So you think you can solve the economy?

Lien

Rookie
Well... I've always wondered what are the political stances of the folks on the GR forums, and now i can put you all on a test... set by the new york times (sigh...).
It's called You fix the budget!

You have to gain enough federal income to see past the short time spending by 2015 (418 billions) and by 2030 (1.345 billions! :shock: ) And the budget increase is divided into two parts : Tax increase (communist!) and Spending cuts (Fascist!). This is a very interesting and simple tool to see what sort of decision the senate and congress have to face every day. And just like in fable 3, you have to balance out both form of incomes in order to fix the deficit while keeping the general populace happy... Actually, this is guilt free, F*** the people! Let's see who got the most on what!

My score: 74% tax increase, 26% Spending cuts and the deficit is fixed!
I didn't hesitate with some of the military cuts but i did kept the foreign aids cause actually, besides the war, America HAS done some good generally around the world. I didn't know the U.S didn't have the extra value tax system. I suffered from it in France, we might as well suffer it here! Though i brought back the Clinton era taxes, my kind heart just refused to tax the coming-to-richdom people, they must of worked hard to be on that social level i can't impose a burden on them... Now taxing the ultra rich on the other hand... :twisted:

I did it with 56% from tax savings and 44% through cuts. Seems fair, because I consider myself a moderate left. Of course this issue is far more complicated than this, but it's neat nonetheless.

Lien is the new Tylzen. This place is like reading the opinion section of the newspaper. Or like reading the newspaper at all. :p

When I tried it out, I got like 80% cuts and 20% taxes...But then again, I was taking the economy into consideration, and to get into full growth mode again tax increases are not the way to go.

Yes, because when I think of a balanced budget, I think of Cool Runnings.

Legalizing weed won't balance the budget Urb, what are you smoking?

These conversations are pointless. You want a balanced budget? Enforce worldwide Democracy, eliminate religion...actually, fuck it, just kill all humans. We're incapable of taking care of ourselves.

Whoa, I got 35% tax and 65% cuts. They should've made the tax increases in a column alongside the budget cuts. By the time I got there, I was already more or less good and too lazy to go back and change anything.

My plan...hate on the old people. I'm not old yet. Hopefully the younger generation is more benevolent.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Whoa, I got 35% tax and 65% cuts. They should've made the tax increases in a column alongside the budget cuts. By the time I got there, I was already more or less good and too lazy to go back and change anything.
You sound like a U.S congress person! :p you consider running for politics?

Fun fact: Cool runnings in France is called Rasta Rocket... yup we're weird sometimes...

60 % cuts, 40 percent tax increases. Many of my increases were to the super wealthy. It may take a turn away from capitalism to break free from a deficit this size. At least for awhile.

What Urban said... Uh, posted.

Also,
46% from taxes (Mostly $250k/yr+ and a 5% GST), 54% from spending cuts (Mainly military, nuclear and current wars).
Plus, i hated on the old people like Brett. Should've saved your own money, fools. Now you can fuck off taking mine.

That solves it, with only a tiny increase in living cost for normal american households. Military is useless in an age when you can simply take the entire country off the face of the planet at the push of a button and have powerful allies.

Marijuana doesn't cure all of your budgetary woes, but it helps put a dent in the deficit. Not only money flowing in from taxes but time and resources saved enforcing silly laws. From the PD,to the DEA, to the Courts, Lawyers, Probation Officers, Prisons (all of which are in dire need of $$$).

They're in dire need of money, in your state at least, because the unions take a big chunk of their wages and give it to the local DNC. Local 655 in saint louis pays union employees minimum wage, gives them no health insurance, and spreads 5 days of work out over 20 hours (4 hour days are bullshit). Yet they had the ability to give obama's campaign 25 fucking million. the local UAW gave just about the same, and in kind repayment the local car factory closed down. You want to save america and balance the budgets, hammer the unions along side the big corporations.

For the most part, I agree. One of the biggest issues is the unions, who have far too much power and money and aren't really using it the way that they should be.

The only problem is the lawyers and lobbyists are able to control everything, and the unions have a shitload of good lobbyists. I'm pretty glad that they've finally passed some shit that restricts the lobbyists, so we'll actually be able to get shit done.

Wow... really?REALLY?!
The unions and their pay rates are the problem? Let me guess - especially when it comes to government administrators, right? Not the war, not the tax evasion schemes done by businesses and rich people, its the unions.

Its not like the Unions don't take concessions during bad economic times to limit layoffs. I'm only speaking for unions that are on the government payroll, because when unions come up in the budgetary process people don't realize they are talking about police, fire, corrections, EMT unions, teachers, and government admins. Benefits packages for these positions tend to be a little better than private businesses because 1.) they want to attract the best and brightest and 2.) to prevent corruption.

All in All. I really don't want to debate this tonight, but long story short - unions help set the standard for wages in all industries and they also make sure that your job doesn't abuse you.

I'm not even American but I thought it was fun so I gave it a shot...

73% savings for Tax increase
27% savings from spending cuts.

I did a lot of cutting from the military but didn't touch the health care at all. I also went easy on Social Services. Taxed the rich, not the poor, and allowed a bunch of new taxes.

Yes, taxes suck, and the people would hate me for it. But at least I didn't cut anything from health care, education, the poor or jobs/income.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod