Red Dead Redemption

Just got this and I'm loving it. It also helps that I recently watched 3:10 to Yuma, so I'm all cowboyed up. I can easily say that I'm enjoying this more than the GTA4's main game.

Notes: Jaguars are flippin' ridiculous. Roping things is way too much fun. I love being a cowboy and stomping rustlers.

Green_Lantern said:
Do you get anything special from the hunter challenges and stuff or are they more or less time wasters?

When you beat them all you get the satisfaction of being that much closer to 100% complete in the game, and when you actually ARE 100% complete in the game you get a really cool suit

I also just started my second playthrough of this. The only issue is that I'm kind of frustrated at the fact that when the game ends you have so many guns and a badass horse, not to mention tons of different outfits to choose from. I'm back to square 1 now and it's weird

My replay of the game has been cut short by Uncharted 2 suddenly coming back into my life, and the fact that I haven't played that one in about 6 months. Also I'm expecting GTA4's Episodes from Liberty City to arrive tomorrow so everything goes on hold for that, mainly because I hear those two expansions actually make the game worth playing

Just finished it today. Incredible! seriously 10/10. GTA IV was a bit of fun, but not even in the same league. I still havent finished it and probably wont, but RDR had me gripped the whole time. The mexico stuff was the only weak part plot wise imo. I genuinely liked John marston as a man. Also loved seeing the relationship between John and Abigail. The end tugged on my heart strings hard!

Even enjoyed all the ambient challenges. Ahh, 50 joyous hours. Ps, who didnt love the incredible film in blackwater re women's suffrage? 'Cease this mockery. Return home as it nears suppertime!'

GTA4 made me fall asleep, boring as hell.

RDR on the other hand, the voice acting is probably some of the best in a video game to date. It's believable and feels like a movie. In most sandbox games I tend to get lost and bored, but I'm just entering Blackwater now and I've wasted a solid 30 hours prior to it just doing challenges and messing around.

It's "forget about your kids until they melt there hands on the stove top" good.

Daddio said:
One thing really gets to me; when I call my horse .. a different one comes!

Odds are your old horse died and you didn't buy the deed for it. Go buy it from a shop and whenever your horse dies just go into your satchel and reactivate the deed. Your old horse will show up again! :)

malakian said:
Just finished it today. Incredible! seriously 10/10. GTA IV was a bit of fun, but not even in the same league. I still havent finished it and probably wont, but RDR had me gripped the whole time.

Have you played the small epilogue yet? It's a sidequest that starts in Blackwater that you can only get after you beat the game

I hate it when I call my horse and then it moves just out of reach when I'm trying to get on it...repeatedly. A bear killed me last because of my stupid Hungarian whatever.

Funny stories from the West time!!!

So a guy comes running up to me and says we need to save his wife from being killed. I chase off after him and as we hit the scene there are several guys standing around and her about to get hanged. Fighting ensues, horse spooks and runs off leaving her to hang. I went into Deadeye to try and shoot the rope. Well, it was 2nd level Deadeye, it didn't autotarget the rope, but it did autotarget her head...so, MERCY KILL!!! I didn't get any fame or honor. :( But my friend and I couldn't stop laughing at "the best rescue ever".

I was trying to kill a bear with my knife, so i wounded one by shooting it, while it was running away i jumped off my horse to finish it off, but out from beyond the hill another comes running at me so i kill it. Off trying to kill a bear with my knife i come across another one, a boar gored me, knocking me down and the bear finished the job.

Get the fastest horse, sprint down the road, dead eye, aim at horse head .. watch you go flying! (try it right before you go off a cliff)

Trying to kill some cougars ... hah, I don't hunt them - they hunt me!

And I must say that this game can even be scary! Was riding in the night through Tall Trees (the snowy area) when suddenly a bear mauled me of my horse. I screamed because my screen went suddenly red. :p

After pumping said bear full of lead I tried to relax for a bit ... thenI turned around and saw another bear running towards me: 'OH - SHI ... DEAD'.

Good times. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle