• The Truth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give a sh!t

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Best review ever.

And am glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to piss on those who expect me to respect their beliefs.

:twisted: Religion sux :twisted:

i, too think "religion sux", but a logical approach is a better way of dissuasion than confrontation.

Well i unfortunately not part of the "in crowd". I dont belive in religion, i believe in spiritualism.

Its so uncool today to diss on peoples beliefs. sad really.

downwitdaclown69 said:
What are you going to do. As long as there is difference there will be ignorance and intolerance. it is sad but true.

meh, what do ya expect. people establish their own beliefs and that's their way of coping with the world and giving their life meaning. so when they're exposed to others who have conflicting ideas and values, seldom do they have the capacity to be understanding or respectful. just realize nothing is absolute and you can choose what you want to believe but don't expect it to be a natural law for everyone to follow.

Respect for religions is as detrimental to society as respect for age; race or gender. Contrary to Richard Dawkins, disrepect of religions is far more dangerous and offensive than the perceived dangers of religion he flaunts continually.

I found the Left Behind review to be really funny... like Survivor: The Game funny. Maybe it was just me.

Respect for religions is as detrimental to society as respect for age; race or gender.

FALSE. A person is not granted a choice about his age, race and gender. Therefore those things must be respected and I do respect them.
Religion on the other hand, is some insane belief that you chose to follow and in no way, shape or form do I have to bow down and respect what you chose to believe is true.

What's insane in believing in something you can't prove one way or another.. isn't it just as insane to believe that you know every religious person to be wrong, since you can't prove that either?

I dislike religions as an institute too, but I have nothing against believing and believers. Just becouse I don't believe doesn't mean this is the only or right way...

But yes, I loved the review. These reviews are the reason I love GR (Lumines II review was also just wonderful!) But I think you're seriously ruining it by taking it too seriously and taking it to this level...

downwitdaclown69 said:
Not really. It's appropiate when people make religious claims without sufficient evidence or even basic logic and reason behind it. Like the reviewer said, i respect their right to believe what they want, not their actual beliefs. However, i seldom challenge peoples beliefes because i see no point in it. I know they won't change their beliefs so i don't bother.

BoBzeBuilder said:
Respect for religions is as detrimental to society as respect for age; race or gender.

FALSE. A person is not granted a choice about his age, race and gender. Therefore those things must be respected and I do respect them.
Religion on the other hand, is some insane belief that you chose to follow and in no way, shape or form do I have to bow down and respect what you chose to believe is true.

If that is true then surely every thesis in the world shouldn't be respected? I may not believe in the Big Bang Theory (I do happen to by the way), but I still respect it and the free choice to believe in it. Granted there's nothing like a healthy critique to strengthen a idea (many in the Muslim world could learn from this), yet general criticism based on personal opposing belief should by no means be called an analytical critique, should it?

P.S. Choice of gender is an option, but that's besides the point.

BoBzeBuilder said:
Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Best review ever.

And am glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to piss on those who expect me to respect their beliefs.

:twisted: Religion sux :twisted:

Well, sure. I can see the logic in being a little confused or even slightly agitated to another attempting to "force" their beliefs upon you. Although, wouldn't this be more of a ..persuasion considering all the overtones (despite the obvious content of the game) I for one, am not personally one who likes the idea of one forcing anothers beliefs upon one who doesn't follow them..but I don't believe you should build unnecessary animosity towards a game and then direct it at people and generalize. Regardless, if it was a bad game, it was. Yay.

unctarheels said:
Hey BoBzeBuildtard, you try to prove there isn't a God, i'll try to prove there is one; we can race. Ready? Go.
The burden of proof always lies upon the believers, not the non-believers.

No no. You believe that something exists without sufficient evidence. It's cool that you believe that, i can respect that. Yet, the proof needs to come from the one claiming that something exists out there. I'm simply an atheist because there's no evidence to suggest that a god exists.

What happens when we die?

edit: I didn't mean this as a smartass question in order to argue with athiests, but I was wondering what athiests thought happened when someone dies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133