tomb Raider, but right now it feels like a grind. :/

I foolishly went out and bought Dishonored 2 for PS4. "Foolishly" because I still have other games to play and complete.

Dishonored 2 is pretty awesome, though. It's a lot better than the original and I'm really digging the story as well as playing as Emily, with her new abilities. I figure when the game's over, I'll go back again later to do it all over as Corvo.

I still have a few games to play... Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman: The Telltale Series episode three, Hitman episode six and Skyrim. Who am I kidding, though? I'll never finish Skyrim.

Still playing mostly everything that has come out this fall. Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare and CoD4 Remastered. Forza Horizon 3, BioShock Remastered, and Mafia III.

Dark Fear on Android which is fantastic.

Still dabbling in my modded Skyrim game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod