What are ya playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also finished Life Is Strange. It had some great moments for sure but the ending felt underwhelming. There are different endings but I doubt I'll get a satisfying conclusion.

At least my prediction was wrong... ----> I really thought Max and Rachel were the same person and after realizing she couldn't save Chole she went back in time disguised as Rachel and grew up with her instead of abandoning her when her father died

There were a lot of great moments in the series and especially in its final episode. But in the end it left me feeling disappointed.

Fun. A decent dumb down of the two games. Obvious things are lost. it does a decent job of saving when you exit. You might lose a turn or two. I had some Apple cash from a contest and finally bit the bullet.

I am still plugging away at MGSV. Just finished chapter 1 the other day which really feels like it should have been the end of the story, so curious to see how chapter 2 is going to disappoint me as it has so many others.

The gameplay is fun enough to offset any deficits the story has for me. I am confident I'll be playing this until Christmas.

Sorry for double post. My first attempt said I couldn't submit a post so quickly after already posting, which was weird, since I haven't posted here in quite some time...

I just got back from PAX AUS 2015 last night. Played a lot of Super Smash Bros. on my 3Ds while there.

I also got to try out Rise of the Tomb Raider on X-Box One. It was pretty good, although it did feel very familiar... it felt like the first reboot of Tomb Raider, albeit much prettier.

Been on a Super Nintendo binge with a handful of games: Star Fox, Cybernator, True Lies; even started a new run on "A Link to the Past."

Getting the chance today to play Black Ops 3 single player. Some PC gamers are reporting some technical issues. I will post back if I find any.

In some spots I get as low as 41 FPS. Usually anywhere that is outdoors. Indoors I get above 120 fps. Just depends on what level you are on.

:edit: SLI flicker and low framerate issues on specific levels. While it was being awesomely utilized in beginning levels so far in the second half sli scaling it all over the place.

Now that I'm done with Mad Max, I might as well either keep playing Mad Max or go back to The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone DLC until next Tuesday, Fallout 4!

Tales of Maj'Eyal, running Shalore/Temporal Warden in the Infinite Dungeon, about 22 floors down and died twice due to carelessness and not taking precautions. But can handle vaults and got it up and running with the goods. And capped out Timeless, which is crucial to everything a Shalore does. Here on out, everything dies.

Briefly gone back to The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone.

I tried to keep playing Mad Max but once the story is done, there's not much left to do. You can keep upgrading your Magnum Opus and stuff like that, but to unlock certain parts for the Opus, you not only need the scrap resources (which becomes very costly later on) but you'll also need to lower the threat in territory levels... and once the threat is down, there's no one to fight.

Fallout 4 is out tomorrow. Super keen. I probably won't get a chance to play it though until this coming weekend.

Tales of Maj'Eyal

Floor 44, level 42 and completely rolling hard. Got my contingency plan with the contingency skill, Draconic Body as a back-up as it will proc at 30% life instead of Contingency's 47% or 51%; all the offensive skills I need for ranged and melee, capped Timeless to get rid of detrimental buffs, extend Temporal Form and any other buffs, decrease cooldowns... everything a Shalore/Temporal Warden needs. Here on out, hubris will be the death of me.

Also got a category point unused. Don't know if I should get another infusion slot as most of the shield infusions I find are pretty much nothing because they never show up and no decent infusions/runes have been found, apart from Regeneration ones which I already have a great one of. The only other skill tree that is worth unlocking is Fate Weaving, which would be for kicks. And going to run out of stuff to put Generic points in soon.

Europa Universalis IV

Fuck you Holland. Don't know how they beat by 2 Star Admiral with their 1 Star but now I'm out of a navy. Again. And my colonies are threatening to rebel again. Got the Brits on hand in case I need them in the rebellion as I used the Spaniards for the Holland war in the colonies.

Fallout 4, PS4.

I didn't get to spend much time on the game unfortunately and probably won't get to until the weekend. I didn't get very far, but I am out in the wasteland now. I'll post more about this in the actual Fallout 4 thread.

Europa Universalis IV

War with Morocco and their ally near my South African provinces during the Colonial rebellion and now a reconquest Casus Beli by the Ming Dynasty on my Chinese provinces. Britain nixed out alliance and now all I have is Spain on my side. Might have to give in most of my Chinese provinces but keep at least 1 coastal one for the trade route, and at least my trade ships there can escape. Probably. And more threats of rebellion for the same colonies I just made peace with.

Europa Universalis IV

Ottoman Empire this time, started a new one because that Portuguese one was a never ending storm of colonial rebellion and wars I couldn't fight unless I spam mercenaries as my manpower would never recover fast enough. The Ottomans, as long as you don't fuck with Europe and the Hungary/Poland/Other European alliance of royal ass kicking and just focus on the Muslim countries/Africa, you'll do fine. Kicking ass with some major aggressive expansion and gobbling up chunks of my nearby rivals. My main target is the Mamluks and with their allies and one of the African powers, I can take them with ease. Quantity gives you endurance in war and sheer force of numbers to overwhelm and conquer. Heck, I can even expand east against the Timurids and they are one of the superpowers in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle