What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC: Mafia III, Forza Horizon 3, Smash + Grab, Crysis 3

Some Android games and that's it right now. Been so busy with my newborn son that it's hard to get game time in.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is out today for PS4. I've really been looking forward to this, so I'll be picking it up after work but I won't be able to play it until tonight, after judo training.

In the meantime, I've been playing Transformers: Devastation for PS4, as it's free on PS Plus this month.

It's okay... the combat (particularly boss fights) can be pretty fun, but it can get repetitive pretty quickly. The game feels very arcadey, if that makes sense.

Master_Craig said:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is out today for PS4. I've really been looking forward to this, so I'll be picking it up after work but I won't be able to play it until tonight, after judo training.

In the meantime, I've been playing Transformers: Devastation for PS4, as it's free on PS Plus this month.

It's okay... the combat (particularly boss fights) can be pretty fun, but it can get repetitive pretty quickly. The game feels very arcadey, if that makes sense.

You're going to love RotTR. I bought it for PC when it first came out, but it's not quite as good as the first game story wise. It falls by the wayside there and it feels a little too familiar and almost claustrophobic. It feels like the same situation between BioShock 1 and 2. Number 2 had so many amazing ideas that were new (from reading the art book) that they scrapped it because they were afraid.

It's also a shame the PS4 version isn't getting DX12 support as it looks fantastic on PC. If I'm right, I think it was the very first game to support DX12.

Ivory_Soul said:
You're going to love RotTR. I bought it for PC when it first came out, but it's not quite as good as the first game story wise. It falls by the wayside there and it feels a little too familiar and almost claustrophobic. It feels like the same situation between BioShock 1 and 2. Number 2 had so many amazing ideas that were new (from reading the art book) that they scrapped it because they were afraid.

It's also a shame the PS4 version isn't getting DX12 support as it looks fantastic on PC. If I'm right, I think it was the very first game to support DX12.

I got home from judo a little bit late last night, so after dinner I probably spent half an hour to forty five minutes playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I'm really enjoying it. The game looks amazing on the PS4, environments are absolutely beautiful. It's not quite on the level of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (when it comes to console gaming), but I suspect the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider would look incredible.

I'm not very far at all but so far, the back and forth story telling is throwing me off a little. I do at least like the hook they're going for, e.g. people think Lara are going mad, obsessing over this lost city thing. We all know that whatever it is Lara is looking for, she'll find, but it almost makes you feel that Lara's friends are right that... yeah Lara, you've lost the plot, mate.

Probably won't be able to play much until the weekend. I may not be able to work on a GR Strips this week due to work, but we'll see.

Bravely Default! It's very dramatic and cute! One of the party members is named Ringabel!

I have been playing so much Overwatch.

I've been making my through Deus Ex but my OCD with this series requires I Scout every square inch. Fun game. I can't get enough of it and it's knock off Dishonored.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Being consistently late to the party; I just started playing World Of Warcraft. Not sure if any of you have heard of it.

Never!

JK. It's probably better to have started now, that way you can play ALL the content available and it will last quite a while. I never played WoW and refuse to. Mainly because back in the day I had family members and friends who destroyed their life and good fortune with that stupid game. Not the game's fault, but it brings back bad memories.

Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4.

The story is pretty bad. I don't remotely feel interested in the plot at all. It was okay to begin with, but now I feel like it's becoming rather bland.

While I'm enjoying it, I feel like I'm honestly not enjoying it as much as I did with the previous Tomb Raider game back in 2013. I also don't like the new crafting system, how you need to find so many bloody materials to upgrade your weapons, where as the previous game was a lot simpler.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Being consistently late to the party; I just started playing World Of Warcraft. Not sure if any of you have heard of it.

Hey, of course I know this game. :D WoW is epic. The first few parts of the online game were the best parts. Then the DLCs have become worse and worse. I was a huge WoW fan. Recently the Legions DLC has been released for the online game. New character classes have been introduced with the DlC. The demon hunter (has great skills). This DLC has become very good and makes fun to play. I am currently playing the online games overwatch and Gears of War4. Overwatch and Gears of War are, in my opinion, epic online games. Overwatch is a perfect combination of rolling playing game and an shooter. Above all, I like the anime style. I am always playing with tanks. My favourite overwatch tank is reinhardt. :twisted:

Overwatch -> epic
Gears of War4
Battlefield1 -> I can't wait for the release -> extreme epic

Battlefield 1 is out this week. I'm very tempted to pick it up for PS4, as some retailers are selling it for quite a generous price.

I'm still playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Despite all its rave reviews and awards, I've come to the conclusion that the first one is better, in my opinion.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is okay. I mean, it's pretty good. Graphically it's awesome (not quite Uncharted 4 awesome) and the controls are really good... but the story is really dull and just not interesting at all, especially the characters. Due to the game play and isolation, Lara is mostly by herself and thus, is only talking to herself. I mean, Geralt does this all the time in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but at least what he yabbles on about is interesting.

What bugs me the most is, as mentioned before, upgrading items. It takes a really bloody long time and the game definitely wants you to spend time searching for your resources, where as in the previous game, while some exploration was required, you could generally find everything you needed by going from point A to point B.

I'm hoping the story gets better. I'm around 40-50% into the story, because right now it feels really boring and I feel like I'm just moving from point A to point B, desperately looking for a fight (my favourite parts of the game).

^ That sucks. I was thinking about grabbing Rise of Tomb Raider. My girlfriend loved the previous one so I 'll probably still get it. The bits on her own, are they more climbing/parkouring etc or is it not even that?

Accounting VR!
header.jpg

The absolutely most mind blowing game about accounting. Justin Roiland from Rick and Morty helped create and voice this game.

Accounting VR!
https://youtu.be/5PxBLDlsHJ0

Link to my full playthrough for anyone else who would like to experience it. I recently upgraded to a 60fps camera.

Yeah I have had one since April. I'm finished with most of this semester so I am going to focus on playing and recording more.

I only do 1080p 60FPS VR let's plays. I want people to see what VR is like without making the huge investment and its nice to just be able to show my close friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle