MGS Film

schimmel

Rookie
DISCLAIMER: I didn't know whether to put this in general gaming or misc so it ended up in general gaming

Apparently Metal Gear Solid is being turned into an actual movie. Hideo Kojima is providing the story and plot (obviously) and our very own Solid Snake (David Hayter) is writing the screenplay.
Am I late on this announcement? I don't know
Here is the IMDB page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

David Hayter's script was apparently rejected in favor of the guy who did Ultraviolet. Fucking Ultraviolet! David Hayter wrote the screenplay for the first Xmen movie, the only good one, and this dick named Michael DeLuca refused him and Paul Thomas Anderson (who directed There Will Be Blood) in favor of the guy who did Ultraviolet. So, fuck Michael DeLuca is what I'm getting at here.

TheNesMan said:
Mgs the movie? Isn't that what the games are?
ohsnap.gif

So, I've decided to make an MGS broadway play. The codec scenes will be pitch black and have a picture projected on the curtains, which will allow the people to change the set. And for Psycho Mantis, I will have him fly out into the crowd while on wires, where he will make fun of all the people. Then he'll make the curtains fall, and Snake will have to have his double come in and fight with him, so Mantis can't tell which one he is for a split second while the real Snake shoots him.

You know, they already made four Metal Gear Solid movies, believe it or not. Here's the list for them:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of Liberty

Lord_Fornelius said:
You know, they already made four Metal Gear Solid movies, believe it or not. Here's the list for them:

Metal Gear Solid
-1 for copying my joke.

TheNesMan said:
Lord_Fornelius said:

Metal Gear Solid
-1 for copying my joke.

Actually, I coppied the joke from Nick Tan in one of the GR podcasts.

MGS4 is Guns of the Patriots.

And the theatrical value of it surpasses that of all games and most movies.

Lord_Fornelius said:
TheNesMan said:
Lord_Fornelius said:

Metal Gear Solid
-1 for copying my joke.

Actually, I coppied the joke from Nick Tan in one of the GR podcasts.
I don't listen to the podcast. Either way, -1 for you.

I once read about a Metroid movie in a EGM in Spanish mag (from the Wind Waker days). I've never heard of an MGS movie... But it sounds beter than a PacMan flick I guess.

So much potential... Playing the MGS games does feel a little like watching the Lord of the Rings movies on steroids.

But... Script writter from Ultraviolet, an 8% freshness movie according to RottenTomatoes, versus 80% for X-Men? Yep, they're doing a mistake by dupping Hayter. But be glad, guys: at least Ooooowe Boll hasn't been mentioned. Yet.

Yeah, I've heard of this.

The rumours were going around that apparently, Uwe Boll claimed that Konami had sent him a script for a Metal Gear Solid movie and he was thinking about doing it - Hideo Kojima however countered that this was an utter lie, and if there ever was a Metal Gear Solid movie, it'd be Hideo directing/writing it, not Uwe Boll.

From what I heard, apparently there will be a Metal Gear Solid movie, scheduled for 2009 or 2010, not too sure what the rumours were.

The rumours though for Snake, was that Hideo Kojima was thinking about two possibilities. Christian Bale, or Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn from Lord of the Rings). Apparently, David Hayter wants/wanted the film to be CGI animated so he could supply Snake's voice, but apparently as well, the film will be live action.

Personally, I think Christian Bale would be the absolute bomb as Solid Snake. Apparently in an interview, Christian Bale expressed interest in playing Snake, going on about how he'd like to play a "hero with a mullet".

Your thoughts guys?

I think Christial Bale would make a good Solid Snake but David Hayter should still do the voice because that is what Snake sounds like. Doesn't matter who would make a good character model, no Hayter voice no Snake imo

schimmel said:
I think Christial Bale would make a good Solid Snake but David Hayter should still do the voice because that is what Snake sounds like. Doesn't matter who would make a good character model, no Hayter voice no Snake imo

Hayter's voice is paramount, but I believe the perfect Solid/Naked Snake would be Robert De Niro. Why? Deer Hunter, a 1978 movie:

The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg

DeerNiro2_sm.jpg

... Ok, so those days are long gone. I just don't want to see Milla Jovovich as Meryll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle