Red Dead Redemption

Oh man, just entered Mexico and that Jose Gonzalez song played. I felt pretty epic.

Off to iTunes I go!

used44 said:
Oh man, just entered Mexico and that Jose Gonzalez song played. I felt pretty epic.

I think we're at about the same place.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
rdr is so much better than gta4 in so many ways. graphics, controls, story, atmosphere, missions, everything.

The ending for GTA4 is good - depending on which one you choose.

You think the atmosphere is better in RDR than GTA? The NYC skyline is almost identical to Liberty City, and some of the RDR side quests are a little repetitive. I think youre delusional.

I think he's right. Unless you like your cousin calling you every time you're on a mission to look at "big American titties

Green_Lantern said:
Man...I must not know how to do duels properly...Cause I suck at them.

Haha. Same. I think I missed the duel tutorial or something because I won the first few, but can't do it right since then.

Dueling is easy. When it says "Draw" you pull back on the right analog stick, then push it forward as quickly as possible to draw your gun. You then use the right bumper (I think, I didn't play it on 360) or R1 to mark your target as many times as you have bullets in your gun. Headshots are preferable, but if you would rather go the path of nonviolence you can also aim for your opponent's gun to shoot it out of their hand, or their hat to scare them away. The crosshairs will change size from large to small, and when they're small is when they will be most accurate.

Anyway, that's how you duel. Enjoy it. Also, if you have the elegant suit you can cheat at poker. If you want to practice dueling you can simply go to a cheap poker table and get caught cheating. It'll trigger a duel sequence and voila, instant duel practice!

Since I've beat the game I tend to cheat at poker a lot, it's a great source of $500 really fast when you're in Blackwater.

Also, who enjoys the hell out of Liar's Dice?

Green_Lantern said:
schimmel said:
Also, who enjoys the hell out of Liar's Dice?

There's something else I must not have been paying attention to...I have no idea how to play it.

Everybody rolls 5 individual dice, you can then look at your five and based on what came up you place bets on the likelihood of X number of dice on the table, for instance you can say you think there are three "1's," the next person must up the stakes, by either saying that there are four "1's" or a higher or lesser number of a higher face value (basically you say you think there are three "1's" the next person can say they think there are two "3's"). You keep raising the stakes until someone basically calls bullshit. When that is called, you all reveal your dice to see if that person was right or wrong.

It's a lot of fun. I don't know if that post helped you at all, but go back and play the tutorial again until you get the hang of it. I like it more than Hold'Em at the moment

well right now im doing the master hunter mission with killing two cougars with your knife and skinning them. I found out that you don't hunt cougars they hunt you.

Don't worry, you don't have to kill them with a knife from start to finish. Shoot them four times in the legs then finish them off with the knife... And stay on the darn horse!

The legend of the west outfit is quite stylish i say. It reminds me of buffalo bill for some reason (he was alive in 1907).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod