It doesn't fly with me

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
that Harry and Voldemort have wands that share a pegasus eyelash, or whatever. Also, Hermione is a know-it-all muggle bitch.

A wizard did it. And originally it seemed like she was so good because she was overcompensating, but they never went off that angle because they're books for children.

Quidditch also makes no sense. Why play the whole match when it's always decided by the seeker catching the snitch, which means automatic victory.

Two reasons.
One, the system of it is done like soccer, where the people who go on to the finals aren't decided by the number of wins but the cumulative number of goals.

And two, so that there's a position that's infinitely more important than the rest that they can put the protagonist at.

Though the thing about Harry Potter that I noticed is that it's really two separate stories. There's the first four, which are lighthearted tellings of school, but with magic involved. And then there are the last three, which are dark teenage stories about rebellion against society, racism, murder, and EVERYONE DIES IT'S SO SAD!

Harry Potter books aren't well written. They're fun, but they're really pretty basic.

Voldemort living on the back of that guy's head is so stupid.

Sorcerer's Stone is on HBO Family, you guys.

Who wouldn't want to share a body with Voldermort?

bellatrix2.jpg

used44 said:
Quidditch also makes no sense. Why play the whole match when it's always decided by the seeker catching the snitch, which means automatic victory.

Team gets 150 points from catching the snitch, that equals 15 goals. So it is possible to win even if the team doesn't catch the snitch.

Imagine how interesting football would become if they added a rabbit in the field to work as a snitch. Those ancient rules need some make-up.

I don't know why this thread exists, other than as a schedule for what's on HBO Family.

I like the books and movies, but you have to go in with the mind that you're going to enjoy something very immature and purely for entertainment value.

If Voldemort was smart, instead of relying on magic, he could have resolved everything in his favor in the first chapter of the first book
137491_v1_mobile.jpg

I happen to be a huge Potter fan, but it doesn't mean I can't crap on the whole affair. After having my heart torn out in Book 3 I could never trust the idea of the book having a "happy ending".

And now a bunch of HP images...because that's what we do here.

sirius.jpg

383388_307436869322797_146108228788996_754441_1374204939_n_large.jpg

celebrity-pictures-gary-oldman-sirius.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod