UGH. UGH UGH UGH.

-FCM-

Rookie
Sorry Ugh, not you. This is just mind-bogglingly upsetting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ml?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2|66223

It is incredibly hard to respect a government that passes laws that clearly cannot be enforced.

I know these topics are a dime a dozen, but that's because nothing is being done about the issue. It's so easy to write off advocation for legalization as annoying chatter these days that you forget that it's absolutely ridiculous that people still have to chatter about it.

A fucking SWAT team?!

If you want to take down someone stoned I guarantee a SWAT team is unnecessary. Hell, I could arrest a stoner, just offer him a Boston Cream pie in exchange for co-operating and it's a done deal.

But seriously, that's pretty disturbing and a good example of how warped government mentality is in the US. You have the right to bear arms but God forbid if you puff that joint.

The problem is not that the laws cannot be enforced. The problem is that they're methodologically flawed. The "punish-to-deter" fallacy is the fatal flaw on the war against drug users. Its deterrent effect, particularly against addicted drug users, is dubious at best.

I guess I can see him getting shot if he confronted the cops with a rifle...But something tells me 70 shots is a little excessive.

Green_Lantern said:
I guess I can see him getting shot if he confronted the cops with a rifle...But something tells me 70 shots is a little excessive.

Getting shot just once with a regular bullet instead of with a rubber one is a little excessive. That was just a fucking massacre.

FireWall said:
The problem is not that the laws cannot be enforced. The problem is that they're methodologically flawed. The "punish-to-deter" fallacy is the fatal flaw on the war against drug users. Its deterrent effect, particularly against addicted drug users, is dubious at best.

nailed it.

This thread has 8 replies and 58 views. Which means 50 people clicked on this thread, realised it wasn't about Ugh and carried on.

Green_Lantern said:

Yeah, 70 bullets is a lot to take down 1 guy but the dude pulled out an AR-15. You'd think at one point he could have thought, "Maybe I shouldn't pull out this gun and try take on the SWAT teams".

What I don't get is the fact that they obviously did something wrong, and are trying to cover it up...rather poorly I might add. Why don't they just own up to it and admit a mistake was made.

It's at times like this when we must remain calm and not jump to conclusions which we'll regret. And by "we" I mean the Arizona cops.

But why did the Marine pull his gun out? World is dumb.

I know the area. Pima is a tiny town with a bunch of flunked out football players running the police. I also know that there are a lot of "get off my land" crazies. Not surprised.

1) Definitely reasonable for the police to open fire if they see a guy with a rifle, but they should tell him to drop the gun first, then shoot less than 70 bullets (I think 58 is a better number)

2) Wicked said it best, you don't need the SWAT team to arrest stoners.

3) They should stop spending millions of dollars to have the SWAT team arrest stoners.

For fucks sake America, will you get your shit together?

70 rounds into a man because he was aiming a weapon at you... Instead of, say, yelling 'Police! Drop the weapon' or some such?
Or maybe flashing a badge?

Or not raiding the house of a fucking Marine with his wife and child there for fucking WEED?

Jesus guys.

danielrbischoff said:
BlackStar said:
This thread has 8 replies and 58 views. Which means 50 people clicked on this thread, realised it wasn't about Ugh and carried on.
Terrible

Hey in my defence, i saw this being posted last week on several other sites i frequent.

Just legalise weed for fuck sake. Amsterdam is fine.

Whilst you're at it, get the babes in the window too.

Me for pesident bitches.

Rakon said:
1) Definitely reasonable for the police to open fire if they see a guy with a rifle, but they should tell him to drop the gun first, then shoot less than 70 bullets (I think 58 is a better number)

I chuckled.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... erena.html

Fuck, now reports are saying that his kid came out and saw his dad's body there. If that doesn't mess you up for life, nothing will.

I don't know, it's a different obviously from a department but AZ has some problems with its police officers. There's one incident where a cop was mysteriously found dead in front their headquarters. And one where a cop shot a guy's dog then the guy execution style. Not all cops are bad (the incident where the cop executed a guy, his partner testified against him) but there's some bad eggs in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod