Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LOL MAVS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The_Joker

Rookie
surprise LOL MAVS topic

LOL MAVS

Okay seriously, anyone around here like the NBA? I know the sport is seriously dead in recent times, but after not really watching any basketball this season I decided to tune in for the conference finals, and I'll probably watch the finals too.

Anyway, Spurs/Jazz is the biggest zzzzfest there is, Spurs/Suns was obviously the true conference finals in the west, but the East is pretty cool. Two straight 79-76 games, coming down to the wire. I think the Pistons should cruise from this point, but credit to the Cavs for taking it to the brink (and choking LOL).

Also, I feel terrible for the NBA. Another final without an exciting-to-watch superstar. There goes millions on millions of dollars...

So I put a poll up, go ahead and vote in that. For me...I'm really torn on the Cavs/Pistons, since I like both. Not that I think it matters at this point, I think the 2-0 hole is too big. So I want the Pistons to win it all because Billups is a manbeast.

Oh yeah, LOL MAVS

I don't know how the Spurs are doing, but I do like the way the Pistons look. I haven't been watching very regularly, but I wouldn't have expected them to get to the Eastern Conf. finals this year, but I could see them getting the NBA championship again.

I love the pistons and hope they win it all, but man i have a hard time watching these Eastern Conference Finals. Sure, the endings have been pretty exciting, but games where neither team gets to 80? that is some harsh stuff to watch.

The_Joker said:
Also, I feel terrible for the NBA. Another final without an exciting-to-watch superstar. There goes millions on millions of dollars...

You feel terrible for the National Basketball Association? Feel bad for the NHL, but not the NBA :p

Well, I guess I can feel bad that two future megastars from college are going to be lost in Pacific Standard Time purgatory. Of course I'm speaking of Greg Oden and Kevin Durant going 1 and 2 to either Portland or Seattle. Then again, last I read the Supersonics were headed to OKC (wow), but that's a good move for the team (and the NBA, please care for them :p).

Still, Portland gets the number 1 pick. Feel happy for the Trailblazers, and feel bad for the NBA. And count yourself lucky if you ever catch Greg Oden or Kevin Durant in a nationally televised game next season.

Who knows, maybe you'll see Portland in the playoffs next year? They have a solid, young team set for the future. Maybe they'll slide into the playoffs as an eighth seeded team only to knock out the top seeded Mavs, if nothing else. Yep, LOL MAVS.

San Antonio gets the ring this year. Hopefully Detroit makes it interesting.

This is a pretty boring final semifinals, and so far the biggest story has been Lebron James. I think he's definately proving that he is not yet anywhere near the level of MJ status. I Know he is only like 22, but I hate how the same sports analysts that say he already is/is going to be the next MJ go into super defensive mode when he plays bad citing his age as the reason.

I'm pulling for the pistons but I think the spurs are going to win it. I think the biggest NBA event of the week was the lottery, i'm soooo glad the celtics dropped like they did. I wanted both Oden and Durant to go to the eastern conference, but Boston deserved that bad Karma for intentionally tanking at the end of the year.

Don't laugh at the Mavs. They just had some bad luck, of running into the team that matches up best with them when that specific team was at it hottest.

gah, if the bulls hadnt fallen asleep in the first 3 games of the detroit series, they would be heading straight to the finals, where they would probably lose to san antonio

I dont exactly want the pistons to win but i think they're just all around better there not selfish and they spread the ball well

Any free sites showing the games? Unfortunately I seem to have absolutely no way of seeing them...

After seeing highlight reels of last nights game between the Pistons and Cavs, I think the streak Cleveland is putting on is phenomenal, Lebron James is doing an excellent job, and I think they will win the championship for the east when they face the Spurs.

To be honest...I think last night was more memorable and more spectacular than the games that Jordan and Magic would do.

Jordan and Magic always had good teammates. Guys to help him take over games. Who does James have? Big Z? Gooden? Eric SLOW? Please.

What happened last night, was one guy beating the best team in the Eastern Conference by himself. Completely by himself. No one else on his team could even make a shot. And he did this against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, on the Road.

I've always said he was overrated, won't live up to the hype. But this may of been one of those coming out games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133