Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Truth

• Don't give a sh!t

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BoBzeBuilder said:
I don't see the logic in this. Yes, its true that nothing in the span of our knowledge may be absolutely certain, but by analyzing the probability of a situation, it would make sense to come up with a definite conclusion.

How is that applied to an argument where an equal lack of probability comes into play? You can't just cite lack of experience as a reason for improbability.

LinksOcarina said:
The only thing that is different is that all of the books, the koran, the bible, the torah, are essentially not real, and are ficticious and just good stories that they wrote.

Ficticious in the sense of not being literally true, or entirely false? What of the reference to Christ Tacitus makes? Either way saying the Torah is untrue is hardly revelationary.

Personally, I believe that perfect science and perfect religion are essentially the same thing. Thus as imperfect beings, it'll be impossible to be completely perfect in either sense, so we as individuals seek for ourselves to find the most perfect, or in other words, the most true, aspect of both/either religion and/or science.

TheNesMan said:
unctarheels said:
Exactly Nesman it goes both ways, which is why he said it is ignorant to completely disregard the IDEA that the universe could be created by a higher being. Athiests can not prove the universe created itself anymore than christians can prove that god can.
You also can't disprove that flying purple monkeys exist, yet they most likely don't. There's no proof that they do not exist, yet there's no proof that they do exist. Which side would you take? The side that claims it doesn't exist because of no evidence or the side that claims it does exist yet has no evidence. Like i said, the burden of proof is on the believer.

No offense NesMan, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster arguement is the most tragically stupid and pointless "intellectual" "arguement" ever to be born. To sum up all the mysteries of life into "what if I told you there was a Flying Spaghetti Monster and you can't disprove it" or flying purple monkeys or what have you is a tragedy. There's a reason why we don't believe there's a flying spaghetti monster or flying purple monkeys. It's fucking stupid. Everything seems to have to be black and white with the scientific community. You're either an atheist or you believe in Flying Spaghetti Monsters. If you want to play it that game, I can say you either believe in God or you're a satan-worshipping horsef*cker. It's a tragedy that the guy that invented that thing thinks he's being so clever. What's worse is that people actually support his ignorant, stupid idea.

Worst of all, he's so one-sided and absolutely convinced that he's a fucking Saint for coming up with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that he doesn't realize that, from an objective point of view, atheism is absolutely no more credible than religion. What if I just turned the tables and said "Why do you believe in atheism because it can't be disproven? What if I told you you weren't a faggot for belittling the intelligence of the religioius people of the world by convincing easily influenced tools that believing in God is as ridiculous as believing in a Flying Spaghetti Monster? Would you believe in that, just because it can't be disproven?" Only it can, because that guy's a fucking faggot.

I think that, in a post where you defend the intelligence of religious people, you should refrain from using the word 'faggot' since, more or less, it shows to everyone that you're an idiot.

-FCM- said:
What's worse is that people actually support his ignorant, stupid idea.

Yeah, since your post proved that you and your Christian self aren't ignorant or stupid.

Way to be like Jesus, FCM! I'm sure Jesus approves of your actions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod