Let's point, and laugh at Ugh, because Blair cannot sleep.

thetank

Rookie
TallManandNelson.JPG

Right. I'm mad. I have not been anywhere near a forum in MONTHS, and I have denied myself the sweet, crack-infused nectar of your camaraderie. I was recovering! I was not spending every ten minutes checking my emails to see if anyone had commented on something I had to say.

Oh, no. I had my addiction transferred to webcomics. Ah, webcomics, the sickly sweet methadone to GR's heroin.

But no. Some people just couldn't let it happen, could they? I am looking at you, Ugh. You muppet. You have ruined it.

You see, there are a few people I still chat to, outside the walls of this hallowed hall. UghRochester is one of these people.

I've been spending my time away rather productively, you see. I'm a fan of music, and a fan of gaming. So, in addition to learning the rock staples, the intro to Stairway, half of The Who's discography, half a dozen White Stripes songs, and a couple of bars of Classical Gas, I have been keeping you lot in mind, and learning game themes and the like on Le Guitar.

Final Fantasy IX had a sweet few pieces: Vamo alla Flamenco, played during the Chocobo Hot & Cold game; You're Not Alone, the mournful wee ballad during Zidane's crybaby emo-trip; The Thing I Must Protect, the mix of Steiner's Theme and Rose of May (Beatrix's Theme), when old Rusty finally confesses his love for the General while under attack from the Mistodons, which is the way love should be.

Seriously kids, as a side note, I want to meet a girl while fighting off ninjas. I will marry her on the spot.

Point is, I've been jamming a few game tracks, and I've been having fun with it. A few days ago, I picked up the music to Aeris' Theme, which damn near all of you should at least have heard of. It sounds beautiful on the guitar. I can play it with my eyes closed, I've been practicing so much.

So, I'm chatting away with Ugh, who is also an axe-wielder, as it were. Think Brutal Legend, but slightly less Jack Black. He's telling me about a couple of songs he's been playing, and I tell him I can play Aeris' Theme.

His EXACT words: "Aeris' Theme...Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is Aeris' Theme?"

The hell? Are you serious? What the eff? How can someone not know?

His response: "Oh that's why... Final Fantasy. I'm not a fan of that game."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

1241676_o.gif

Now, I want you all to do me a HUGE favour, and tell me everything wrong with this scenario. Spare no detail whatsoever.

Additionally, tell me which game themes I should learn! I'm starting postgrad study this year, and need something to stop me going loco.

EDIT: Also, now it appears to be about not sleeping. WHARGARBL.

In my defense, I did say, "Excuse me for my ignorance."
I've been learning some theme songs too. I'm teaching myself The Legend of Zelda overworld theme.

SHIT!!

I'm taking some of Bacchus' Wine and going Beserk on his ass! Then I'm just gonna cast Silence so he shuts up and NEVER UTTERS HORRIFIC WORDS AGAIN!

Ok themes. You may want to check out a topic in General that' going down. A few gems in there, whether they can be turned into rock riffs is up to you:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=15835

My own personal theme I want you to try is "Man with the Machine Gun"....from FF8...but I'm pretty sure you already know of it, and have already tried it. If so...let me hear me brudda!

Blair loves Aeris~! ;)

...I've never heard the song either. You should record yourself playing it for us.

I sure as shit love Aeris.

How could I not? The antithesis to our hero, a romantic idealist who generally believes that conflict can be solved without violence, cut down in her prime?

As they say, you can't compete with the dead. Speaking of which, a little sob story for y'all. I once worked with this girl, and had the hugest crush on her. This was a few years ago, when I still believed in happy endings, around the time I left teh forums. She was cute, and had green eyes with brown flecks in the iris.

Anyway, I go into work one day, and find out that she's been killed in a car accident, while walking to school. I never had the opportunity to tell her that I liked her.

Learn from me, ye singles: Don't waste a moment.

Point is, Aeris' Theme is a beautiful piece of music, and be watched here.

And Matty, I will learn it, just for you.

I don't know what to say to this.
I figured if you were a musician AND a gamer then odds are you have at least heard of these tunes.

Ahead on our way & Fisherman's Horizon are great too.

But, but, malakian... There are two imperatives in the sentence!

Point. Check.
Laugh. Check.

Who am I kidding? I haven't slept in weeks. I'm just glad I'm typing in English.

Links, what is this I don't even.

Seriously, sleep is so underrated. I miss the sweet embrace of Lord Morpheus. The gentle touch of his fingers as he leans in to close your eyes. It is 5am, and I have lectures in 4 hours.

I cannot sleep in my own damn bed, let alone be relaxed in my apartment.

Insomnia in spades, kids. I'm like the narrator of Fight Club.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod