NFL is back (almost, kinda)!

Longo_2_guns said:
Oakland Raiders

You are so mean.

Mattay, the hype this offseason has been about the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. Even more so since they're in the same division.

Thanks Nick - I'll support Seahawks, since I've been to Seattle and no other place in Yankland.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Yeah, you and me both.

Though at least the Giants have made up for it. Well, not THIS year, but 2010 and 2012.

All of my favorite teams suck. I'm a curse.

used44 said:
Oh boohoo your team won the world series twice in the last 3 years.

lol. Well, Longo, you can have the raiders, and I can have the mariners. They haven't been good since 2003. :(

My fantasy draft is Sunday night. Anybody else doing fantasy football this season?

Wow, ours is going on three years only (though most of us have been in other leagues for much longer). Is yours a keeper league or anything? How do you draft? PPR?

Ours is a pretty basic 10-man Yahoo league. Non-PPR, $50 buy-in, two week playoffs.

It's a fairly standard snake draft with set rosters. Started off with 7 teams plus one computer team all those years ago but now we have 12 teams and a 150 dollar buy in, 5 dollar transactions. Our scoring system is a little wonky. longer tds are worth more and you get double points for certain things like a WR running in a td instead of receiving it.

Back in the early days of the league my dad had to figure out all the scores by hand just using the Monday newspaper. Ah those were the days. The draft is pretty much the highlight of the year, sitting around drinking and busting balls.

How did your draft go, Dave?

Vikings and 49ers play tonight. My team vs. my wife's. just preseason, but still. STAKES.

I drafted cj spiller in the first round and then later watched him grab his knee after scoring a meaningless preseason td. So that was a fun moment. Luckily he came back in the game but if it's an omen then things aren't looking good for me. I feel ok about my picks, usually I feel great about them but there is just so many crappy running backs in the later rounds that you have to choose and hope they do something. We shall see how lucky I got.

Good luck on your draft tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle