So I opened the mail and you know what was in it?

GRColin

Rookie
My employment authorization card, a.k.a my work permit! I can now work in the U.S! It's about fucking time.

I applied for my residency back in November or so and I figured I'd get my work permit sometime in March due to a slight snag and it taking three months to process from the time we cleared the snag up (end of December) but I got it this past weekend!

I also have my immigration interview on the 22nd of February. If that goes well then I should only have that one interview and my residency in a matter of short time after that.

Yay for work!

Bretimus_v2 said:
Congrats, now you can take American jobs away from us at our highest unemployment period in decades.

Right.

You do know it's the illegal immigrants you should be complaining about doing that right? Not the actual legal aliens?

Honestly MattAY, it's limited right now as I don't have my residency, just a work permit. I'll likely get on at Netflix where my brother in law works. Starting pay is 13 an hour which isn't bad really for an entry level position there. Plus you get a free Netflix account with the 6 movies out at a time plan :).

I'm also applying for retail manager positions and whatnot.

LinksOcarina said:
f***...I should apply to Netflix...

Yeah you should!

You're what? A manager or assistant manager at Gamestop right now? I'm not sure if that pays better than Netflix or not. I know it pays a hell of a lot better than being a regular associate.

Really, you thought I was serious? Every large society is ulitmately dependent on immigrant workforces, legal and non-legal. And let's face it, how many Americans are going to pick fruit, work fastfood, do construction for half the pay, etc. So the illegals are fine in my book.

As long as you keep doing a fine job as admin, you can work where ever the hell you want. ;)

PS - Keep in mind, I'm a foreign-born minority so I feel your pain immigrant brother.

Thanks <3. And yeah I thought you were serious lol.

I should also note I have no issue with illegal immigrants working. I just have issue with identity theft heh.

Word, my 3 year-old nephew had tons of money racked up in earned wages, someone had been using it since his birth...he had to get a new number obviously.

netflix huh? jeesh, give a immigrant one big mac and he thinks he can work for a multi millionaire company...... i should start eating big macs.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
netflix huh? jeesh, give a immigrant one big mac and he thinks he can work for a multi millionaire company...... i should start eating big macs.

With my work experience I don't see why I can't work for them :p.

Rakon said:
You should apply to be the manager at the McDonalds Ugh works at

No you're right. Moving to a completely different state only to take up a position where I'd likely fire someone is totally worth it. Well, if that person is Ugh.

..thought you were going to say a bomb. *sigh*, oh well..

Congrats, you have now become a slave to the American Tax structure. Join us in giving 15% of our income to the Feds.

Lethean said:
Rakon said:
You should apply to be the manager at the McDonalds Ugh works at

No you're right. Moving to a completely different state only to take up a position where I'd likely fire someone is totally worth it. Well, if that person is Ugh.
Well you wouldn't have to fire me. I'm a terrific worker, terrible poster, but terrific worker...I would probably have to train YOU.
Anyhow, congrats working at Netflix sounds so much better than McDonald's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle