Uh-oh! Religion debate!

I can....cause Wes forgets that I am always right because I am omnipotent person, and a time traveling swordsman.

But yeah, religion....I am kinda...deist/agnotsic, I don't like organized religion, but I don't rule out the possibility of some sort of higher power.

We still need science though, because that is the cornerstone of us expanding our technology.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm currently reading the Divine Comedy, and it's pretty f****** awesome so far.

I just wanted to say that yes...yes it is...One of the few books I've read more than once.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Also, I have no love for mormonism. Only thing worse is scientology. Both crackpot religions that mislead people and subjugate women.
There is one good thing about the Mormon church, and that's that it brings families together and for the most part produces nicer people, which all churches SHOULD do but most of them fail.

Longo_2_guns said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Also, I have no love for mormonism. Only thing worse is scientology. Both crackpot religions that mislead people and subjugate women.
There is one good thing about the Mormon church, and that's that it brings families together and for the most part produces nicer people, which all churches SHOULD do but most of them fail.

and then that family marries off their 16 year old daughter to a 30 year old man that is her cousin.

You don't need religion to bring a family together; it's a failure as a species that we can't bring ourselves together without an invisible power to act as the glue.

I haven't even brought up islam, and they still stone women to death. Didn't hear a fecking peep out of feminists 'round the globe when that happened.

Longo_2_guns said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Do share your troubles with me. I'll likely be able to shed light on whatever misunderstandings you have about Mormons.

As for women, in the 1800's when the church was restored, the saints were directed to practice polygamy, so that they might have plenty of children to grow up and support the church and their families. After the unjust martyrdom of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young led the Mormon Pioneers to Utah, which they settled. After some time, they were commanded to discontinue polygamy. So no matter how much Family Guy may want you to think, we are not womanizers nor do we inbreed, and if you didn't already know, we uphold chastity.

Thanks for listening.

^And I disagree. I know me a-many ex-mormons. The horror stories I've heard are on the scary side, and some do involve inbreeding.

Hell my coworker's girlfriend was nearly married off to a relative.

De-ting, I think you're a smashing person, but your religion is a koolaid you shouldn't drink.

And I don't watch family guy.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
^And I disagree. I know me a-many ex-mormons. The horror stories I've heard are on the scary side, and some do involve inbreeding.

Hell my coworker's girlfriend was nearly married off to a relative.
It sounds like you're talking about FLDS. These people aren't Mormons, and if anything like that was happening among members of the LDS church, I guarantee you they would be ex-communicated.

I have explained our beliefs on the matter, however, every member is an individual, and there may be some that would do stupid stuff like that. But like I said, they would be ex-communicated, or they would have to go through a very serious repentance process to find forgiveness.

Again I clearly state, we do not practice inbreeding.

UglykitteN said:
De-Ting said:
...we uphold chastity.

I'm betting you aren't a virgin by choice.
As much as I yearn to get my freak on, I've seen enough negative effects of not being chaste to take the law to heart. So yes, I am a virgin by choice.

I'm not trying to be too preachy about it, but it's easy to see that not whoring yourself out is much safer than whoring yourself out.

It's not just about that, but I don't expect you to understand sexual purity, or real, meaningful love, for that matter.

I bet when you lose your virginity, it will be the most beautiful, passionate moment of your life that won't be awkward in any way because you are using the power of pure, meaningful love. Yessiree.

Longo_2_guns said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
There is one good thing about the Mormon church, and that's that it brings families together and for the most part produces nicer people

And magic underwear!

UglykitteN said:
I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older
Aaaah woah-ah-aah

Now this mountain I must climb
Feels like a world upon my shoulders
And through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
Aaaah woah-oh-ooh

I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me, oooh ooh-ooh ooh-ooh oooh
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
I can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me
I want you to show me
And I wanna feel, I want to feel what love is
And I know, I know you can show me

Let's talk about love
(I wanna know what love is) the love that you feel inside
(I want you to show me) I'm feeling so much love
(I wanna feel what love is) no, you just cannot hide
(I know you can show me) yeah, woah-oh-ooh
I wanna know what love is, let's talk about love
(I want you to show me) I wanna feel it too
(I wanna feel what love is) I wanna feel it too
And I know, and I know, I know you can show me
Show me what is real, woah (woah), yeah I know
(I wanna know what love is) hey I wanna know what love
(I want you to show me), I wanna know, I wanna know, want know
(I wanna feel what love is), hey I wanna feel, love
I know you can show me, yeah

See, this is why I say we need flash. I know this is funny somewhere, but not here. Not here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod