Is it just me

kingg5

Rookie
Or has 09-10 been really bad years please explain if some pretty shitty things happened to you during that time. I just wanna make sure it just isn't me

It's pretty good for me so far, filled with awesome friendships, career-building learning, and hopefully, a job fresh out of high school as a video game creator, and a spot in the Art Institutes.

It's what you make of it. Sorry for your losses, though. You have my sympathy.

I got busted for underage drinking...yeah 09 sucked since I was busted around Thanksgiving.

UghRochester said:
I got busted for underage drinking...yeah 09 sucked since I was busted around Thanksgiving.
Yeah I got put away before thanksgiving in 08 didn't get out till Augest the girl I was with died February 09 a week before I was suppose get out which screwed that for me in august my uncle died a week before I got out. I figured this topic could be used to talk for advice and to let things out you have on you mind

UghRochester said:

Howard if I can remember your story correctly that was ENTIRELY your fault. Don't say a year sucked because the time you got busted you could have avoided it.

As for me, my dog died a few days into the new year, but I got a cat around Halloween of 2009, and she's got a personality that reminds me of my dog if my dog had been more of a smart ass. I'd say the years pretty much balanced themselves out on that one

Well, last year:
I was a full time student doing pretty much nothing all day.
With 60gb download limit for $140/mnth

This year:
I'm a manual laborer making shit money
But i have unlimited download internet for $90/mnth.

Hmm.

I like how you gauge how good your life is at the moment by how much internet you can use. There's a world outside of the computers, Madster, you should meet it

Well, I just got home from my semester studying in Oxford. So this year has been good.

Last year though, there was a mix up with my college transcripts that prevented me from going to the school I planned on going to at the last minute. So I ended up at city college instead, which then allowed me to go to England for a semester.

Eh, I've been good.

All I can say is that it's certainly better than last year. And that it can always be worse.

schimmel said:
I like how you gauge how good your life is at the moment by how much internet you can use. There's a world outside of the computers, Madster, you should meet it

And in that world, there be bitches.

Longo_2_guns said:
Last year though, there was a mix up with my college transcripts that prevented me from going to the school I planned on going to at the last minute. So I ended up at city college instead,

Wait, isn't that the plot to Orange County?

Didn't get in to the school I wanted again. But I have a decent job, a house, healthy family and stability.

this year has been ups and lows for me. It started off in Austria which was good since it meant I finished my conscription service. The first part time job i had was an expereince for sure, but not necessarily the one i was looking for.

My recent trip was pretty amazing so im happy for that but i did get rejected to the school iw anted to go to. I'm a little unsure about the rest of the year for now, not quite knowing what college is really going to be like away from home and everything.. btw, anyone going to WSU?

Yup, but I want another one that gets me a cool title (DMD or DDS) that offers a better earning potential and a job that would be more enjoyable.

EDIT: Continuing off of my OP, I can't complain. My bad years would be '04-'06.

I had dislocated my shoulder the year before but I finally had my ~35th shoulder dislocation. It was nasty, I wasn't insured and it never really worsened after the first one. The doctor said put it off til you're back on your parent's insurance. But I didn't have anoterh dislocation for a long time and when I finally did, putting that thing back in was a bitch. I finally got my rotator cuff surgery and spent the summer relearning how to use my arm. Met a great girl, dated for a year, got serious and bought an expensive engagement ring. Got ran over by a fork lift at work the next day. Specifically, a bigger one that lifted steel pipes on huge pallets.
4960-2.jpg

Got a first degree burn that covered half my calf, luckily no broken bones despite it having a solid rubber tire and a curb weight of a couple tons. Spent that summer in a pain med cloud. Got a skin graft, got married at the end of the summer, got my staples out and started to walk unaided again.
Spent Christmas with my family, noticed my mom looked a little off. Used my knowledge from physiology classes to guess she had jaundice, told her to go to a doctor. After we were back at college (in a different state), found out my mom had cancer and a month to live. She fought it off for four months, died in the middle of my finals week (only took two tests).

After all of that crammed into roughly two years...I can't complain anymore. I survived, life has continued and old wounds kinda heal.

Well...
I kinda effed it up by going after the same girl for about 14 months -not entiiirely consecutive- and getting no where. Its crazy because all she really wanted me for was to have sex and lose her virginity before she left highschool -shes a senior and graduating next week, Im a junior-

But I think Ive found someone else who really wants me to be their first, and them mine, so I guess it kinda really works out that I never did it with the other girl cause it never felt right with her.

Ummm, I saw my grandpa maybe twice in the past two years because he has 2 different terminal diseases, so that sucks.

Uhh, I figured that Im not religious, just obsessed with the idea of love and beauty and nature, but NOT a hippie. And that if I told my stepdad Im not christian he'd kick me in the face then out of the house, the neo nazi racist discriminant bastard he is...

Uhh, other than that my life has been good.

Oh, and LOST ended. Thats sad.

Yeah Bret, sell that shit to Hollywood. People will cry.

(SHUT UP! I'm not crying!!)

2009 was a bit rough telling my parents I'd failed my 2nd year at uni...that's pretty much it. I got a job pretty quickly after that and here I am.

2010 is AWSUM so far. Vancouver skiing holiday, Devon holiday cottage, enjoying work. Along with World Cup in 19 days and the Ryder Cup in September. BIFF!

schimmel said:
There's a world outside of the computers, Madster, you should meet it

Enough with your lies Sam

2009 was a pretty solid year. My lung collapsed, but it got me off habitual weed smoking.
2010 is looking good so far. I saw a blimp. That was pretty neat.

Thanks, Longo & MattAY, it was a crazy time in my life. Aside from getting bad test anxiety since then, I'm good. My sister has a hard time because her son was born the evening my mom passed, luckily it was after midnight so it's not the same day.

If I have any advice for anyone going through a bad time it would be to find or maintain positive relationships in your life. It's amazing how focusing on them instead of negative relationships or drama can make things better. Find a way to do or create something positive in the world. And most importantly...keep moving, hitting pause or just coasting for awhile will only make things worse. Make a positive plan and do it.

They've been good to me. Paid off my credit card debt (was unemployed when Mervyn's shut down and had to pay rent a couple times on my credit card), and I've actually been able to start building my savings again. New friends, possibly getting a job in the near future that could start me down a career path, and I helped start a community service club.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle