• SuX aZZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Truth

• Don't give a sh!t

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!! RELIGON ROCKS!!!!

I mean, cmon, without religon, no christmas, no ramadan, no depa vali (argh, spelling), no chinese new year, and so on. cmon man, public holidays all fall on religon, bring on any religon, for hell, bring back the old norse, roman and greek gods man. GOD, I LOVE RELIGON.

There are two types of atheists: 1. People who have given it some thought that are generally more influenced by science. 2. People who want attention.

Was the review funny? In parts. Was some of it incredibly and overly offensive? Absolutely.

People who are absolutely convinced atheism is a more realistic view than religion or spritualism in some form are ignorant and unworldly. It's that simple. Tell me why the Earth is here. The Universe? Okay, where did the Universe come from? The Big Bang? Okay, how did the Big Bang start? Vibrating lines and particles? Where did they come from? Why were they there? What caused anything? Why is there existence?

This isn't some intense wave of atheism belief that will usher in an era of Universal lack of religion. Beliefs are fads. It's that simple. What's cool to believe in or not believe in now will not be in the same spots 100 years from now. That's how Western society has been since The Enlightenment, perhaps even sooner.

^^^zero point energy. quite literally something from nothing.

i myself must be labeled agnostic. while there is no proof of the existance of a god, i must conceed that there is likewise no proof against one either.

Exactly Nesman it goes both ways, which is why he said it is ignorant to completely disregard the IDEA that the universe could be created by a higher being. Athiests can not prove the universe created itself anymore than christians can prove that god can.

No one can prove for sure that god doesn't exist, in the same way you can't prove Santa or Dragons don't exist.
There is no reason for me to believe in a god, the same way I don't believe in dragons. There is no evidence for dragons, neither is there any evidence for god.

A lot of religous dudes use the origin of the universe as their argument.

Well, one can easily assume (as I do) that the universe always existed, because there is some good science supporting this. Or that we don't exist. They may sound insane but they are more probable than the almighty lord.

^ There is absolutely no proof of almost anything we know about the Universe. We humans think of ourselves as intelligent. We're not.

The argument from causality is inherently flawed in that causality is a property of existence. Existence cannot be "caused", causality occurs inside of existence. Much like the theist would argue that God wasn't caused he simply always "is" and always "was", the same can be argued for existence. The difference is that we observe one, while we don't observe the other.

unctarheels said:
Exactly Nesman it goes both ways, which is why he said it is ignorant to completely disregard the IDEA that the universe could be created by a higher being. Athiests can not prove the universe created itself anymore than christians can prove that god can.
You also can't disprove that flying purple monkeys exist, yet they most likely don't. There's no proof that they do not exist, yet there's no proof that they do exist. Which side would you take? The side that claims it doesn't exist because of no evidence or the side that claims it does exist yet has no evidence. Like i said, the burden of proof is on the believer.

BoBzeBuilder said:
No one can prove for sure that god doesn't exist, in the same way you can't prove Santa or Dragons don't exist.
There is no reason for me to believe in a god, the same way I don't believe in dragons. There is no evidence for dragons, neither is there any evidence for god.

If you're going to argue from that perspective you might as well realise the ironic consequence that there's equally no argument otherwise, therefore making (from this perspective) agnosticism the most valid option.

Well, one can easily assume (as I do) that the universe always existed, because there is some good science supporting this.

Utilising Occam's razor, Swinburne argued that essentially a creator deity was the simplistic (ergo plausible) answer. Furthermore from the scientific perspective surely red shift opposes this?

-FCM- said:
^Where did the energy come from though?

...its zero. point. energy. i took the time to learn religious stuff for the first half of my life. perhaps you should crack a science book.

If you're going to argue from that perspective you might as well realise the ironic consequence that there's equally no argument otherwise, therefore making (from this perspective) agnosticism the most valid option.

I don't see the logic in this. Yes, its true that nothing in the span of our knowledge may be absolutely certain, but by analyzing the probability of a situation, it would make sense to come up with a definite conclusion.
No evidence supports god, but no evidence supports otherwise. Mighty god, along with dragons and fairies are a figment of our imagination, or a creation of the human mind.

If mind can come up with an infinite number of imaginary characters, then it would be stupid imo to respect each character as plausible, since there exists no evidence against them.

...its zero. point. energy. i took the time to learn religious stuff for the first half of my life. perhaps you should crack a science book.

It would suprise the average Joe to know that matter = energy and that the sum of all energy in the universe = 0

TheNesMan said:
You also can't disprove that flying purple monkeys exist, yet they most likely don't. There's no proof that they do not exist, yet there's no proof that they do exist. Which side would you take? The side that claims it doesn't exist because of no evidence or the side that claims it does exist yet has no evidence. Like i said, the burden of proof is on the believer.

No no NesMan I completely understand what you mean with the burden of proof. Its the entire idea behind the Flying Spagetti Monster! What i'm saying is that is you can't prove the Big Bang (or any theories like it) either, so as FCM said, people who blindly say those who believe in a higher being are idiots, are no better than preachers at mega churches who yell at darwinists for a living.

edit: Oh and paradox, isn't zero point energy in a cosmological sense also sort of a...theory? And as for energy coming from a vacuum,...where did the vacuum come from? I'm just not a big fan of that idea.

a theory, yes, but one with plenty of supporting evidence. and where did the vaccum come from? what kind of question is that? a vaccum by definition is the absence of any and everything. albeit, even empty space still has particulates, but for all intents and purposes...even the name 'space' implys just what it means.

I don't really care if other people believe in god. It's when they begin to criticize atheism that i jump in and say hold on.

TheNesMan said:
I don't really care if other people believe in god. It's when they begin to criticize atheism that i jump in and say hold on.

I'm the same way with the roles reversed. I guess eventually we all will (or won't haha) find out what is right when we die!

And Paradox I didn't mean what is a vacuum, I meant if something came from nothing...where did the empty space come from? How can empty space just exist? I don't know, I don't see how there can be an answer, but if science proves me wrong then so be it.

It's real simple for me, as a deist.

God is real, and God is interpreted by the various religions in their own special way, so the christian faith, muslim fatih, pagan religions, greek gods, etc, are all the same.

The only thing that is different is that all of the books, the koran, the bible, the torah, are essentially not real, and are ficticious and just good stories that they wrote.

So for me, there probably is a god or something, but all the books and "rules" about it are not true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod