The Avengers |OT|

This blows. Set up a babysit swap with some friends so my wife and I could go see this. And just like always, they screw us. So no go. :( I'll probably see it down the road now.

Anthony and I went to see this last week. I really enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure he did too, despite being forced to watch it in 3D.

The Hulk made me happy. :)

I don't think I can add anything else that hasn't already been said. I absolutely loved it. For a majority of the film, I sat there with a big grin on my face. And the Thor/Hulk segments were particularly awesome.

Judging from the mid-credits scene, it looks like we have our set-up for the Avengers 2. I'm eager to see the seeds they plant for it throughout Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2.

I also read that Marvel has the film rights of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They just can't mention Magneto or any ties to the X-Men universe. I predict Avengers 2 will involve them, as well as hopefully Ant-Man, Wasp and maybe Luke Cage.

Delorean88 said:
But I will say every time black widow busted out that pistol I laughed, it's friggin' huge monsters what's your 9mm going to do?
Well we see the bipedal creature things getting taken out by arrows, so assuming she was rolling with a .40S&W or .45ACP it's fairly easy to watch and believe.

That's part of what i was talking about earlier. Apart from the biggest of the enemies, you get the feeling that if 1/2 the people walking around the streets of NY with handguns at any given time actually got their shit together and started fighting back, you would only need the hulk. All the other guys seemed to be fairly redundant once the hulk shows up.

[PLOT SPOILERS]Seriously, loki and thor fight and they're evenly matched. Hulk absolutely fucks him up with 1 arm and then goes to ruin the day of other, more badass dudes.

There's also that bullshit of a nuke that furys bosses send to NY.
How about the F-35 pilot? Did he just assume that he wouldn't get his shit ruined for actually fucking nuking the worlds most recognizable city?
'Nah that's cool, i'll just bomb this american city full of civilians and very likely full of other countries tourists, causing a civil war and then a full scale war with other countries. I mean if i don't, i might get fired'
Bull. Fucking. Shit
.[/spoil]

For fuck's sake man, can't you just enjoy the damn movie without breaking it down for analyzation and critique? If not, I kinda feel sorry for you.

Paradox said:
For f***'s sake man, can't you just enjoy the damn movie without breaking it down for analyzation and critique? If not, I kinda feel sorry for you.

Lol.

If you go into a superhero movie analyzing anything except the action scenes, humor, visuals and sound effects, and maybe the base story to keep you involved, youre settimg yourself up for disappointment.

To many people think they have to go into the theatre pretending theyre roger ebert now though. Even though i dont think ebert even over analyzes the madsters extent :)

god i need to stop posting from my phone. every time i read a post from my phone I sound like I have the iQ of a tuna fish...

a canned tuna fish

Paradox said:
For f***'s sake man, can't you just enjoy the damn movie without breaking it down for analyzation and critique? If not, I kinda feel sorry for you.
Especially when the analyzations really aren't that good.

Like the thing with the Hulk. The Hulk could not fight an army. The Hulk is a brute, barely even on the side of the Avengers, and if you watch the way he fights he just smashes his way through. He has no real way of taking them at range besides throwing rocks or jumping at them, which only works when they are in small numbers or unorganized.

danielrbischoff said:
Gunner37 said:
My question should i see it in 3-D or should I save some money and just watch it in 2-D
3D was cool, but don't bother if you're not already into 3D.

I like 3D but i dont like the extra 3 bucks added onto an already ridiculous amount of a ticket which is 10 bucks here

Saw it and loved it. Can't wait for the Thor, Captain America and Iron Man sequels...And then the Avengers sequels. As long as they maintain this kind of quality, I'll fork over my hard earned cash. If they maintain the quality of Thor and Iron Man 2....I'll hesitate and likely concede but only on the cheapest day to go to the movies. Either way, they get my money.

Anyways. Yeah. Awesome movie. 600 something million worldwide. 207.4 million opening weekend in the U.S. Damn.

This thing is still selling out in my middle of nowhere town. Going to have to find a matinee sometime in the coming week...

Finally say it tonight and DAMN was that ever awesome. Seeing it in AVX with selected seated is even better. There's no better feeling than walking into a packed theatre as the previews are starting and having your awesome seats waiting for you in a nice section! :) I'd say that luxury alone makes it better than seeing it in IMAX.

With all the great popcorn flicks coming out this summer this one sure kick-started the season with a bang! It set the bar high!

End of credits spolier after the film my friends and I went out for shawarmas spoiler

Did you guys prefer Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner over Edward Norton? I think Norton is a better actor but I think Ruffalo was a better Banner.

This is why Joss Whedon needs to make all of our movies. Cabin in the Woods was also awesome. People were sceptical of having so many heroes in one movie, but they pulled it off nicely.

I actually covered my eyes during the Dark Knight Rises trailer, because I refuse to see anything about that movie.

Rakon said:
I actually covered my eyes during the Dark Knight Rises trailer, because I refuse to see anything about that movie.

Im personally extremely disappointed by everything TDKR I've seen so far :( I really hope it delivers, though I still think it will. The trailers just suck.

Gonna see The Avengers this Saturday! Thought I had to work all weekend last weekend, but then got Saturday night off, but by the time I found out it was far too late to get tickets.

intoTheRain said:
Im personally extremely disappointed by everything TDKR I've seen so far :( I really hope it delivers, though I still think it will. The trailers just suck.
Yeah seriously. Freaking catwoman really? Thats not the thing that really bugs me it's bane. Why is bane the main villian? Gothams vengeance? You would think that someone like Mr. Freeze or hell even Clayface to be something of that nature. Bane is just a lame steroid up luchadore with pipes all around.

Gonna see The Avengers this Saturday! Thought I had to work all weekend last weekend, but then got Saturday night off, but by the time I found out it was far too late to get tickets.
Got my free tickets and watched it last sat. Pretty good. Better than I thought it would be and I had very low hopes for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod