Most Annoying Enemies

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What annoying game enemies have plagued your epic game sesh, bro?

541542-morwnd_20080113_204646b_super.png

Cliff racers in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

halo-flood--article_image.jpg

Tiny infectious flood in Halo: Combat Evolved

Deathclaws from Fallout New Vegas. If you let one get the drop on you or get swarmed by a pack of them, they ruin your shit. Quickly.

640px-Deathclaw_attack.jpg

Cutters - Dead Nation
cutterq.jpg

Especially once you start playing on the harder difficulties. I shot those damn things with a rocket launcher 10 times and they still come running at you.

Zombies - Ocarina of Time
scaledphpserver585filen.jpg

It was always frustrating having these things set their gaze on you and scream. Thus freezing you and making it impossible to do anything while they close in and chomp on your head.

Shredder - TMNT Aracde game
shredder4player.png

He was very annoying, and it just got more and more annoying having to go through ten dollars in quarters just to beat his ass.

Tasers - Pay Day: The Heist
Taser.jpg

One shot from those guys and you're pretty much done for. You just stand there getting shocked unable to move until you either die or someone on your team takes him down. Very very annoying.

Bolters - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmanre
rdr20undead20nightmare2.jpg

I love all the zombies in red dead, except for these guys. They run on all fours and are incredibly fast and tough to kill.

Hammer Bros - Super Mario Bros
hardmariolevelsten620x.jpg

Or more specificly, the hammer bros in world 8-3. I think I still get anxiety from those guys on that level.

Mike Tyson - Punch Out
tyson.gif

Apparently the guy is invincible. I remember having a subscription to Nintendo Power and in 1997 they had a ten year anniversary section for Mike Tyson's Punch Out. In the article it stated that back in the late 80's, only four people had won against him and those were all by decision. As time went on, people proved he could be beaten however I'm not sure if those people were cheating and modded the game. Regardless he's my #1 most annoying and frustrating. Because what's more annoying than an enemy you just can't defeat?

chupacabra920.jpg

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Chupacabra

This horrible piece of crap. Not only does he still all my magics and special equipments. He has the nerve to taunt me! I worked hard to get those boots and gauntlets and you think you can just steal it from me? Latinos...jeez. But the high-pitched taunting! And then when I finally work my way over to him...POOF! He's gone and you have to run somewhere else! On top of that, you never actually get to kill him.

But seriously, there is nothing worse than losing all your gear and having to fight your way through a swarm without half of your special combos.

Marlboros from the FF series

Malboro_FF10.jpg

The breath attack with all the status effects was such a pain in the ass.

Metal slimes from the Dragon Quest series

a_metal_slime_draws_near.png

Amazing exp....when you could actually kill them before they ran away.

123707diff.jpg

Ambush meant half your party would be dead and the other half poisoned beyond belief, or the usual total party kill before you could move.

I agree with C_nate about Deathclaws. They're assholes. You would think the Blind Deathclaws would be easier to kill. Nope! They're able to find you just like the others.

How about Wretches from Gears of War?
Wretches.jpg

It's their annoying high-pitch screech. At least you get to shoot them to shut them up.

UrbanMasque said:
This a$$hole if you ever find yourself on foot

rdr-cougar.jpg
I liked fighting these guys.
WickedLiquid said:
Zombies - Ocarina of Time
scaledphpserver585filen.jpg

It was always frustrating having these things set their gaze on you and scream. Thus freezing you and making it impossible to do anything while they close in and chomp on your head.
Dear God yes.

Actually, I was just about to post a better, more actual version of that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

"Life inside a coffin is a lonely one indeed, but it gave Mot ample time to surf GameFAQs. During his quest for video game nirvana, he discovered an interesting little spell known as Beast Eye; a move which creates extra turns from nothing.

"How very quaint", he thought to himself. "I wonder what would happen if I were to cast it repeatedly." Mot eyed his codebreaker hungrily.

- How I Broke My Controller, by Jim Reaper"

Well, this guy is using lower leveled characters, but still.

Also, bats, in just about every game they appear in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle