Uh-oh! Religion debate!

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Paradox, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Rakon

Rakon Rookie

Can't argue with that logic.

2. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I can....cause Wes forgets that I am always right because I am omnipotent person, and a time traveling swordsman.

But yeah, religion....I am kinda...deist/agnotsic, I don't like organized religion, but I don't rule out the possibility of some sort of higher power.

We still need science though, because that is the cornerstone of us expanding our technology.

3. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I just wanted to say that yes...yes it is...One of the few books I've read more than once.

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

There is one good thing about the Mormon church, and that's that it brings families together and for the most part produces nicer people, which all churches SHOULD do but most of them fail.

5. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

and then that family marries off their 16 year old daughter to a 30 year old man that is her cousin.

You don't need religion to bring a family together; it's a failure as a species that we can't bring ourselves together without an invisible power to act as the glue.

I haven't even brought up islam, and they still stone women to death. Didn't hear a fecking peep out of feminists 'round the globe when that happened.

6. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Do share your troubles with me. I'll likely be able to shed light on whatever misunderstandings you have about Mormons.

As for women, in the 1800's when the church was restored, the saints were directed to practice polygamy, so that they might have plenty of children to grow up and support the church and their families. After the unjust martyrdom of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young led the Mormon Pioneers to Utah, which they settled. After some time, they were commanded to discontinue polygamy. So no matter how much Family Guy may want you to think, we are not womanizers nor do we inbreed, and if you didn't already know, we uphold chastity.

Thanks for listening.

7. Eyebrowsbv31

Eyebrowsbv31 Rookie

^And I disagree. I know me a-many ex-mormons. The horror stories I've heard are on the scary side, and some do involve inbreeding.

Hell my coworker's girlfriend was nearly married off to a relative.

De-ting, I think you're a smashing person, but your religion is a koolaid you shouldn't drink.

And I don't watch family guy.

8. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

It sounds like you're talking about FLDS. These people aren't Mormons, and if anything like that was happening among members of the LDS church, I guarantee you they would be ex-communicated.

I have explained our beliefs on the matter, however, every member is an individual, and there may be some that would do stupid stuff like that. But like I said, they would be ex-communicated, or they would have to go through a very serious repentance process to find forgiveness.

Again I clearly state, we do not practice inbreeding.

9. UglykitteN

UglykitteN Rookie

I'm betting you aren't a virgin by choice.

10. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

As much as I yearn to get my freak on, I've seen enough negative effects of not being chaste to take the law to heart. So yes, I am a virgin by choice.

I'm not trying to be too preachy about it, but it's easy to see that not whoring yourself out is much safer than whoring yourself out.

11. UglykitteN

UglykitteN Rookie

If you aren't smart enough to use a condom, I should thank you for not breeding. Thank you.

12. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

It's not just about that, but I don't expect you to understand sexual purity, or real, meaningful love, for that matter.

13. UglykitteN

UglykitteN Rookie

I bet when you lose your virginity, it will be the most beautiful, passionate moment of your life that won't be awkward in any way because you are using the power of pure, meaningful love. Yessiree.

14. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

You've proved my point. Congratulations, troll.

15. UglykitteN

UglykitteN Rookie

I wanna know what love is
    I want you to show me
    I wanna feel what love is
    I know you can show me
    Aaaah woah-oh-ooh

16. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Did that really just happen?

17. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

Well since I'm on a streak of answering questions, yes, it did. He's also trolling me on another site. Cruel reality...

18. I_Hate_MGS

I_Hate_MGS Rookie

And magic underwear!

19. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

See, this is why I say we need flash. I know this is funny somewhere, but not here. Not here.

20. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

Oh god, the lyric posting has found it's way here, like some diseased whore who fucks her way to Albany.