Pics of yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't need to say "Joe and I" unless you're using it as the subject of a sentence.

"me and Joe" was acceptable in that case.

and I don't even know where that comma came from :p

What are you guys talking about? You don't need to use it, period. the '.... and I' format just functions as the pragmatically polite way...it's absolutely fine as is.

Sweet meet, Rob. A friend of mine met Joe Satriani, and she doesn't even appreciate his alien surfin'!

Lol at Hellfire trying to be a smart arse. :D

Rob, I'd be insanely jealous, but I get to meet Steve Vai at his guitar clinic this Saturday at LGS, and im seeing him again in July at the Hammersmith Apollo so I guess I have my own guitar hero meety thing to be happy about. Congrats on meeting Satch though. :D

Hellfire1014 said:
Robmiester said:
n506116538_98973_6512.jpg

me and joe satriani.

Joe Satriani, and I.

Why is the comma placed after Joe Satriani? There shouldn't be a comma at all, in fact. Furthermore, the picture Robmiester posted serves as a reference point, an object of reference, and so the direct object case of the first person should be used, not the subjective form. As for the proper orientation, malakian already addressed that.

HAH! I didn't even read that, I just read the reactions to it and assumed. What a buffoon!

Grammatically speaking, you're a bit of a colon, hellfire.

Saying hell is pedantic is rather foolish. Only a human being, a rational man capable of being ostentatious and minute in observation, can be pedantic. A place of Biblical suffering can perform no such actions.

What you state is outlandish, I say!

By the way, "freakin" is not a word. If you're going to drop the 'g' at least cover it with an apostrophe.

A picture Rosa took in the heart of Hollywood. Isn't that place just beautiful? >_>

l_1c843a1c2d05421a401a94a50391007b.jpg

Here's Ganesh just chillin' on top of the Kodak theater!

l_df7239dfa6f2ac6a1fd79da7887a0e43.jpg

San Bernadino, as seen from...A GREYHOUND BUS!

l_bb32a2b363b730aa598058693cf7696e.jpg

An oven...In the desert. You can find an oven here, but you can't find Hoffa's body.

l_4bd2f7d78e3ad345e3c6643733ffae8e.jpg

Beautiful St. Louis

l_b1ee7a09f67a8e1af89ef656b49b74bd.jpg

I know I'm posting vacation pictures a month after getting back but the way I see it, it's a pictures topic anyways! And it isn't like they're all of me!

Grey said:
Lol at Hellfire trying to be a smart arse. :D

Rob, I'd be insanely jealous, but I get to meet Steve Vai at his guitar clinic this Saturday at LGS, and im seeing him again in July at the Hammersmith Apollo so I guess I have my own guitar hero meety thing to be happy about. Congrats on meeting Satch though. :D

Yeah, nice man Steve Vai is still one of the people to meet. I saw G3 2007 with Satch Petrucci and Gilbert. That backstage pass gave me a lot of cool things as well as front row seating. I also met John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert but I do not have pictures of me with them. I wasnt allowed any phoyos, but I do have their autographs. Best day of my life, I'll post a couple pics of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod