Let's Talk Podcasts

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It seems as though many of you enjoy listening to podcasts, even saying so in the Long Drive thread a little bit back.

But what do you all listen to? I've been trying to find a good podcast to follow along with when they release every week or whenever they do. Pretty much the only podcast I listened to pretty much once a week was the old Destructoid podcast (before they took their year break) and since then I haven't really listened to much. I've listened to Fatman on Batman a few times and it seems ok, just not too compelling for me.

So podcast me, people.

I'm not a huge fan of most Fatman on Batman, besides the Mark Hamill one (mostly because Hamill himself is amazing) and the Grant Morrison one (who spends half the podcast talking about magic, drugs, and out of body experiences in which he understood the universe) but the regular SModcast with Kevin and Scott is fantastic.

Regular listener:

Adam Carolla Show
Adam & Dr. Drew Show
The Besties (Polygon's videogame podcast)
Comedy Bang! Bang! (all-time favorite)
Doug Loves Movies
GR Radio
How Did This Get Made?
The Indoor Kids
Mission Log
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Nerd Poker
Professor Blastoff (maybe second-favorite)

Semi-frequent Listener:
The Alton Browncast (still pretty new though)
Alison Rosen is your New Best Friend (when there's a good guest or topic)
The B.S. Report (when there's a good guest or topic)
The Dave Dameshek Football Program
Dining with Doug & Karen
Fitzdog Radio
The Gameological Society
The Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show
RadioLab
Sawbones (still new, and medical stuff can make me queasy)
Slate's Hang Up and Listen
Slate's Spoiler Special
WTF with Marc Maron

Tried, but don't love:
Pointless with Kevin Pereira
Sessler's Something (no reason this should be video-only)
Sklarbro Country
Who Charted?

I haven't really listened to any of Kevin Smith's smod stuff. There's so much and I don't know what I would like best.

Daaaaang used.

I actually just started listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History tonight and it seems really good.

I used to listen to a lot of podcasts in college when I worked as one of those sign-spinning guys, but now I hardly listen to any at all. WTF is good and I also like MBMBAM.

I'm going to post the TLOU roundtable that Brett, Ugh, and I recorded earlier this week. If you send your question in we'll answer next week.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm not a huge fan of most Fatman on Batman, besides the Mark Hamill one (mostly because Hamill himself is amazing) and the Grant Morrison one (who spends half the podcast talking about magic, drugs, and out of body experiences in which he understood the universe) but the regular SModcast with Kevin and Scott is fantastic.

I enjoyed a lot of the Fat Man on Batman ones, but mostly the ones involving non-comic book talks. The "reviews" of the superhero movies with Ralph Garman are really good to listen too, although not that funny.

But yeah, the SModcast stuff is pretty much top of the list for me in terms of entertainment and comedy. I also have the GR podcasts on there as well, of course, and for me because I like it, the Two Plus Two Poker Podcast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod