iPad

My mom just got back from Denver, she read an article about it on the plane. Guy writing it was all over the fact you can make text bigger, literally, in a pinch. Mentioned it like 10 times throughout the article, how it'd be so great so old people will have an easy time reading stuff on the web.
Yep. Target demographic.

Honestly, upon reading the subject of this topic and not having any familiarity with the product other than previously hearing about Apple releasing a tablet PC at some point, I thought they had released some manner of digital tampons with some manner of useful readouts, self-removal functions, and perhaps a vibrate setting like a phone to help the whole painful process of menstruation.

Yeah, no. Realizing it's just about, at best, a backwards move from the mobile and similarly useful iPhone, I have lost all interest and excitement in the subject.

I know it's probably not a common mistake, but still... name sucks. That is all.

I think this photoshopped image says it best.

ipad.jpg

Well, hey, I'll be the optimist.

Thank goodness some people will buy this so the technology will become cheaper and the market for this stuff will broaden. I still can't buy even an iPhone because it's packaged with AT&T and the service for that where I live sucks.

And that article about the 8 things that suck about the iPad? Seriously, the first complaint is about bezel? A layperson doesn't use "bezel" in his vernacular. Apple has done a good job of marketing complex technology in a familiar design to non-techies. They don't do "bezel." The rest of that information is useful and disheartening, but don't choose #1 as "bezel." Get over yourself.

just wait a couple months. it'll have all those features you all want. then you all will hail it has the 2nd coming. then another company will copy it, put yheir own version out, at which point you all will hail that as the greatest thing ever and go back to bashing the ipad till apple releases something else.

in short, it like going, "ohhhh a new shiny"

I doubt apple will make many changes to it the iPod touch is still basically the same thing when it first came out...that being said, if it's able to be jailbroken then I may consider it, but not being able to multitask or read pdfs and things like that make it kind of useless as of now..

Eh... If you hate what Apple has, how in the world are you going to be satisfied with MSI? Even Asus has them beat in the netbook category.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod