Red Dead Redemption

I finally got this game. Very fun so far.

I just wish that I could modify my Winchester to fire at a high rate, so I could walk around like Lucas McCain, The Rifleman.

Do you know why i love rockstar?

http://kotaku.com/5582371/red-dead-redemption-adding-zombies-multiplayer-poker-more?skyline=true&s=i
Cause zombies.... that's why!
rotten-comic-teaser-2.jpg

I swear, it's like they're reading my cowboy/viking/ninja/samurai/zombie novel in the making.

Eh, zombies seem a bit out of place if you ask me. I mean, it's a western game, not a WW2 game or anything.

The way I see it: Red Dead Redemption = incredible.

Red Dead Redemption + zombies = OMG NO WAY THIS IS AMAZING!

Just got 100% Redeemed. I'm a happy person, this truly is a wonderful game. :)

Props to Rockstar Sand Diego. :D

I kinda wish there were a few more requirements for 100%, because as it is it's pretty easy. I mean, a good portion of the requirements overlap with each other, and the rest are pretty much done by the end of the game. The only ones that were any problem were the bounty hunting and collecting the "search for in..." scraps for the costumes, simply because they were pretty tedious. Still a good game, it's just pretty short for a Rockstar game.

Still not as bad as Assasin's Creed 2.

You learned how to push the X button. Bronze!
You pushed the Triangle Button for the first time. Bronze!
You pounded that O Button. Bronze!
Square has a new master...YOU! You've completed the set. Silver!

Everytime I turn around I'm getting a trophy for ridiculously easy stuff.

Just traded it in today, got basicly all the offline trophies. I'm probably gonna get it again at Halloween.

I have been avoiding this topic until I finished the main story, and I finally did last night. Damn, that's one depressing/exciting ending! I'm not sure if I'll go for 100% completion or not as there are so many other games I have that I need to start, but when I get Internet back (just moved) I'll try again to posse up with some of you and beat those co-op missions.

Well... since some one is bringing this back up, i've been replaying the game from scratch. Mostly because i was at like 98.7 percent and couldn't find what a needed to do.

And boy... is it a little discouraging when you start with nothing right after you've had everything...

Lien said:
Well... since some one is bringing this back up, i've been replaying the game from scratch. Mostly because i was at like 98.7 percent and couldn't find what a needed to do.

And boy... is it a little discouraging when you start with nothing right after you've had everything...

98.7? Probably some bounties and a side mission. :(

Yeah, you probably didn't do a couple of the bounties and 1 or 2 stranger missions. I think you can go into 'Score' and it will show you at the bottom the different bounties you need to complete. 8 need to be done in New Austin / Mexico and 4 in Blackwater.

That means, you need to do a bounty in 8 (or 4) different locations throughout the land .. not just 8 total. This requires you to sometimes go to different towns. Also, a side note for those who like to snipe, it could potentially bug and not give you credit for the bounty if you kill everyone via sniping without going close enough in range to get the 3 pop up texts (you are getting close, kill or lasso and then the one after telling you to bring them to town).

Some other tips for those trying to complete 100% for giggles;

- The final sharpshooter challenge, where you need to disarm 6 guys in a row. Take a gun with large ammo (whatever you prefer really), empty the ammo MINUS 1 full round into the ground and head over to Fort Mercer. Deadeye will no longer reload your ammo seeing how you only have the 1 clip.

- For killing animals that need to be knifed (cougars / bears) .. I know a couple people who had a killer time doing it (ha. . killer). Shoot said animal "X" amount of times in the rear without killing it, then to quickly change back to your knife you can select it under Weapons in the menu rather than waiting for him to put the gun away and take the knife out. Its what I needed to beat the dang bear without glitching in a building or something.

Just got my copy of RDR back from a friend, if my wife isn't using the TV tonight I'll be getting the Red UNDead Redemption DLC and tell y'all what it's worth.

So I purchased Undead Nightmare for several reasons:

Reason the First: It's a very Halloween-y purchase and it fit with the mood over the weekend.
Reason the Second: I'm a bit of a sucker for zombies.
Reason...3: For only $10 (~800 points), you're getting a single player campaign. Sure beats the hell out of paying $15 for three new maps or new character skins.
Reason 4: Considering that my most favorite DLC in the last year was Ballad of Gay Tony and I love RDR a whole lot more than GTA...what wouldn't there be to love about this game?
Reason 5: You're not playing as Jack.

So far it's been a lot of fun. Life-changing...no, but FUH-UUUN!!! It's an aside from the RDR story and sets up with the Marston's spending some time in the living room with his kin before all Hell breaks loose. From that point on, you are basically running around New Austin saving people from the walking dead. This means bounty hunts are now rescue missions, each town has to be cleared out and helped in staving off the zombie hordes and strangers are still asking you to do weird and offhand stuff. Then there's the dilemna that Marston gets dropped into and must now solve.

It's very tongue-in-cheek which balances out the survival horror feel of the game. A lot of players have been complaining about a lack of ammo making it very SURVIVAL-natured. But if you take the time to fulfill your stranger and challenge quests, you'll be more or less okay. The zombies shuffle they groan and they even made several varieties of the zombies: bruisers, sprinters and retchers (so far). Each character from the original RDR campaign gets a nod in UN, some of them work really well in the setting (Seth, N.W. Dickens), some are kind of just there (Moone, the Armadillo shopkeep). But the best part is watching stupid rednecks as they try to figure out what is going on. They even throw in other supernatural creatures (Bigfoot, Four Horses of the Apocalypse). Don't know what else to say, don't want to spoil too much. It's definitely worth the $10, in my opinion.

i got 100% on this game.. and then my girlfriend broke it for a completely belligerent reason.. and then i killed myself and went to jail because suicide is illegal. now the only game i own is gta4..... AGAIN...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod