I beg of you Duke, review Forza 3

Icepick

Rookie
I rarely speak out or ask for much, but Forza 3 needs to be reviewed by a proper car enthusiast. Considering the physics are what makes the game, a ittle first hand knowledge of how different cars react in certain situations is required. I'm sure the other reviewers are competent, but it's a sim, not an arcade experience.

I'll make a thousand GR painted cars and give them away as advertisements if you review the game Duke. :p

Yes those decals remind me of the one member that had GameRevolution on his car for a demolition derby contest, if I do recall it was in the manifesto somewhere

A game like this, you don't have the space to write about everything. Tried to hit the most important points, especially the things that were most changed since FM2.

-JC

I was concerned that a reviewer with no car knowledge would get it, but I feel Jesse hit all the points. The tires feel more grippy, supposedly due to the tire deformation, which mimics pressure properly, again, so say turn 10

The only other item I had a qualm with was the comparison to arcadey racers. Forza being a two game disc, they had no more room for additional content like improved graphics in cockpit view among other things. When Need fr speed or dirt do a game, damage modeling looks great, because they have 25 different models or so. Including over 400 cars makes a damage modeling system a little different.

I cant comment on the grippy feel more indepth, as I have yet to get the game, but they have made it more user friendly so I'd take Jesse's word on it. Over all, a solid review none the less, aside from that minor point I have an argument against

Why oh why did they mess with the physics?

Sure, i agree tyres should have been more grippy. It's impossible to get traction with the Buick GNX in FM2, even though it has 400+ wide slicks. (FYI, bullshit, even with 500kw.)
But seriously, the physics other than that were spot on. It was great fun to try and get a decent tune to drift, cars handled almost perfectly..etc.
In fact, the only FTO i've driven handled almost exactly the same as one did in FM2 with the sameish mods.

If FM3 fails to provide this, i shall return it and get my money back.
As it stands, the only reason i'm getting FM3 (tomorrow) is because i want some new cars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod