Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by BoBzeBuilder, Nov 29, 2006.

?

Religion

Poll closed Dec 2, 2006.
  1. SuX aZZ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Truth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't give a sh!t

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BoBzeBuilder

BoBzeBuilder Rookie

Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Best review ever.

And am glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to piss on those who expect me to respect their beliefs.

:twisted: Religion sux :twisted:

2. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

You only have 1 post and i already want to stab you.

3. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

i, too think "religion sux", but a logical approach is a better way of dissuasion than confrontation.

4. downwitdaclown69

Well i unfortunately not part of the "in crowd". I dont belive in religion, i believe in spiritualism.

Its so uncool today to diss on peoples beliefs. sad really.

5. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

What are you going to do. As long as there is difference there will be ignorance and intolerance. it is sad but true.

6. Krowsnose

Krowsnose Rookie

meh, what do ya expect. people establish their own beliefs and that's their way of coping with the world and giving their life meaning. so when they're exposed to others who have conflicting ideas and values, seldom do they have the capacity to be understanding or respectful. just realize nothing is absolute and you can choose what you want to believe but don't expect it to be a natural law for everyone to follow.

7. The_Cookster

The_Cookster Rookie

Respect for religions is as detrimental to society as respect for age; race or gender. Contrary to Richard Dawkins, disrepect of religions is far more dangerous and offensive than the perceived dangers of religion he flaunts continually.

8. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I found the Left Behind review to be really funny... like Survivor: The Game funny. Maybe it was just me.

9. BoBzeBuilder

BoBzeBuilder Rookie

FALSE. A person is not granted a choice about his age, race and gender. Therefore those things must be respected and I do respect them.
    Religion on the other hand, is some insane belief that you chose to follow and in no way, shape or form do I have to bow down and respect what you chose to believe is true.

10. Haydi

Haydi Rookie

What's insane in believing in something you can't prove one way or another.. isn't it just as insane to believe that you know every religious person to be wrong, since you can't prove that either?

I dislike religions as an institute too, but I have nothing against believing and believers. Just becouse I don't believe doesn't mean this is the only or right way...

But yes, I loved the review. These reviews are the reason I love GR (Lumines II review was also just wonderful!) But I think you're seriously ruining it by taking it too seriously and taking it to this level...

11. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Not really. It's appropiate when people make religious claims without sufficient evidence or even basic logic and reason behind it. Like the reviewer said, i respect their right to believe what they want, not their actual beliefs. However, i seldom challenge peoples beliefes because i see no point in it. I know they won't change their beliefs so i don't bother.

12. The_Cookster

The_Cookster Rookie

If that is true then surely every thesis in the world shouldn't be respected? I may not believe in the Big Bang Theory (I do happen to by the way), but I still respect it and the free choice to believe in it. Granted there's nothing like a healthy critique to strengthen a idea (many in the Muslim world could learn from this), yet general criticism based on personal opposing belief should by no means be called an analytical critique, should it?

P.S. Choice of gender is an option, but that's besides the point.

13. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

That Post script of yours is awesome Cook.

14. Miscarriage

Miscarriage Rookie

Well, sure. I can see the logic in being a little confused or even slightly agitated to another attempting to "force" their beliefs upon you. Although, wouldn't this be more of a ..persuasion considering all the overtones (despite the obvious content of the game) I for one, am not personally one who likes the idea of one forcing anothers beliefs upon one who doesn't follow them..but I don't believe you should build unnecessary animosity towards a game and then direct it at people and generalize. Regardless, if it was a bad game, it was. Yay.

15. unctarheels

unctarheels Rookie

Hey BoBzeBuildtard, you try to prove there isn't a God, i'll try to prove there is one; we can race. Ready? Go.

16. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

The burden of proof always lies upon the believers, not the non-believers.

17. unctarheels

unctarheels Rookie

Ok then he believe's there is no God, and I do not believe that God does not exist.

18. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

No no. You believe that something exists without sufficient evidence. It's cool that you believe that, i can respect that. Yet, the proof needs to come from the one claiming that something exists out there. I'm simply an atheist because there's no evidence to suggest that a god exists.

19. unctarheels

unctarheels Rookie

What happens when we die?

edit: I didn't mean this as a smartass question in order to argue with athiests, but I was wondering what athiests thought happened when someone dies.

20. reservoirdog

reservoirdog Rookie

An atheist would believe that once you die you don't exist anymore. End of story.