So John Carmack is the retro PC Idol huh?

3OqCB17.jpg

Gabe has stolen his throne (and doubled the size a few times) huh? You know a problem they share in common? Can't ship a fucking game.

Hes definitely not any idol of mine. Doom 3 BFG Edition sucked and had lower resolution textures on the PC than the original. Rage was a letdown.....In fact a lot of Carmacks newer games are a letdown for me.

*sigh* Fewer good developers I can look up to these days.

UghRochester said:

The guy responsible for FPS gaming. I'm sure without him, there'll be no Half-Life, Halo, etc.

Next you'll say you don't know who Al Lowe, Roberta Williams, Will Wright, Sid Meiers are.

Im like a needy girlfriend when it comes to game developers. You have to continue to provide amazing games or I will divorce your ass and stop giving you praise.

If a game holds up over time I tend to have a lot of respect(I replay HalfLife series once a year). I don't really give credit to wolfenstein or doom or any of the games that created the genre for half lifes success.

I know its a almost impossibly tall order from the consumer :lol:

cyberjim2000 said:
UghRochester said:

The guy responsible for FPS gaming. I'm sure without him, there'll be no Half-Life, Halo, etc.

Next you'll say you don't know who Al Lowe, Roberta Williams, Will Wright, Sid Meiers are.
You didn't read my previous post, did you? :wink: I acted like Longo does whenever someone comes back and ask if anyone remembers him/her. Longo always says, "Who?"

You have no proof of that that would hold up in a court of law.

Sourdeez said:
Im like a needy girlfriend when it comes to game developers. You have to continue to provide amazing games or I will divorce your ass and stop giving you praise.

If a game holds up over time I tend to have a lot of respect(I replay HalfLife series once a year). I don't really give credit to wolfenstein or doom or any of the games that created the genre for half lifes success.
Which is why he's a representative for Classic Gaming. Not modern gaming.

Also, have you played Doom lately? It still holds up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod