Get relief from BigTruckSeries

I've been hanging around GR forever but never contributed much...just a big fan of the intelligent reviews, clever writing and amusing community. But now I'd like to give back.

For quite a while the comments on GR have been plagued by the infamous troll BigTruckSeries. Some of us can remember a time before, when we would browse GR without being regularly exposed to his particular brand of persistently irritating drivel. Now you can relive those days!

I recently found a userscript that can hide a particular user's comments on the Disqus comment system GR uses. I've made some tiny additions that cause it to hide comments specifically from BTS as well as the replies. I've tested it using the Tampermonkey extension for chrome and the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox and it seems to work quite nicely.

All you need to do is install the appropriate userscript plugin for your browser and then install the script from here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/385823

For those of you who enjoy BigTruck's antics, more power to you. But I imagine some regulars here just wish he'd disappear from time to time, and this script is for you! Just activate it whenever you feel like you've had enough and enjoy a GR free from his comment trollery. It can be a particular relief in light of the numerous recent PS4-better-than-XboxOne type articles.

Get Greasemonkey (Firefox) here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... asemonkey/
Get Tampermonkey (Chrome) here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fkfo?hl=en

It may work on userscript plugins for Safari, IE, etc...but I'm not familiar with them.

Also, I want to be clear on the fact that I did not write the script...simply found it and made a couple of tiny edits. All credit for the script code goes to Motty Katan(c) 24-12-2013

Green_Lantern said:
Don't visit the front page. Problem solved.

You could go the "don't look" route, I suppose.

I personally just wanted a solution that would let me enjoy the site as I normally would without having to avert my eyes to avoid him.

Shame people can't just ignore him. My reply to him was me stating I was going to just downvote him and just ignore his comments. Sometimes, it's irritating to see Dan give him an up vote. Shame on you, Dan.

It's hard to ignore when someone writes in ALL CAPS. I try not to read but my brain does it automatically.

Reacting to him in any way negative or positive only feeds him.

The script is the best way I've found to make it like he doesn't exist. It's pretty relaxing once you turn it on.

strangebiscuit said:
It's hard to ignore when someone writes in ALL CAPS. I try not to read but my brain does it automatically.

Reacting to him in any way negative or positive only feeds him.

The script is the best way I've found to make it like he doesn't exist. It's pretty relaxing once you turn it on.
Well, he must have a case of worms, because he's being fed constantly. This thread is also feeding him.

Well, he must have a case of worms, because he's being fed constantly. This thread is also feeding him.

It's a sideways move...yes the creation of the script is a reaction but if one chooses to use it that will halt all possibility of future reaction. So it's one reaction that could cancel many other potential reactions. If everyone were to use it that would all but eliminate his presence and ensure he starves.

Anyway it's just a joke. Some people seem to like his nonsense. It just occurred to me that something like this could help on days when you want to read through the site but really don't feel like letting that gibberish seep into your brain.

Icepick can just be an icey prick sometimes. He's evened out since that last time we had to ban him, that and we let those threads quietly die.

This is a crazy script! Thanks for sharing your hard work, biscuit!

Who is BigTruckSeries? link me, apes!

edit: oh, okay, nevermind. I had to accidentally click an article to find this guy. Won't happen again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle