Incapable of Intelligent Response?

knuts

Rookie
In response to Jesus vs Zelda: There Can Be Only One, I would like to call upon the GR staff to respond properly to the so called 'hate mail', in particularly that of the Christians.

First of all I would like to state that, although I am a Christian, I did not at all like the Left Behind books and am sure the game is equally as awful.
I realize there is a lot of 'Christian' shit out there, which is mainly just an easy way of making money (see any Christian romance novel or TV program), gaining support (see George Bush), or to fear you into believing (see Passion of the Christ and Left Behind). Furthermore, I do not agree with many of the responses to that review, however, they are worthy of a proper response. And even Left Behind is worthy of a non-biased review.

Now, there could be several reasons for your inappropriate replies and hateful reviews:
1) You are lazy and unwilling to put forth a proper response
2) You are lazy or unwilling to do proper research
3) You are incapable of reading long responses
4) You insist on making every response 'witty'
5) You long for attention (Publicity stunt!)
6) You enjoy laughing at the anger/frustration of others
7) It makes you feel special
8) You wish to alienate many readers and gain a limited audience with viewers similar to you
9) Your a hater
10) Your mother doesn't love you (I'm testing out your immature, unintelligent, about a subject you know nothing about policy)

And Duke, Its not about respecting everyones beliefs, its about not commenting on shit you know nothing about.

And remember, The Duke Ferris cult does not exist.

I'm going to respond to you knuts. I assume this is about the mailbag.

Out of the 10 possible reasons you listed, here are the two correct ones:

Here's the thing; the mailbag is a comedy piece on GR where they poke fun at the feedback they get. NOT posting a witty response would be a huge disappointment for those of us who read the mailbag for a laugh. It would be like Comedy Central playing dramas, it just doesn't make sense.

thanks mc. i just wish he had sent me that mail before zelda vs jesus. one more for jesus!

oh, and the cult of duke does exist. it's just a cult of one.

d

dUKE said:
thanks mc. i just wish he had sent me that mail before zelda vs jesus. one more for jesus!

oh, and the cult of duke does exist. it's just a cult of one.

d
I'd be willing to join a duke cult.
Can i give you a high five?

I'm consider myself more-so Christian, but a bit Agnostic too.

I wasn't really offended by the mail bag, or the review. ALOT of Christians can be very narrow minded. You need to open your mind. If you believe in god, and you believe in heaven and hell. Just try to not let offensive things bother you, because if these people don't change their ways. They'll be doomed. Just be like, "Meh you're doomed."

Also stop being so narrow minded. Sure believe in god, but still develop your own opinions on things. God gave you the brain to do so....

A reverend told me god doesn't condemn you for doubting, but for disbelieving.

*Sigh* All this over a game review.....
BTW: I think Duke is a great reviewer.

Not a great reviewer, one of the best reviewers...

Really if Christians weren't so up themselves in there faithful duty to preach there beliefs to everyone like it was Fact, rather than Faith... I think a couple or several Crusades for the cross could have been bipassed don't you think?

I've heard alot about Christians being very forgiving and accepting... but as soon as you relatively take a different opinion on there beliefs or goals the bludgeon stick soon surfaces. Christians, remember, what you have is Faith, not Fact.

DKR you can't per say that only Christians think of it as fact, and not faith. Some Atheist, or a lot of other people will also say they have facts that he doesn't/couldn't of existed.

knuts said:
Now, there could be several reasons for your inappropriate replies and hateful reviews:
1) You are lazy and unwilling to put forth a proper response
2) You are lazy or unwilling to do proper research
3) You are incapable of reading long responses
5) You long for attention (Publicity stunt!)
7) It makes you feel special
8) You wish to alienate many readers and gain a limited audience with viewers similar to you
9) Your a hater
10) Your mother doesn't love you (I'm testing out your immature, unintelligent, about a subject you know nothing about policy)

Hmm, aside from the glowing points many have made in this topic (in particular mC who has stated in this topic that he's a Christian who actually does go to church on Sundays making his point all the more valid, the same also goes for the other Christians who have commented) and the other topic (see the link above, I'm too lazy to post a fresh one) I'd like to ask you, were points nine and ten there to fill up space? "Your a hater" doesn't say all that much at all and "Your mother doesn't love you" is a complete cop out.

Anyway, aside from the somewhat obvious (and joking by the way) ribbing I'd just like to say, it's a joke review, just take a look the infamous Survivor review or even the Catwoman review, hell, just take a look at any of GR's reviews for a taste of the Game Revolution humour.

Even if GR means to cause offence the only way the reviews would cause offence is if the person is so invested in the subject matter that they're overly protective of it, as an atheist no religious event offends me, people of religious persuasion are completely free to go about their business worshipping whichever god they wish to worship and while I disapprove of certain aspects of religion and politics regarding religion (which I will not go into now) I do believe in a person's right to choose what to believe and even to preach that belief to an extent but I also feel that should a person or group exercise that right they should also allow others the same privilege.

As I have already quoted in another topic:

Judge Sedley said:
Free speech includes not only the inoffensive, but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and the provocative, provided it does not tend to provoke violence.

Sam

I found the mail bag absolutely hilarious. Seeing the ignorance of people is one of the most entertaining things out there. I'm glad people that are considered professionals like dUKE are able to disregard social taboos and political correctness. It truly shows the existence of freedom of speech. Kudos to dUKE for the entertaining review and mailbag.

DKR1138 said:
Not a great reviewer, one of the best reviewers...

Really if Christians weren't so up themselves in there faithful duty to preach there beliefs to everyone like it was Fact, rather than Faith... I think a couple or several Crusades for the cross could have been bipassed don't you think?

I've heard alot about Christians being very forgiving and accepting... but as soon as you relatively take a different opinion on there beliefs or goals the bludgeon stick soon surfaces. Christians, remember, what you have is Faith, not Fact.

I find this particularily offensive

The review and tha mailbag however, absolutley ace, even as a christian, if one can not laugh at himself, he should be cursed to never laugh at all

I made a choice in my life, but no where does it state that I have to convert every nay sayer and argue pointlessley to no end, the left behind review was witty, humorous, and in all honesty, very good taste considering the material he was given.

I myself have discussed, not argued, about religion and athiesim with a number of board members, most memerable discussion being with dave matthews and kurt cobain (the board members before any of you start busting out wise ass comments)

I honest to god don't see what all the huff is over, but every non believer quick to shoot down an upset over the hill christian is just as bad as those they scream against, people like DKR don;t exactly understand what they do is preaching in their own way, intollerance just the same,

Seriously though, the best quote from that whole mailbag:

You'll probably get a lot of this, and it's for a good reason: you have no right to rate a game that low when that review actually matters to said games perception on gamerankings.com

Read: I love Zelda therefore you can't rate it low.
Seriously, they gave it a B+! A fucking B+! That's a really good rating. You'd think they gave it a C- or something. Fanboys never cease to amaze me.

Especially funny quote, mc. Like the GR Staff care at all how their reviews affect the scores on meta review sites.

Mala,

Just so you know, in honor of your crazy commitment to Goemon, I bring up Mystical Ninja every time I'm in a meeting about what to bring to Live Arcade next. In fact, just yesterday I was telling my coworkers how much I wanted to see that roller skating dutch boy painter and hear his theme song again.

I don't want to be turned into a European and have to join the EU!

- Colin

haha! Excellent! The good message of IMPACT should be spread, with a large drugs pipe and some roller skates.

Tomorrow afternoon me and my friend will be pushing down some energy drinks and continuing with mystical ninja 2! Bismaru, an evil woman who looks identical to Ebisimaru has stolen a machine that can summon ghosts, and is planning on summoning a SUPER EVIL LORD! I can't wait to see how this one pans out.

Icepick said:
I honest to god don't see what all the huff is over, but every non believer quick to shoot down an upset over the hill Christian is just as bad as those they scream against, people like DKR don’t exactly understand what they do is preaching in their own way, intollerance just the same,

Yes, preaching the fact some Christians just can't take criticism. Its not like im preaching faith here, just harmless fact. Just as some Zelda fanboys, can't take some healthy criticism over there new Zelda game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod