Spiderwebs: shit, piss, jizz, or a horrifying combination?

Sightless said:
Snakes are great! Have you held one?
Fun fact, I own two of them as pets. They live in my room.

That said, I'm used to black widows. Fuck are they annoying, especially since they're EEEEEVERYWHERE.

It's actually pretty amazing what they can do with webs. In a way they're beautiful to look at. Just a shame it came from a torture-eating monster!

They are pretty gross too, you ever had an open mouth incident?

Longo_2_guns said:
Sightless said:
Oooh... What kind of snakes? Photos? One of my friends owns one, really lovely, but she's known to post photos of it devouring mice... That part is a little uncool to me.

I don't encounter spider webs too much (luckily - i'm Australian. We have level 80 spiders), but there's this huntsman that's taken up residence in/on/around my car. I call him Carl and have gently pushed him away from the door handle twice.
Female friend refuses to go anywhere near my car after having encountered Carl at roughly eye level 15cm away from her face when opening the passenger door a month ago ish.

Carl was all just relaxing, probably after having eaten a march fly or some shit and she screams in his face and slams the door and everything.

madster111 said:

Wikipedia said:
Like practically all spiders apart from the Uloboridae, Sparassidae use venom to immobilise prey and to assist in digestion. They have been known to inflict defensive bites, but are not widely regarded as dangerous to healthy humans.[6] Huntsman spiders are widely considered beneficial because they feed on insect pests such as cockroaches.

There have been reports of members of various genera such as Palystes,[7] Neosparassus (formerly called Olios) and several others, inflicting bites. The effects vary, including local swelling and pain, sometimes with nausea, headache, vomiting, irregular pulse rate, and heart palpitations, indicating some systemic neurological effects, especially when the bites were severe or repeated. However, the formal study of spider bites is fraught with complications, including unpredictable infections, dry bites, shock, and nocebo effects. An investigation into spider bites in Australia, in which Sparassidae figured prominently, did not note any severe or unusual symptoms resulting from confirmed bites from some of the most notorious genera, particularly Neosparassus.

It is not always clear what provokes Sparassidae to bite people, but it is known that female members of this family will aggressively defend their egg sacs and young against perceived threats. The frequency of bites on various body parts suggests that by far the most are accidental or incidental, resulting from inadvertent handling.[2] Bites from Sparassids usually do not require hospital treatment. In particular no necrosis was reported in the works cited here.

309px-Sparassidae_Palystes_castaneus_mature_female_9923s.jpg

Cool spider, bro.

I'm not afraid of spiders. They're pretty fascinating creatures like scorpions. Spiderwebs are cool when you see one being made. I also walk through spiderwebs everyday, because I can't see them. I always think it's my long hair and pay no attention to it.

Sometimes when I close off the lights I see a tiny spider rappelling from the ceiling. If I put the light back on, it quickly retreats. Funny fellow.

Sightless said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Sightless said:
Oooh... What kind of snakes? Photos? One of my friends owns one, really lovely, but she's known to post photos of it devouring mice... That part is a little uncool to me.
I don't have any pictures right now, but one's a California mountain kingsnake and the other is, I believe, a Sonora mountain kingsnake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle