When Obi-wan chops off the arm of that dude in the barfight

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
at the beginning of the first Star Wars, why doesn't it cauterize the wound and instead spills blood all over the floor? I'm guessing it's because this wasn't a decision they had made back then, and only after that scene did they think that no blood would be more appropriate. If this is the case, I'm also sure that some Star Wars nerd went back and retconned the scene to make sense. Like, he was some special sort of alien or something.

Fill me in.

and another thing, how do they space travel so freely through the radiation belts? didn't that one planet have like 3 suns or something? that's some major radiation man.. What's protecting those shuttles?

Chris, they plot the coordinants into the hyperdrive before jumping to hyperspace in order to have the ship's computer plot the course where nothing bad will happen to them while in light speed.

Used, don't question what's not necessary. Too many questions will destroy any work of fiction, as well as get a man in trouble with some Star Wars nerd

And why don't they hit any stars when traveling at light speed? Maybe because the stars are so far away that it takes light years to approach the nearest one.

So why do the stars zoom past them as if they're traveling at light speed X 1 novemdecillion? The number Novemdecillion is a 1 followed by 60 zeros

Wes said:
And why don't they hit any stars when traveling at light speed? Maybe because the stars are so far away that it takes light years to approach the nearest one.

schimmel said:
they plot the coordinants into the hyperdrive before jumping to hyperspace in order to have the ship's computer plot the course where nothing bad will happen to them while in light speed.

Really? The answer was right, I mean, right above you. It's also explained before the first time they make the jump to hyperspace in Episode IV. Pay attention the next time you watch the movie

Re: When Obi-wan chops off the arm of that dude in the barfi

used44 said:
Like, he was some special sort of alien or something.
That's my best guess. Or Ben's lightsaber is just old and dysfunctional. :p

I thought stars are balls of gas (hyrdogen and helium i believe) and wouldn't affect any ship...Asteroid fields are what they would have to worry about

UghRochester said:
I thought stars are balls of gas (hyrdogen and helium i believe) and wouldn't affect any ship...Asteroid fields are what they would have to worry about.t
Ugh, how would you like to drive a ship into the sun?

Forgot the sun was also a star...and also forgot hydrogen is extremely flammable, I miscalculated...I'll just go with schimmel's answer. :)

I'm guessing they stopped the blood so that it suits the certificate requirements for younger age groups? But I agree, Star Wars is practically a religion to some people, they probably noticed (and probably have an answer for it). He is a special alien, let's just go with that!

UghRochester said:
I thought stars are balls of gas (hyrdogen and helium i believe) and wouldn't affect any ship...Asteroid fields are what they would have to worry about

Yes asteroids would be a problem but it's the gravity of stars that affect hyperspace travel. Any strong gravitational field will pull a ship out of hyperspace.

I nerd hard on SW.

DocMoc said:
UghRochester said:

Yes asteroids would be a problem but it's the gravity of stars that affect hyperspace travel. Any strong gravitational field will pull a ship out of hyperspace.

I nerd hard on SW.

Wow.. i never even thought of that. Good point.
That is pretty geeky, but true I guess.

Did they ever show/explain how those tiny shuttles reenter the atmosphere at high speeds in mint condition?

schimmel said:
UghRochester said:
Forgot the sun was also a star...and also forgot hydrogen is extremely flammable

how did they let you graduate high school?
I handed in all my belated homework :)

Here's a tough question, What type of galaxy is Star Wars based in, Spiral, Elliptical, or Irregular?

schimmel said:
Wes said:

schimmel said:
they plot the coordinants into the hyperdrive before jumping to hyperspace in order to have the ship's computer plot the course where nothing bad will happen to them while in light speed.

Really? The answer was right, I mean, right above you. It's also explained before the first time they make the jump to hyperspace in Episode IV. Pay attention the next time you watch the movie

Pay attention to my post the next time and read/quote the whole thing. Then you'll see it was a rhetorical question about light speed and not about the ship pre-planning its coordinates.

Also, I dind't think this was a serious thread, it's about friggin Star Wars...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod