My cousin just encountered the most infuriating glitch.

Diabolus

Rookie
In Oblivion for 360. He has 400+ hours. Several minutes after loading his last save, all fire/campfires/etc freeze in the game. When he shoots a fireball at the wall, it sticks there and doesn't disappear.

Any attempt to load a game saved after the glitch occured results in a half-filled loading bar which will not finish loading. Any save loaded prior to the glitch results in a recurrence of the glitch.

The only thing I can say is, thank Christ I'm playing the PS3 version.

Diabolus said:
Funny you say that even though Oblivion runs better on the 360.

Oblivion was built for the PC - now, out of the 2 consoles, PS3 and 360, Which do you think was an easier port for them?
Remembering the fact that the Xbox 360 is running DirectX 9.5 - an upgraded version of DirectX 9 for windows?

My old saves were well past the 600 hour mark, running Shivering Isles & everything else you can think of, and the only glitch i ever had was one where i would randomly lose random things from a certain storage box from the Dark Brotherhood hand out..
Not all that major for a 3 year old game modded up.

Is it made by Bethseda? Because My Fallout 3 game on 360 freezes fairly frequently now.

madster111 said:
Diabolus said:
Funny you say that even though Oblivion runs better on the 360.

Oblivion was built for the PC - now, out of the 2 consoles, PS3 and 360, Which do you think was an easier port for them?
Remembering the fact that the Xbox 360 is running DirectX 9.5 - an upgraded version of DirectX 9 for windows?

My old saves were well past the 600 hour mark, running Shivering Isles & everything else you can think of, and the only glitch i ever had was one where i would randomly lose random things from a certain storage box from the Dark Brotherhood hand out..
Not all that major for a 3 year old game modded up.

lol. My cousin is actually playing my copy of Oblivion. I own both copies, and the PS3 one is the better version. It loads much faster, there are less glitches, and it has a further level of detail distance. The data is actually duplicated four times on the blu-ray(to fill up space, and make it easier for the cpu to find the data it's searching for).

Now if we're talking about Fallout 3(also made by Bethesda), then the 360 version is superior.

As you guys may or may not know, I get press releases in my mail. A week ago a list of bugs for Fallout 3 that were being fixed was posted. This was the best:

Fixed issue where dead NPCs would occasionally come back to life.

Oh, if you guys didn't know, supposedly there in an infinite caps exploit in Strictly Business quest.

Of course Oblivion has shorter load times, less glitches, etc. The game is downloaded to the hard drive. I did not know that the game data is duplicated on the disc though. Tis interesting.

mickey_P said:
Of course Oblivion has shorter load times, less glitches, etc. The game is downloaded to the hard drive. I did not know that the game data is duplicated on the disc though. Tis interesting.

I remembered reading about it a while back. This is old, but I guess it fixed the slow loading problem.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7715

My cousin and I bought the game of the year editions on the same day. I got the PS3 version, he got the 360 version. The longer he played the game, the more frequently it would freeze and glitch, and eventually it got so bad that he couldn't really play it anymore. So I gave him my copy of plain jane Oblivion so he could try it on his machine. It seemed to help for a while(although the Shivering Isles and KotN won't load). But now he just encountered this horrible glitch.

Maybe he's just had really bad luck with the game.

Obviously you don't have Oblivion downloaded onto your 360.

The viewing distance is just as good when OB is loaded onto the HDD of the 360, and i dare say it actually loads slightly faster.

And if we want to get all serious on Glitches all of a sudden
My PC version of Oblivion last year was reaching near 700 hours with 13gb of gameplay and graphic mods, and game fixes on it.
It never glitched once, even when i was running 21FPS because the graphics were MAXED out, and the textures were taking 2gb of ram up on their own.

Diabolus said:
Lies. Oblivion never glitches. Just ask Madster.
Yes it does.
LAST year i had almost no glitches..

2007 on the other hand, i had a stack of them while i was sorting stuff out.
And my 360 refused to go outdoors anymore after a 120hr + save went bad.

- What i'm saying is; there SHOULDN'T be anymore glitches because they fixed most if not all of them in the 3 years.

madster111 said:
Diabolus said:
Lies. Oblivion never glitches. Just ask Madster.
Yes it does.
LAST year i had almost no glitches..

2007 on the other hand, i had a stack of them while i was sorting stuff out.
And my 360 refused to go outdoors anymore after a 120hr + save went bad.

So wait. You had no glitches in 08 or 06?

I never encountered a glitch on Oblivion (for X360) that wasn't solved by turning off the Xbox and clearing the cache. I'm assuming you know how to do both of those, so sorry bud! Tell your cuz I just cast a Spell of +5 Feel For Ya in his direction.

used44 said:
I never encountered a glitch on Oblivion (for X360) that wasn't solved by turning off the Xbox and clearing the cache. I'm assuming you know how to do both of those, so sorry bud! Tell your cuz I just cast a Spell of +5 Feel For Ya in his direction.

Did you read the link above? Apparently it affects all three versions, although the PC version is fixable with a patch(a patch not made by Bethesda). If it happens on the 360 or PS3 you're just plain shit outta luck. Isn't that nice?

That's dedication to the fans right there. No wonder they get butthurt when you say something negative about the game.

All of you guys talking about Oblivion for 360 and PS3 arguing which one is superior, i got one up on all of you.

I'm playing the PC version. Arguably superior controls (Mouse and Keyboard are faster and more precise than a gamepad), and mod support. PC Oblivion players get fan-made mods! Also, the PC version has a set of fan-made, unofficial patches that fix way more bugs than any of the official patches did, and have practically no compatibility issues.

Mods can add anything from new quest lines, to new weapons and armor, alternative houses, new dungeons to even new playable races. Console version players don't get any of that. Too bad for you.

Squiggy said:
All of you guys talking about Oblivion for 360 and PS3 arguing which one is superior, i got one up on all of you.

I'm playing the PC version. Arguably superior controls (Mouse and Keyboard are faster and more precise than a gamepad), and mod support. PC Oblivion players get fan-made mods! Also, the PC version has a set of fan-made, unofficial patches that fix way more bugs than any of the official patches did, and have practically no compatibility issues.

Mods can add anything from new quest lines, to new weapons and armor, alternative houses, new dungeons to even new playable races. Console version players don't get any of that. Too bad for you.

You know, I've never once encountered someone with the opinion that PC gaming is better than console gaming. Never ever. I also don't own a PC myself or anything. I'm posting with an abacus.

Squiggy, do you have the Hilarity Spells mod. It is so awesome.

One of the spells drops horses on people, and one sends them 1000 feet in the air where they fall to their death.

People who either simply don't have good PCs (me) or decide to buy Oblivion on their console because that's what they have all of their other games on are people too.

So please, be charitable, and send me a gaming rig.

Diabolus said:
used44 said:

Did you read the link above? Apparently it affects all three versions, although the PC version is fixable with a patch(a patch not made by Bethesda). If it happens on the 360 or PS3 you're just plain s*** outta luck. Isn't that nice?

That's dedication to the fans right there. No wonder they get butthurt when you say something negative about the game.

No I didn't read the link above, because I'm not the one having problems. I just added "(for Xbox360)" to say that was the console I've played on. i wasn't saying it was immune to the glitch or anything.

*casts spell of Hugs and Kisses*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod