Old Skool GR

Alright, if this turns out good, we'll slip it into Archive so new members can see what the Old GR was like. Everyone is invited to post their favourite memory of yesterGR.

I'm going to have to do some thinking on my own, but you guys can get started.

:D

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot...try to keep it to one or two posts per person...everyone has their most fav memory, not just you with all of yours.

EDIT2: Well...I don't think I could have put it any better...you guys summed up the old school GR pretty damn good, as far as I'm concerned!

To teh Archive!

Yesterday.
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly.
I’m not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don’t know, she woldn’t say.
I said something wrong, now I long, for yesterday.

Yesterday.
Love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

The old GR, it leaves such a nice warm fuzzy feeling in my heart! :)

I can remember all the wonderful things that happened. Like when Icepick posted nude pics of various ladies at GR. Or when BBK tried to hack into Covert Ops. And who can forget our beloved Shane, oh Shane, whenever I feel blue, I just look to Shane and think, at least I'm not him. Then we had the El Dorado invasion where greasy Emo kids ruled the boards and Converge was the coolest band EVAR!

Wait, those weren’t great moments… Dammit, I was trying to forget about all that and now I’ve just been reminded of them!

I personally liked my birthday on GR, there was a nice little 18-reply topic, congratulations from all my friends, a spam off.... That wasn't my idea or anything. I personally blame h8tred_of_mine. Too bad Blackstar couldn't hold off the hoards like he hoped to. :)

There was the sexy poster showdown that I was allowed to host for the second half, but that kinda went to shit from people not voting because of sexiness but rather from chat friendships and of course people deciding for random reasons to drop out in the final few rounds. At least that other one didn't go to hell, but I really didn't take part in that at all...

Oh, here's a nice story: there was a topic here called post your myspace back in march. It convinced me to join myspace, which brought me to meeting someone who turned into one of my bestest friends ever (Chelsea in my sig actually \/) and caused me to grow more social and stuff. So thanks gr.

The countless topics that are way over my head but I somehow learn from are always cool, and the occasional wrestling topic that doesn't become a flame fest.

That's all I can really think of right now. It's been a good forum :)

Whenever I think of BlackStar and old topics, I always think of Yuna and Rikku. Oh God, I think I'm going insane :(

The earliest memory I have of GR is when I first joined (obviously) and Don hated my guts and thought I was an ignorant spammer. Now it's been almost two years and we're the bestest of buddies! ...well not really, but I can honestly say I don't have a problem with anyone at GR.

i'd say the toothpicks, silver ball hugo and animorphs was some good times. shane said he'd take naked pictures of his girlfriend and send them to me if i'd let him in, he never did :(

I saw old GR in general. This sounds sappy, but Gr has changed my life like slickben. It's brought me into an entirely differnet mindset. It's made me smarter, cooler, and a better taste in music. Ive had unforgettable memories, and met unforgettable people. I love you guys.

I agree with both Slick and Raine. GR is the reason I'm atheist, independant and vegetarian. It's pretty much made me, as sad as that sounds. It was always such a big part of my life. Everytime I'd get on the internet, GR would be the first place I go, and I'd usually stay for hours on end.

My favorite memories, among others, are the many spamming fests Raine and I had, the Grumble/Gramble's with the Sexy2Some (and recently managed by Slick, with his wonderful speeches), and the good old religious topics I used to take part in when GR was actually good (i.e. I thought a topic was worth a long enough post to explain my position). Some good times :)

Phew!! I thought I was the only one who thought of GR like that.

Well, we did have some really good times, though, like the Clan Wars and that topic I made about TNO killing the Misc Forum that reached like four pages in less than an hour! Good lord, I was jumping up and down when I saw how many post people were making (although practically all of it was the most random spam I'd ever seen).

I love teh GR. :oops:

But I wasn't making fun of you! :(

I think you misinterpreted my post, please don't hate me. I don't do well with rejection.

^ And I took them out, 'cause I was rolling my eyes at myself for thinking that I was the only person who liked GR as much as you guys do.

^^ C'mon, let's try keep this one on topic...it's goin' into Archive to be remembered (and therefore, keeping GR of Old remembered) forever! MAUAHAHAHA!

favourite oldschool GR moment

the whole clan wars was absolutley absurd, with RWA, MGA, EGA, which was a branch of MGA, which had a plot to overthrow MGA, something to do with politics and the likes between Ivan and what not, to RWA and MGA actually doing scouting reports on who's site got more hits..

than there was the whole mason 209 april fools joke which had everyone in an uproar, I remember I went around saying people should change the e mails in their accounts so the hackers couldn't hack them, too lazy to heed my own advice I did nothing, and the next morning plenty of people were locked out of their accounts due to switching their e mails

by far, and I think Dave_Matthews will agree, is when Kurt Cobain posted this little gem that we still tease him about, and try to comprehend today]

"they was deciding if I was identicle everywhere, we were naked, we froze to death"

what was he talking about?

Aw man seriously, GR like totally changed my life I love the old GR and i love the new GR this is the one place that like kept me from losing my mind when i was dating some ugly b****,, seriously that bad... and kinda GR has totally made me a better person and i will always remember this place and, i dont think i would ever leave this place forever that is.

Also who could ever forget for the old GR where all the monkeys were changed to mod ranks ha ha ha that was so awesome. Or the Age of Rauno. Or every other word from Shane was a lie

hmmmmmm., lets see, i joine in 03 mainly to argue about american politics. then after that some funny posts started happening so i stayed on, then stayed on, then realise this thing called post counts then i got into gr. i dont think many people like me, but watever, its still a fun place to be.

one joke i remember from a joke thread: Wat do u call a spanish that just lost his car?
carlos

LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133