What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green_Lantern said:
I really need to spend some time with EU IV.

It's most of what I've been playing as of late, constant warfare/conquest with the Ottomans is a nice change of pace from the colonization/trade style of Portugal. But hate how the AI don't get natives attacking their shit or how they never respect the Treaty of Versailles. Would take a lot of power and memory stuff to have the attacks for them but it really spreads your army thin.

Sucks you in when you got a nice groove going with your nation, constant conquest and wars every few years or colonizing the Caribbean, which I should have devoted WAY more time to is the greatest. And if I could change it, I would have taken the entire Caribbean, sell my home provinces in Portugal and move the capital to St. Vincent. Take those and then focus on trade there. I would still send my conquistadors into South America, Mexico, North America, wherever natives are to plunder and pillage them.

Once I learned how to play it, it became like Crusader Kings II.

Lara Croft Go.

It's getting pretty difficult! But I haven't had to look up any walkthroughs or hints yet...

I have two weeks until exams and all my old wow guildies are begging me to come play on this new vanilla wow server with them.'

Fuck, I started played what seemed like a few mins ago and now two hours have passed.

Mafia II, almost finished the story and might play through some chapters to collect all the skin mags. Maybe, as I can't get the magnum in some of the earlier chapters. But still real good stuff, and was fortunate to get it in a HB before Steam took it off their store.

Currently:
Crusader Kings II (Loving it)
Fallout: New Vegas (my laptop runs it!!!!!!)
Kerbal Space Program

Intermittent helpings of BF4 on the PS3.

StudioTan said:
I'm also on shuffle:
FF7

I FINALLY beat FF7 earlier this year (what, it only took me like 10+ years). Had started on 8, but wound up shelving it when Hardline released. Probably won't get to that one till next year.

Still playing Fallout 4. Pretty sure I'm addicted. Haven't been able to play much this week though.

My partner and I play TorqueL on occasion. It's a very fun, indie puzzle platformer game. Highly recommended, it's a good laugh and it makes for a good party game.

My brother and I play Star Wars: Battlefront together on the weekends. Battlefront is great when you're playing with a mate or two. It's not so great though playing by yourself quietly with randoms.

I'm still messing around with MGS V, trying to get all mission objectives and S ranks for the heck of it.

While I'm on a Metal Gear kick, I recently finished the original Metal Gear on my Vita, which was an extra with MGS3 and am currently playing Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, which I should finish later today.

Then I think I'm digging out my PSP and working on Peace Walker. I never finished that one.

^ That is some hefty MG fever - nice work!

I'm playing FF7 at the moment - aaaah sweet nostalgia, how you make me hate my life so!

Changed my mind and playing MGS, which I copied over to my Vita for portability. I'm really rusty with the old controls, as I got spotted almost immediately in the first room before the elevator!

PW will be next!

At the moment...

Fallout 4 but progress had been slow (due to the main story being awful).
XCOM: Enemy Within with the Long War mod. You should give the mod a try if you can't wait til XCOM 2 to come out.
Also mini metro and Magic Duels.

I'm still playing Fallout 4, I've decided to progress through the main storyline. I'm level 47 and I've spent most of my time exploring, doing random side quests and building settlements. I think I've had enough and now I want to finish the story.

cyberjim2000 said:
Magic Duels.

Out of curiosity, have you checked out XMage? http://xmage.de/

It's a free MTG client, full access to all cards. Basically create a deck, find a lobby. I discarded my actual cards a while back, no one to play with in person, not looking to get into the competitive scene. None the less, if I ever feel like a game, I can easily find one, and deck customization can't be beat. As far as a free client, it's top notch.

StickyGreenGamer said:
StudioTan said:
I'm also on shuffle:
FF7

I FINALLY beat FF7 earlier this year (what, it only took me like 10+ years). Had started on 8, but wound up shelving it when Hardline released. Probably won't get to that one till next year.

Haha Would you do like me and make it to the Northern Crater and then stop playing?

StudioTan said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
StudioTan said:
I'm also on shuffle:
FF7

Haha Would you do like me and make it to the Northern Crater and then stop playing?

Truthfully, one of my most bittersweet moments in my history of video gaming. Back when I had it on PSX, I had two attempts get very far. One was with GameShark enabled, everybody lvl 99, unlimited money, etc. Burned out on too easy of a playthrough. The second, I made it all the way to Sephiroth, died, and believed I had too little health items left to actually finish it, and no close saves to revert too. Every other time I tried since that point, I'd burn out about disc 3.

This time I actually attempted to breed a gold chocobo, got KOTR, and was hellbent on finishing it. I've got a real similar fate awaiting FF8, I believe I hit disc 4 on that one, but I've attempted it far less many times. I'm actually interested in getting into it, there is still content and story I don't know about. FF7, I was basically short Sephiroth's death animation and the final cutscene. FF7 has permanently been checked off my shelf at this point.

*Disclaimer: Still haven't killed Ruby or Emerald, and will likely go to the grave never having.

RPGs are ruthless at teaching the lesson of save early and save often. There are several times in my life where I couldn't finish a game because of bad decisions.

StickyGreenGamer said:
StudioTan said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
StudioTan said:
I'm also on shuffle:
FF7

Truthfully, one of my most bittersweet moments in my history of video gaming. Back when I had it on PSX, I had two attempts get very far. One was with GameShark enabled, everybody lvl 99, unlimited money, etc. Burned out on too easy of a playthrough. The second, I made it all the way to Sephiroth, died, and believed I had too little health items left to actually finish it, and no close saves to revert too. Every other time I tried since that point, I'd burn out about disc 3.

This time I actually attempted to breed a gold chocobo, got KOTR, and was hellbent on finishing it. I've got a real similar fate awaiting FF8, I believe I hit disc 4 on that one, but I've attempted it far less many times. I'm actually interested in getting into it, there is still content and story I don't know about. FF7, I was basically short Sephiroth's death animation and the final cutscene. FF7 has permanently been checked off my shelf at this point.

*Disclaimer: Still haven't killed Ruby or Emerald, and will likely go to the grave never having.
I, too, would level my characters really high and run out of steam around disc 3. I also finally bred a gold chocobo and grabbed all the secret stuff last time I played, which was years ago. And I've also never beaten Ruby or Emerald Weapon; I'm going to try this time!

I only made it to disc 2 on FF8; got stuck at the Cerberus, which someone here recently told me was optional haha. Sony should release more PS1 games with trophies on the 4. I'd love to see most of its collection given the Resident Evil treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle