|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So I just ran into my first major flaw in the game and not quite sure what to do.

During a certain quest in Markath I did something I wasn't supposed to do and got a bounty on my head. The problem is that I need to go back there to do another quest but there is something broken with the guards because of yet a third quest that I did.

There is no option to pay a bounty. When I tell them I am the thane, they don't care and when I say fine, take me to jail, the conversation loops back around to them telling me to surrender. The only way to get out of this loop is to tell them I would rather die at which point I have to basically kill all the guards in the town.

I have to do something in the keep but killing guards in there make the jarl and his crew hostile to me and while I can beat them down, they can't die.

Only thing I can think of at this point is maybe a console command that will reset your bounty or something like that. Anyone know if there are any commands like that?

You can try this but I've read it doesn't work with actually lowering a bounty caused by actual crime. If not you will probably either have to die or load an earlier save to get rid of it.

player.setcrimegold XXX <faction id>- Set it high if you want to fight, set it at 0 if you want to be free.
NOTE: Each city has a different bounty which requires the faction id to be included in the syntax to work properly. Faction id's can be found by typing 'help "city name" 4' then using the id number following FACTN: in the above format.

i just accepted a quest in markarth from the jarl. it's not in my quest log, when i talk to him he doesn't give me the option to do it again, it just disappeared. i was told to go to the jarl for work, this was the first quest!!

ugggh

i also went to jail in markarth, i ran out of the jarls room and swung my axe, it was dark, i didn't see someones pet dog. seriously. it died, i was jailed :( i cried

Daddio said:
So I just dropped 5,000 on the house in Whiterun ... then realised you could literally buy your way to 100 smithing. dangit! Only lvl 13 .. considering redoing my character. Also read it's better to go down the heavy armor side even if you are using light armor because you can actually craft better light armor than elvish armor down the road .. and the weapons are better. BLah!

i restarted at level 28 after i realized i butchered my character, it could be worse.

don't be sad u bought that house though, you'll want it, when weight becomes an issue, it's nice to have it to store things in.

anyone ever randomly come across some no named random thing, like a mage or necromancer or whatever, that isn't special, but somehow has the ability to 2 shot you and you're like wtf?

i have twice now. i 1 shot nearly everything and never look at my health, and randomly once a while back, and once today, i came out to fight this random broad, not looking at my health, and suddenly i'm dead. didn't even touch her before she killed me and wasn't looking at my health as i normally dont think about it unless im fighting something special.

when i killed her she has nothing on her, the typical caster robe, and other clothing, few gold coins, etc.

she just did ridiculous damage.

skyrim.jpg

ROAR that's me bein a badass all up in White Run's bizzness.

Level 43 secksiness.

Green_Lantern said:
You can try this but I've read it doesn't work with actually lowering a bounty caused by actual crime. If not you will probably either have to die or load an earlier save to get rid of it.

player.setcrimegold XXX <faction id>- Set it high if you want to fight, set it at 0 if you want to be free.
NOTE: Each city has a different bounty which requires the faction id to be included in the syntax to work properly. Faction id's can be found by typing 'help "city name" 4' then using the id number following FACTN: in the above format.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly they didn't work though. :cry:

I found a slight work around to my problem though in that I basically had to kill about 10 Markarth guards, then had to kite the jarl, his housescarl and that old guy to a remote part of the keep and hurt them enough so the would fall down. This allowed me to run back to the other part of the keep and finish the other quest I was working on and then run back out of the keep. Just a complete mess.

All I know is I am glad I got the thane title and my house there before this all happened or I'd really be screwed.

All in all I would say it is a pretty serious bug/glitch whatever you want to call it. Hope there is a fix for it at some point. Would like to be able to go to my house there from time to time with out having to slaughter all the town guards every time I visit. =/

Actually, as for the one-shotting Necromancer and Wizard, it isn't the Necromancer or Wizard doing it. Along certain roads, usually leading to lairs, there are these pylons that are charged with soul gems. They sometimes fire on you, and one-shot you. nasty stuff, I recommend sneaking around them, or sometimes, shooting the crystal out with a bow (I managed this once, somehow, haven't been able to do it again, could've been a glitch). They guard necromancer or wizard lairs, sometimes a Dragon Wall. There is an example of one near the Riften Dragon Wall, to the South. Start climbing the path, zap, dead. Good times.

NecroWolf said:
Actually, as for the one-shotting Necromancer and Wizard, it isn't the Necromancer or Wizard doing it. Along certain roads, usually leading to lairs, there are these pylons that are charged with soul gems. They sometimes fire on you, and one-shot you. nasty stuff, I recommend sneaking around them, or sometimes, shooting the crystal out with a bow (I managed this once, somehow, haven't been able to do it again, could've been a glitch). They guard necromancer or wizard lairs, sometimes a Dragon Wall. There is an example of one near the Riften Dragon Wall, to the South. Start climbing the path, zap, dead. Good times.

I've found getting to them very quickly by your shout and grabbing the crystal to be the best way to deal with these. I'm not very sneaky though.

NecroWolf said:

no it was definitely the necromancer, though i do know what you're talking about. it scared the shit out of me the first time it happened, i was like :shock:

but one was just outside of ummm, ugh, forget the temple name, where i had been many times before, in the same spot, right by the door. i fast tracked there and new guys had spawned, one was super badass, her ice spikes were what was owning me.

the other time it was in a hall way in a dungeon. definitely was not one of those pylon dealios. the one guy was giant fireballs, and i know it was him as i could clearly see them coming from his hands and my health dropping to half on one hit. the other girl was ice spikes.

i hope i dont have any trouble in markarth i just discovered it today for the first time, and it's awesome. the first quest i took bugged, but i hope i can straighten it out, maybe find an old load. didn't play much today though, and will probably not get to play until monday. busy weekend ahead.

intoTheRain said:
NecroWolf said:

no it was definitely the necromancer, though i do know what you're talking about. it scared the s*** out of me the first time it happened, i was like :shock:

but one was just outside of ummm, ugh, forget the temple name, where i had been many times before, in the same spot, right by the door. i fast tracked there and new guys had spawned, one was super badass, her ice spikes were what was owning me.

the other time it was in a hall way in a dungeon. definitely was not one of those pylon dealios. the one guy was giant fireballs, and i know it was him as i could clearly see them coming from his hands and my health dropping to half on one hit. the other girl was ice spikes.

i hope i dont have any trouble in markarth i just discovered it today for the first time, and it's awesome. the first quest i took bugged, but i hope i can straighten it out, maybe find an old load. didn't play much today though, and will probably not get to play until monday. busy weekend ahead.

Ah, my bad for making assumptions then. Hrm, don't know about those wizards/necromancers, I'll check it out, see if they pwn me. Yeah those pylons suck, I didn't see my first one coming. I was just walking along, and ZAP, I go flying about ten feet and die. It was... shocking... see what I did there?

Edit: Correction, I know what happened. My girlfriend being a pure Caster can do similar things. See, normally enemies use Firebolt... however, if you're high level, they start to use Fireball, which hurts a LOT. My girlfriend can nuke a dragon in just a few Fireballs, or anyone else for that matter. It makes me feel insignificant, because I go to town with my duel-swords, and she's just like, "Fireball." and the room explodes, everything is dead. I've seen duel-charged Fireballs kill enemies in one or two hits, so I think they can do the same to players. At least, that's my guess. The Iceshard thing, I don't know, she doesn't use that spell.

intoTheRain said:
NecroWolf said:

no it was definitely the necromancer, though i do know what you're talking about. it scared the s*** out of me the first time it happened, i was like :shock:

I've run into a couple of those guys. I've noticed it happens with ice spells the most. I will get hit with a couple of ice shards that slow me down and knock off a chunk of health, but then get hit with a shard after that that takes off a ton of health and if I was low to begin with will actually send me flying when it kills me.

It makes me wonder if there is some kind of damage or crit multiplier on frozen or slowed enemies or something.

C_nate said:
I've run into a couple of those guys. I've noticed it happens with ice spells the most. I will get hit with a couple of ice shards that slow me down and knock off a chunk of health, but then get hit with a shard after that that takes off a ton of health and if I was low to begin with will actually send me flying when it kills me.

It makes me wonder if there is some kind of damage or crit multiplier on frozen or slowed enemies or something.

While being on fire, fire spells do additional damage, but I don't think so with frozen from what I can see in the spell descriptions, it just damages hp/sta. Lightning damages health/magicka.

One thing you want to look for is the title of the caster. Just like the spell levels, there is levels of mages you can fight. Novice, apprentice, adept etc. The apprentice and adept are WAY stronger than novice and do more damage/use higher level spells. So keep an eye out and see if it's a higher level mage you are fighting that's doing more damage.

Also, icy spear (a stronger Ice Spike) looks almost the same when your in the midst of frenzied combat. It's graphic is a longer ice shard than ice spike and easily mistakable for the same spell. A lower level mage wouldn't be using this, but a higher level mage would while doing more damage (obviously). The mages switch between spells occasionally as well, so they could have used ice spike, then icy spear.

drathbone said:
C_nate said:

While being on fire, fire spells do additional damage, but I don't think so with frozen from what I can see in the spell descriptions, it just damages hp/sta. Lightning damages health/magicka.

One thing you want to look for is the title of the caster. Just like the spell levels, there is levels of mages you can fight. Novice, apprentice, adept etc. The apprentice and adept are WAY stronger than novice and do more damage/use higher level spells. So keep an eye out and see if it's a higher level mage you are fighting that's doing more damage.

Also, icy spear (a stronger Ice Spike) looks almost the same when your in the midst of frenzied combat. It's graphic is a longer ice shard than ice spike and easily mistakable for the same spell. A lower level mage wouldn't be using this, but a higher level mage would while doing more damage (obviously). The mages switch between spells occasionally as well, so they could have used ice spike, then icy spear.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense, thanks.

I'm getting a little tired of "Bird, Whale, Snake" puzzles with the answer conveniently "hidden" in the room you do them in.

Though I am having fun with enchantments.

Also, I'm sick of goddamn Master Locks that have behind them "24 gold, lesser soul gem, minor conjuration robe" and nothing else. I could sell the lockpicks and make more money!

rerolled an orc warrior, my 5 year old doesnt like him cuz she says he looks too ugly and evil. :lol:

got my smithing to 55 and i havent even killed the first dragon, now that i did a small run through i understand the game a little better. i'll try the smash n bash 2 hander style for the first play through then maybe a mage.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm getting a little tired of "Bird, Whale, Snake" puzzles with the answer conveniently "hidden" in the room you do them in.

Haha, I was thinking that. There is another good one in the Mage quest...literally the first dungeon mission in that makes you at least think minimally. But apart from that one and the Golden Claw one...they've all been annoyingly repetitive!

Longo_2_guns said:
Also, I'm sick of goddamn Master Locks that have behind them "24 gold, lesser soul gem, minor conjuration robe" and nothing else. I could sell the lockpicks and make more money!

That one drives me crazy as well.

Got up to 94 smithing before the wife decided she wanted to play and booted me off lol. I have 200 lbs of dragon parts I need to find a place to store ... or if I don't plan on making dragon gear I guess I can sell them.

Question, where can I find me some Ebony Ignots?!

MattAY said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Haha, I was thinking that. There is another good one in the Mage quest...literally the first dungeon mission in that makes you at least think minimally. But apart from that one and the Golden Claw one...they've all been annoyingly repetitive!

Yes, but less repetitive than those horrible Oblivion dungeons. At least, I think so.

Daddio said:
Got up to 94 smithing before the wife decided she wanted to play and booted me off lol. I have 200 lbs of dragon parts I need to find a place to store ... or if I don't plan on making dragon gear I guess I can sell them.

Question, where can I find me some Ebony Ignots?!

vendors will star selling them. keep an eye out. sometimes they'll have up to 6 a piece (most ive seen)

i just go to both blacksmiths in whiterun and the warmaiden, as well as the general goods store. got more than enough ebony ingots to make all my daedric gear + lots of extra weapons.

theyre like 400 a piece.

if you're heavy armor just make daedric gear. sell your dragon bones and scales. daedric is better. i used to think it was hard to craft until i realized how easy it was to get both the ingots and daedra hearts. dragon armor is pointless.

daedric also looks way cooler.

kinda disappointing to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fargoman