• IMAX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either

• Who cares...next topic

• Total voters
10000_Squirrels said:
[Sorry, the price is different for different movies and different days, we had to pay 13.50$ for Star Trek on Saturday, but I think it's cheaper on weekdays.By around 4-5$. And, the sound system is a 6 speaker 12,000 watt system, with 2 speakers in the rafters behind you, one behind the screen, 2 up above everyone in the front, and another one somewhere else. Also, The screen is 6 stories tall, and as wide as 2 school buses parked end to end. Plus, the film is 10 times larger than normal quality film, so it's higher resolution. The theatre gave us a little intro on IMAX quality before we watched the movie, so my source is good.
I was about to ask where you work...

Lol, no, I just posted that after I got back from the movie... Star Trek was wicked in IMAX, seems like it was built for it. You haven't lived until you've seen a Romulan mining vessel from the future destroy (Spoiler Alert! Don't want to ruin the movie for anyone...) Vulcan with a black hole. Just that one scene made the little extra money worth it...

Coincidentally, Star Trek was a contributing factor into me starting this thread. My friends all want to see it at IMAX...I can't justify the forty minute drive and extra cash (I could use that to buy overpriced Junior Mints).

PS - Thanks for ruining the movie. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod