Game Themes

Rakon

Rookie
I just saw a list on Screwattack.com of the top ten best video game themes. It was a pretty solid list, although I disagree somewhat with the order. I suggest checking it out. My question is, what's your favourite themes? Here are some of mine:
-Prelude (Final Fantasy)
-Main Theme (Legend of Zelda)
-Aeris' Theme (FF7)

This list can continue for much longer, but I'll stop for now. Now its your turn.

I love the haunting score of Mass Effect. Doesn't really fit a "theme" (though I'm sure it has one I just can't think of it). I'm talking of the simple, deep-toned, score that plays when you're running around battling or driving on an unexplored planet.

Yeah, the Screwattack video was good though I'd disagree with some of the choices (mainly the Final Fantasy and Mega Man).

Some of my my favourites are:
-To Zanarkand (Final Fanasy X)
-Zelda main theme
-rock version of Metroid main theme (Metroid Prime Pinball)
-Mega Man 2 opening
-Blaster Master main theme

The Oblivion theme, the Deus Ex theme, the Lylat Wars theme, the Donkey Kong Country 2 theme, the Doom theme. The theme from Just Cause was actually quite cool too. I know there are so many more...

Edit: The LittleBigPlanet theme tune is probably the most catchy theme tune ever. EVER.

Has anyone else noticed that the Oblivion theme song is very similar to the Pirates of the Carribean theme? Triplane Turmoil has the best music.

Well first of all I don't think there is such a thing as the best video game soundtrack; it is always a matter of opinion.

Then to the point; I do believe a good soundtrack can make or break a game. Even though Metroid Prime has quite a good soundtrack, it doesn't seem to fully collaborate with the game itself.

In my opinion, I still think the most epic video game theme belongs to Knights of the Temple, crappy game but still an amazing job on the main theme.

Overal, I think the best supporting music award goes to the original Lemmings game. Yes, Lemmings. Clever use of music, unheard of at that time, that goes hand in hand with the gameplay.

I also really like the optimistic ambient soundtrack of the Pikmin games.

Kijan said:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ECcDavzJGzU

Mass Effect love theme after the mission on Virmire. I confess, I did feel guilty as I did not wish neither of them to die. It's one of the better musical scores I've heard in games ... simplistic, but it does what it is supposed to do. :)

Wow. That is pretty kick ass. How did I forget about it?

The theme music from the Silent Hill titles has always been top notch imo.

I thought this was about the themes in the stories of video games.....

Oh well....

I have to say I love Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9's music. As well as Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon.

Links, I would have called that thread Themes in Games. I guess I should have been more specific. Another theme I really like is Mario's Rainbow Castle from Mario Party 1 and the most obscure: Select a file from Super Mario 64 (Oh Koji Kondo, you always know how to make my heart sing)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle